View Full Version : Oberstdorf/Mountain Cup

2loop2loop
04-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Well it's been ages since I posted on here last, but now the closing date for OD has passed and the closing date for the MC is a few days away I thought it would be interesting to find out who's going.

I'm going to both - my 6th MC and my 1st OD (finally old enough!)

J.

coskater64
04-02-2009, 03:59 PM
What a shock, I'm going too...as well as Ms. McG who doesn't post here.
I can't believe you can finally do OD....:twisted:

Skating:
Master FS
Master Artistic
Master Improv
Master Figures
Pre gold solo dance

Yep...that's it just
free skate & Artistic for OD.

mintypoppet
04-02-2009, 04:48 PM
MC: bronze solo free dance and bronze ladies I freeskate.

Not old enough to do OD yet... :(

Mrs Redboots
04-03-2009, 08:48 AM
OD Cheering section

MC Pre-Bronze compulsories, couples' Interpretive - dance-style.

blue111moon
04-03-2009, 10:16 AM
No Germany for me. (I opted to spend the post-PC week sightseeing in London again this year.)

MC - For once I didn't wait until the deadline to send in the forms. Preliminary Compulsory Dances again (hoping to get the steps RIGHT this year :) ) and Bronze Solo Free Dance (sorry about the yodelling again, people, but I haven't been back on the ice long enough to chorograph something new.)

And I booked all the flights yesterday so I'm committed.

NickiT
04-03-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm going to Oberstdorf for the first time this year and competing in Silver Freeskating.

Nicki

RachelSk8er
04-03-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm finally old enough, but too much going on this year. This summer will be my first lay on the beach and do nothing vacation in 4 years :) So I won't have enough time off work, even though I happen to have the $$.

I'd really like to go in '10 or '11, since I know won't be able to in 2012 because I'll be graduating from law school in May and taking the bar exam that July.

kateskate
04-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Finally old enough for OD but not going. Not enough time and money for both this year.

Will be at MC - silver free skate (now in age cat II - eeek), silver solo free dance and for some crazy reason I'm having a go at pre-gold solo compulsories.

flutzilla1
04-05-2009, 05:14 PM
I'll be in Bronze 2 Ladies at Oberstdorf!

Mrs Redboots
04-06-2009, 05:36 AM
No Germany for me. (I opted to spend the post-PC week sightseeing in London again this year.)OH bother, does that mean you'll be in London and I won't see you, as we are going to Germany? Still, I'll see you at the MC, and we can have our usual fun in the Old and Slow section of the camp!

I'll be in Bronze 2 Ladies at Oberstdorf!I shall look forward to meeting you!

blue111moon
04-06-2009, 06:50 AM
I guess I wasn't clear, Mrs. R. :) I'm going to Mountain Cup and THEN going to London for a week. So I'll be in London from 8 June to the 15th. I'm planning on hitting the museums I missed the first two visits. When it comes to a choice between germany and London, I'll take London every time, anglophile that I am. I like countries where I can at least read the language. :lol:

All the flights are booked. I even have not one but two dance coaches working with me now. Okay, one of them's retired and just doing it for the fun of it but the other one is determined to whip me into shape and send me off able to actually dance and not just do the steps. That's her goal anyway. We'll see what happens. ;)

Mrs Redboots
04-07-2009, 01:18 PM
I guess I wasn't clear, Mrs. R. :) I'm going to Mountain Cup and THEN going to London for a week. So I'll be in London from 8 June to the 15th. I'm planning on hitting the museums I missed the first two visits. When it comes to a choice between germany and London, I'll take London every time, anglophile that I am. I like countries where I can at least read the language. :lol:Oh good, we can get together then. We get back on the evening of the 8th.

All the flights are booked. I even have not one but two dance coaches working with me now. Okay, one of them's retired and just doing it for the fun of it but the other one is determined to whip me into shape and send me off able to actually dance and not just do the steps. That's her goal anyway. We'll see what happens. ;)
Well, you are a born ice-dancer, I thought last year.

We have booked our accommodation and crossings, but what we haven't booked is overnight accommodation on the way there and back. Back is easy enough - if all else fails we'll spend the night in the Ibis Dijon Sud, which we have done before, but we are taking two nights en route to Oberstdorf (might as well take advantage of the Bank Holiday - we would have left earlier but my aunt and uncle are celebrating their Diamond Wedding on the Saturday, and we can't miss that!), and haven't decided where to spend the nights yet!

starskate6.0
04-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Anyone got a tentative schedule and list of skaters yet ? .
Id like to see who's going . I may still go just to take part in some of the lessons offered and come watch you all skate. :)

NickiT
04-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Anyone got a tentative schedule and list of skaters yet ? .
Id like to see who's going . I may still go just to take part in some of the lessons offered and come watch you all skate. :)

Not yet. An email was sent today saying they'd be drawing up timetables as soon as they can.

Nicki

Mrs Redboots
04-09-2009, 10:58 AM
I may still go just to take part in some of the lessons offered and come watch you all skate. :)Oh yes, Ross, do come - we can sit in the stands and make rude comments about everybody and have fun.... or even nice comments!

(Query - the English languages is so ridiculous sometimes - how come we sit in stands???)

starskate6.0
04-12-2009, 09:57 AM
Mrs Redboots

Rude comments...8O Im sure I get plenty of those when I skate, I know how to piss people off when i break the rules just to make programs entertaining and fun..:lol: All in good fun though. I do so love the Oberstdorf event . Don't be suprized if I just roll up. I may just hitch a ride on USAir on there daily Munich flight and come see you guy's if only to say Hello. I went on a hiking tour and para-gliding last year and i love to bum my way around Europe it's so pretty in spring and Iv gotten to know some of the locals there.

Good luck every one , if you see a weardo in the stands come say Hello..:lol:

flutzilla1
05-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Groups and schedules are up:

GROUPS: http://www.isu.org/vsite/vfile/page/fileurl/0,11040,4844-196061-213284-149311-0-file,00.pdf

SCHEDULE: http://www.isu.org/vsite/vfile/page/fileurl/0,11040,4844-196059-213282-149312-0-file,00.pdf

Getting REALLY really nervous now!
8O

jazzpants
05-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Getting REALLY really nervous now!
8OI've seen your skate on Ice Network before. You'll do just GREAT!!! :P :D :bow:

Mrs Redboots
05-11-2009, 12:43 PM
**Bounces happily**. This time in two weeks we'll be on our way!

Really looking forward to seeing everyone at Oberstdorf, and to the Mountain Cup camp and competition. Wish our skating was going to match, but hey, you can't have everything, can you?

flutzilla1
05-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Even sending the emails to reserve practice ice is making me nervous! Oh well at least it is having one good and unexpected side effect -- I don't have much of an appetite lately. ;)

Looking forward to meeting all the English and European skatingforumers in about 2 weeks! :)

blue111moon
05-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Good luck to everyone in Oberstdotf!

Looking forward to seeing all the Mountain Cuppers again.

2loop2loop
05-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Just realised that my event is the very last one. No pressure then!

Mrs Redboots
05-14-2009, 05:54 AM
Two weeks today - almost to the minute, as I type!

Longing to see everybody, either at Oberstdorf or at the MC. Or both!