View Full Version : I bought my 1st ebay dress

isakswings
03-14-2009, 04:18 AM
from the seller wonderland0559. It arrived quickly and dd loves it! It looks wonderful on her. Then today, I decided to bid on a dress from China. I've been considering it for over a year and after seeing a few reviews of China dresses here and after seeing a few at dd's rink, I decided to take the plunge! This dress will likely be a practice dress or back up comp dress. I paid 31.xx for it! Not bad! Anyway, I am excited to see what it is like when it arrives. Now I get to wait. :) The bad thing about finding out how much I like(or might like!) these ebay dresses is how cheaply I can buy them. I am going to have a difficult time trying NOT to buy dresses now that I have discovered I can find nice dresses for not much money. :) Reign me in!!!

Anyway, for those who have ordered dresses from China, how long did it take for your dress to arrive? I am guessing it will take about 2-3 weeks for dd's dress to arrive. Anyone want to share their experiences?

aussieskater
03-14-2009, 06:13 AM
Between 10 days and 3 weeks (when I ordered around Xmas). I live in Oz so the delivery times might be different for you. Hope you love the dress when it arrives!

isakswings
03-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Between 10 days and 3 weeks (when I ordered around Xmas). I live in Oz so the delivery times might be different for you. Hope you love the dress when it arrives!

Thanks!! We're in the US, so I guess we'll see how long it will take for the dress to arrive. At any rate, I know it won't be super fast and that's ok! I AM anxious and cannot wait to see it. :)

ibreakhearts66
03-14-2009, 05:33 PM
How do the sequins look on the wonderland dress? I've been considering buying one for my short program, but am unsure as to how the seuqins will "read" on the ice.

jp1andOnly
03-14-2009, 06:20 PM
I ordered a dress from her as well!! I havent got it yet but will post when I do. She changed the colour on my request and no extra charges. The only extras are the rush shipping fees since I need it pretty quick. I decided to get one made to my measurements and it cost a bit more but far less then what I would pay locally. I'm excited to see it as I've only heard positives about her work :)

from the seller wonderland0559. It arrived quickly and dd loves it! It looks wonderful on her. Then today, I decided to bid on a dress from China. I've been considering it for over a year and after seeing a few reviews of China dresses here and after seeing a few at dd's rink, I decided to take the plunge! This dress will likely be a practice dress or back up comp dress. I paid 31.xx for it! Not bad! Anyway, I am excited to see what it is like when it arrives. Now I get to wait. :) The bad thing about finding out how much I like(or might like!) these ebay dresses is how cheaply I can buy them. I am going to have a difficult time trying NOT to buy dresses now that I have discovered I can find nice dresses for not much money. :) Reign me in!!!

Anyway, for those who have ordered dresses from China, how long did it take for your dress to arrive? I am guessing it will take about 2-3 weeks for dd's dress to arrive. Anyone want to share their experiences?

isakswings
03-15-2009, 04:31 AM
How do the sequins look on the wonderland dress? I've been considering buying one for my short program, but am unsure as to how the seuqins will "read" on the ice.

I love the dress. I think it's perfect for my daughter. Honestly, I think the sequins are fine. BUT please keep in mind, my daughter is still skating at a pretty low level. This dress will be used for the basic skills freeskate levels and possibly up to non-test/pre-pre. I don't know if sequins "read" different for different levels. Dd's coach has a couple of students who have dresses from wonderland and she has never said anything negative about the dresses.

This is the dress I bought for my daughter who will be 11 in May:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/isakswings/janaesdress.jpg

We're very happy with the dress. I don't see anything wrong with sequins but that's just me. :) Like I said, my daughter is really just beginning to get competitive, so I might not be the best person to ask about this.

isakswings
03-15-2009, 04:54 AM
I ordered a dress from her as well!! I havent got it yet but will post when I do. She changed the colour on my request and no extra charges. The only extras are the rush shipping fees since I need it pretty quick. I decided to get one made to my measurements and it cost a bit more but far less then what I would pay locally. I'm excited to see it as I've only heard positives about her work :)

I hope you love it! What style did you choose I posted a picture of my daughter's dress. We're quite pleased with it. I think it is perfect for her music too(she's skating to: "I Believe in Fairies" from the motion picture, Peter Pan.)!

ibreakhearts66
03-15-2009, 07:28 PM
I love the dress. I think it's perfect for my daughter. Honestly, I think the sequins are fine. BUT please keep in mind, my daughter is still skating at a pretty low level. This dress will be used for the basic skills freeskate levels and possibly up to non-test/pre-pre. I don't know if sequins "read" different for different levels. Dd's coach has a couple of students who have dresses from wonderland and she has never said anything negative about the dresses.

This is the dress I bought for my daughter who will be 11 in May:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/isakswings/janaesdress.jpg

We're very happy with the dress. I don't see anything wrong with sequins but that's just me. :) Like I said, my daughter is really just beginning to get competitive, so I might not be the best person to ask about this.

Thanks for the response. I think I may end up buying a dress from wonderland. The alternative is spending lots of $$$ to heavily bling my absolute FAVORITE practice dress. I think I could buy one of the sequined dresses for less than it would cost to buy all of the stones. Plus, then I'd get to keep using my practice dress for practice! Actually, the one you ordered is one of the one's I've been eying...

jp1andOnly
03-15-2009, 10:42 PM
hmmm..i cant seem to post the pic...anyhow...

I may end up adding stones to the dress if I feel its needed. Guess I'll find out in another week or so if I will :)

isakswings
03-16-2009, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the response. I think I may end up buying a dress from wonderland. The alternative is spending lots of $$$ to heavily bling my absolute FAVORITE practice dress. I think I could buy one of the sequined dresses for less than it would cost to buy all of the stones. Plus, then I'd get to keep using my practice dress for practice! Actually, the one you ordered is one of the one's I've been eying...

I really do like this dress. My daughter thinks it is the prettiest dress she's owned so far! What you can't see in the pictures is that the pink sequins are AB so they catch the light really well! There are also small beads in the center of each sequin and smaller beaded patterns between a few of the rows of sequins. I wanted a pink or purple dress. The one I bought is the one her coach seemed to like the most, so I went with it over the purple dress I also liked.

Good luck deciding. If you do take the plunge, I hope you like yours as much as we like ours!

:)

isakswings
03-16-2009, 08:46 AM
hmmm..i cant seem to post the pic...anyhow...

I may end up adding stones to the dress if I feel its needed. Guess I'll find out in another week or so if I will :)

I hope you love it! It's always scary to order something like this and wonder if it will turn out like you planned. I was relieved when this dress fit my dd. I didn't want to start over! :)

isakswings
03-17-2009, 05:09 PM
I bearly ordered the China dress and eventhough I know it will take time to arrive, I am anxious to see it!! I'm an instant gratification person, so waiting is hard for me. LOL!

jp1andOnly
03-23-2009, 07:53 PM
I JUST got my dress from wonderland 0559 and it is SOOOOOOOOOOO pretty. It is spectacular. It far exceeds my expectations. Everyone loves it and it fits perfect. Its a little roomie, but better that then too tight (I was a bit generous on the measurements just to be on the safe side.)

The skirt on the dress is a perfect length for an adult skater...not too short and by far not too long. The entire outfit is lined which is wonderful. Honestly, I can't stop staring at it. I'll be a repeat customer and I highly recommend her work. I'll post a pic when I get my camera in order :)

isakswings
03-24-2009, 06:11 PM
I JUST got my dress from wonderland 0559 and it is SOOOOOOOOOOO pretty. It is spectacular. It far exceeds my expectations. Everyone loves it and it fits perfect. Its a little roomie, but better that then too tight (I was a bit generous on the measurements just to be on the safe side.)

The skirt on the dress is a perfect length for an adult skater...not too short and by far not too long. The entire outfit is lined which is wonderful. Honestly, I can't stop staring at it. I'll be a repeat customer and I highly recommend her work. I'll post a pic when I get my camera in order :)

I'm glad you like it! We were VERY pleased I think we got a great deal for the money I paid. My daughter's China dress arrived today. It's beautiful. It fits her perfectly. In fact, it fits her so well, she thought it was too small! She has a bit of room to grow and I would definately order from them again. Next time I think I will add about an inch in girth for growth!

mamaskate
03-25-2009, 12:44 AM
Which Chinese seller did you buy from? I've heard different things about the Chinese dresses, so it would be good to know which sellers are recommended.

isakswings
03-25-2009, 09:20 AM
Which Chinese seller did you buy from? I've heard different things about the Chinese dresses, so it would be good to know which sellers are recommended.

lucktao2006. I was very pleased with the timely responses to my questions not to mention it took all of 10 days to recieve the dress! The tracking number they gave me was great too. The information was accurate and honestly, I couldn't be happier.

Another mom has purchased 2 of her dd's dresses from the seller yibei_shop. I have seen those dresses and they are also quite nice.

This is the back of my daughter's dress. She's standing kinda funny here...lol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/isakswings/janaechinadressback2.jpg

This is what the front of her dress looks like.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/isakswings/jschinadress.jpg

rudi
03-25-2009, 11:39 AM
Very cute!
Good to know; thanks for the heads up on these dresses. Maybe I will order from here in the future.

mamaskate
03-26-2009, 11:47 PM
Very pretty dress! Are the crystals good quality? I'm sure they don't use Swarovski for the price they charge.

isakswings
03-27-2009, 09:33 AM
Very pretty dress! Are the crystals good quality? I'm sure they don't use Swarovski for the price they charge.

They are OK quality. They definately are not swarovski crystals! They aren't bad, but if you want something more sparkly, you'll have to add your own crystals. I think another poster on this board has ordered her dresses undecorated and then decorates them herself. Personally, I don't mind these crystals. Like I said, they aren't as sparkly as swarovski crystals but for the level my dd competes at, I think these crystals are fine. :)

mamaskate
03-27-2009, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the information!

dbny
03-27-2009, 11:49 PM
Great dress! It fits her well and it looks like a good color on her. I agree with you, no need to overdo the glitz at her age and level. Sometimes in the elite comps, I feel the costumes are so overdone they are distracting.

isakswings
03-28-2009, 05:52 PM
Great dress! It fits her well and it looks like a good color on her. I agree with you, no need to overdo the glitz at her age and level. Sometimes in the elite comps, I feel the costumes are so overdone they are distracting.

Thanks! Really, for the money I feel it was a great buy. She's worn it 3 times already. LOL!! I bought it with the intention of using it for practice or competitions. It definately fits her better then her other dresses do since it was cut to fit her measurements. DD actually wondered if it was too small when she first saw it... she's not used to dresses that fit so well. :)

Anyway... I definately plan to do this again. I think this dress looks great on her and I think she could use it for testing too.

Oh and I agree... at her age and level, too much glitz is not good. I am going to add a few more blue crystals to this dress, but it will still remain very simple. Dd's dresses are all very simple. I am sure when the music calls for it, there will be times we will need to be a little less simple, but for now, I think simple is good! I like simple but elegant looking dresses on elite skaters too! I don't think you need to go overboard to make a statement. KWIM?

dbny
03-29-2009, 05:00 PM
I like simple but elegant looking dresses on elite skaters too! I don't think you need to go overboard to make a statement. KWIM?

Yup! I don't recall what level your daughter is at, but when she startes doing Moves In The Field (MIF) tests (if not already), I would consider a simple, well fitted dress in a solid color. If she's testing Freestyle at the same time, that's different, but I think simpler is better for moves. JMO

isakswings
03-29-2009, 08:36 PM
Yup! I don't recall what level your daughter is at, but when she startes doing Moves In The Field (MIF) tests (if not already), I would consider a simple, well fitted dress in a solid color. If she's testing Freestyle at the same time, that's different, but I think simpler is better for moves. JMO

She's still in the LTS levels. I'm not sure when her coach plans to have her start testing for MIF. I keep meaning to ask her and forget. :) She's not ready yet, IMO. Soon enough tho! Freestyle will be awhile yet. I would guess at least a year. I'm hoping she can test for moves in the next 6 months. I'm thinking of talking to her coach about this too.