View Full Version : Name 1 skater from each Discipline you would love to have for a Learn to Skate coach

FSWer
03-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Ok fellow skaters!!! I want you to name one skater from each Discipline you'ld love to have for a Learn to Skate coach. Please name only one each. Use the following format....

Singles Freestyle Ladies = Kimmie Meissner

Singles Freestyle Men = Not sure

Pairs = Amanda Evora

Dance = Melissa Gregory

Ok people.....GO!!!!!

Mrs Redboots
03-11-2009, 07:44 AM
But surely the people in the learn-to-skate classes wouldn't really know who is a great coach, if they even know who are the current world-class skaters! And those who would know are well beyond the learn-to-skate stage, and are taking private lessons.... some from former world champions.

SkatEn
03-11-2009, 09:07 AM
And I have to say, just because one is a great skater, doesn't mean that one can necessarily be a great coach. It doesn't always happen this way;). But I do believe that their techniques will transfer.

Not for LTS, but just for my own skating,

Ladies FS = Tara for her consistency and joy on the ice (I was thinking Tara or Sasha, but Sasha seems more fun than work...)

Men's FS = Daisuke!

Pairs = Denis Petuchov (is he dance or pairs?)

Dance = no idea

But yes, it'll be fun to work with world-renowned skaters, whether the results will match their skills is another thing.