View Full Version : Mexican skater looking for a rink and coaches

carlos
04-01-2009, 12:28 PM
My daughter is 17, she is doing some doubles and is trying double axel and I think triple salchaw and wants to improve her skating by going to Canada next summer. She plans to stay there until december 2009 or summer 2010. The general idea is to find a good group of coaches having the time and willing to help her improve her skills. In Mexico skaters must take a skating exam to jump to next level. What she wants is to try to complete all doubles including double axel, do some combinations of jumps, complete some triples, all these in a consistent manner and generally be able to go to the next level of skating. She has been in competitions in Mexico for the past 8 years with some good results.
I would like to get some recommendations of rinks and coaches willing to have this kind of skater and being commited to dedicate their time and effort and not only give some lessons without the following up.
She seems to be commited to make the effort to improve and also get the experience to live and learn from more experienced people and in a different culture which will help her in her life.