View Full Version : Questions on shipping my Interp prop to AN2009

sexyskates
03-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Due to all the new airline baggage restrictions, I'm checking out options for getting my Artistic Interp prop to Michigan from New York. I have a rhythmic gymnastics hoop and was able to take it as luggage in a box several years ago. However, it is now considered "over sized" at 35" x 37.25" x 2". I am thinking of shipping it, but am not sure which service is the most reliable, how long it will take, how much it will cost, and where I should ship it. I'm staying at the very basic Super 8 - they said they can hold my box for a few days before I arrive. Anyone with experience and pearls of wisdom?
By the way, the Super 8 is walking distance from the Paterson Ice Arena, and is a bargain - only $41 a night with AAA!

Stormy
03-23-2009, 04:03 PM
Hmmm....since you have enough time UPS Ground is probably the way to go, or FedEx Ground. It's light too which helps on cost. I did a ton of shipping at my last job and found both equally reliable, with the slight nod to FedEx for reliability but UPS was cheaper.

vesperholly
03-23-2009, 04:19 PM
8O Thank you, thank you for the tip on Super 8!! I'm going to save almost $200 by booking there instead of Best Western. It looks pretty nice from the photos, too. :)

flying~camel
03-23-2009, 04:32 PM
The Super 8 was just recently bought by another company and it looks like they've done quite a bit of work from the outside.

Hopefully, the inside is redone, too, because that place was pretty skanky before.

vesperholly
03-24-2009, 04:39 AM
The Super 8 was just recently bought by another company and it looks like they've done quite a bit of work from the outside.

Hopefully, the inside is redone, too, because that place was pretty skanky before.
Well, they did have interior photos, allegedly from that location, that looked alright. Here's hoping.

sexyskates
03-24-2009, 06:06 AM
When I made my reservation, the man on the phone was very nice and informative. Also I'm getting a microwave and frig, so it has everything I need for the week.

vesperholly
03-24-2009, 06:28 AM
When I made my reservation, the man on the phone was very nice and informative. Also I'm getting a microwave and frig, so it has everything I need for the week.
Did you have to request those or are they in every room? That was the one thing I wondered about and a big reason I initially booked at Best Western.

sexyskates
03-24-2009, 06:41 AM
You have to ask, and there is a small fee.