View Full Version : 2009 Adult Nationals Roll Call

Terri C
03-01-2009, 06:03 PM
The deadline has way past (1/15), the sectionals are over, so let the AN '09 Roll Call begin!!

This is the first year I actually get to say that I'm there!! Bronze Ladies III and Ladies Interp A/D III.

starskate6.0
03-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Hi Terri

I am so glad you are going to Nationals :D. Im afraid i won't be there this year . My industry is in the toilet ( again) and there is a chance Ill be looking for a job overseas here in about a month if it gets any worse. I also had a terrible fall last week and my Left ACL is now 1/2 from my shoulder. :frus: So skating is a no go for now till further notice.

On the bright side i have been able to see some of the results of all the Sectionals on Icenet and at least view some of the videos. I see Gold Mens for East and Pacific are not yet posted but im excited to see them as well.

I see Chris Williams moved to masters and came in Second at his event in Mids so Congratulations to Him..:bow: Your a star Chris Im proud of you. :bow:

Ill stay in touch if anyone would like to wright , this is my only contact with skating for awhile till the body can work again. Feel free to send me an E-mail everyone . Im sure some of you know me. Id love to hear from you
and I do wish you all the best of luck and maybe Ill fly out there just to watch and cheer you on. :D Good Luck every one.

Ross

flying~camel
03-01-2009, 09:08 PM
I'll be there as your friendly, neighborhood LOC co-chair! ;)

I'm going to try and watch as many Skatingforums members as I can, but I apologize in advance if I miss anyone!

ETA: If I was competing, this would've been #4 for me (I did Dallas 06, Chicago 07 & Lake Placid 08)!

phoenix
03-01-2009, 09:13 PM
I'll be there! Gold solo dance.

flo
03-01-2009, 09:17 PM
My partner and I will be there in Gold Pairs. :)
15th AN.

jazzpants
03-01-2009, 11:55 PM
I plan on being there. We'll see how I'll hold up with all the obstacles that are going on w/me as far as my job situation and health is concerned.

Bronze Ladies III and Ladies Interp A/D III. (Same as Terri C.)

vesperholly
03-02-2009, 03:19 AM
My second ANs! Silver I Ladies FS and Silver solo dance.

patatty
03-02-2009, 06:05 AM
I'll be there for the first time. Silver ladies II and adult interp A/D II.

Clarice
03-02-2009, 06:34 AM
I'm going! Silver Ladies III, A/D Interp III, and Bronze Solo Dance.

Stormy
03-02-2009, 07:15 AM
Fourth (wow, where has the time gone) ANs! Gold Ladies I. I'm so excited to cheer on all my friends!

Black Sheep
03-02-2009, 09:31 AM
Gold Ladies II.
Masters Ladies Interp. A/D II.

This will be my....8th AN! 8-)

Mel On Ice
03-02-2009, 09:51 AM
LOC, co-chair, big belly and all.

sk8er1964
03-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Gold ladies III
Bronze solo dance

AN #5 for me.

pedonskates
03-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Hi.
I'll be there in Masters Intermediate II and Masters Interpretive Comedy/Character.
This will be AN #9 for me.
Brenda

RachelSk8er
03-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Silver I free, Silver solo dance (the Jocelyn/Rochelle/Rachel silver squad!), and Masters I A/D interp!

This is AN #3 for me. So excited!

sexyskates
03-02-2009, 10:07 PM
I will be there, AN #9 for me!
Silver Ladies 3 FS
Adult Interp A/D 3
Adult Interp L/E 3

Thin-Ice
03-03-2009, 02:41 AM
Count me in!

Ladies Silver IV
Interp. Lt. Ent. IV

This is Lucky AN #13 for me! (I missed Delaware and Bensenville/Chicago.)

TimDavidSkate
03-03-2009, 08:55 AM
My 4th one :D

Silver Men 1 FS

FREESK8ER
03-03-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm skipping this year but good luck to all.
I'll be watching on Icenetwork.com.

TreSk8sAZ
03-03-2009, 04:11 PM
I'm still off-ice so I can't make it. But I'm cheering for you all and can't wait to watch the videos! Best of luck (especially to my Silver I FS ladies!)

coskater64
03-03-2009, 05:35 PM
My 7th AN!
Masters Intermediate Ladies 3 FS
Masters Ladies Comedic
Gold Solo dance, shoulda done silver, oh well, dibs on LAST!!:lol:

Mel On Ice
03-03-2009, 09:21 PM
co, take it from me, skate your best and it's last place with dignity

coskater64
03-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Well this time I will try to start on the right side, that might help the diginity component a little.8O8O

skaternum
03-05-2009, 06:18 AM
Well this time I will try to start on the right side, that might help the diginity component a little.8O8O

:lol::lol:

sk8er1964
03-05-2009, 08:30 AM

I would have had no idea about that - I figured that since they made you change, I would just start my dances on that end and avoid any problems ;)

NoVa Sk8r
03-05-2009, 09:04 PM
This is my 5th AN, and I am doing:
-Championship Gold Men
-Gold Men II (might withdraw because it's after champ. gold men)
-Championship Pairs
-Gold Pairs

Events are slated on Thurs., Fri., and Sat. I think I'd rather have them all on one day so I can just get it over with and enjoy watching everyone else!

doubletoe
03-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Gold Solo dance, shoulda done silver, oh well, dibs on LAST!!:lol:

Placing last in Gold Solo Dance at Nationals is like graduating last in your class from Harvard Medical School. They still have a Harvard diploma that says DOCTOR and you're still a GOLD DANCER! (a Solid Gold Dancer, I might add, ha ha!)

rlichtefeld
03-10-2009, 02:30 PM
This will be my 5th AN (2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, and 2009)

Silver Men III on Wednesday - 11 in the group
Silver Pairs on Friday - 5 in the group

This year should be quieter - Becca's not coming :cry:.

Rob

Black Sheep
03-10-2009, 05:46 PM
This year should be quieter - Becca's not coming

That is WRONG on so many levels! ;)

sk8er1964
03-10-2009, 06:21 PM

No Becca? :(

flo
03-10-2009, 06:27 PM
But Rob and Sara will be there!!!!

skaternum
03-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Does it even count as AN if Becca's not there??

Stormy
03-11-2009, 12:19 PM
No Becca? :(

Who's going to get thrown on the ice then? :halo:

rlichtefeld
03-11-2009, 12:19 PM

I guess I should have said that Becca will not be ATTENDING!

Rob

rlichtefeld
03-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Who's going to get thrown on the ice then? :halo:

I guess anyone can. We just have to pick another event.

We caught holy h**k from several pairs teams. Well, all but Nova. He loved it. But, his partner tore us a new one. And, I think she did it right here on this forum :lol:

Rob

flo
03-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Some people have no sense of humor.
I thought you threw Sara?

rlichtefeld
03-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Some people have no sense of humor.
I thought you threw Sara?

The original plan was to throw Sara, but at the last minute she "chickened out". So, Becca put on the shirt and the "SK8GR8" tag, and climbed over the boards.

It didn't interfere with anything, the officials were still working on the IJS results and the next team had not been called. She didn't wear her shoes, so nothing got on the ice - just a very large Wendy bear.

Rob

Stormy
03-11-2009, 01:45 PM
I thought the whole thing was hysterical. Anyone's welcome to be thrown on the ice after I skate! :lol:

flo
03-11-2009, 02:20 PM
This gold pair team would welcome it as well.
But check the rules - I saw "no live bodies" for one competition - can't remember which one.

phoenix
03-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Get a sense of humor, those who didn't like it. That was one of the funniest things ever!!!!!

coskater64
03-15-2009, 11:00 AM
It was very funny and did no "harm", I mean really!! Remember the young woman in Chicago who got the 4 foot tall stuffed pony shoved out onto the ice for her? Shades of grey...

No Becca, I will miss her, we will all need to have a cocktail in her honor at the after, after party Saturday night!!

:halo::twisted:8O:lol:

sk8er1964
03-15-2009, 12:08 PM
In Chicago, the skater before me had a bag of Jelly Bellies thrown to her. The bag broke, scattering jelly beans all over the ice. We were both on our hands and knees (along with another skater) picking them up.

It was actually a great stress reliever for me. Took all of the pre-skate nerves right out of me, as we laughed about finding the white jelly beans.

(Not that I want to repeat the experience ;) )

jazzpants
03-15-2009, 12:51 PM
NO BECCA!?!?! NOOOOOO!!! 8O. (I guess it will be up to Terri and I to supply the vodka then for NoVa then...you know... To take the edge off the event... :halo: )

As for who gets thrown, I'm tempted, but I think I better keep it quiet this year. :lol: (Ask me again if I ever make Gold FS. :twisted: ).

I don't get what the big hoopla is about? I thought the giant "Wendy Bear" was cute!!! LMAO!!! :lol:

Terri C
03-15-2009, 12:58 PM
NO BECCA!?!?! NOOOOOO!!! 8O. (I guess it will be up to Terri and I to supply the vodka then for NoVa then...you know... To take the edge off the event... :halo: )

As for who gets thrown, I'm tempted, but I think I better keep it quiet this year. :lol: (Ask me again if I ever make Gold FS. :twisted: ).

I don't get what the big hoopla is about? I thought the giant "Wendy Bear" was cute!!! LMAO!!! :lol:

We can do vodka detail.... we had been talking about a champaign hand off, but vodka is just as good!

RachelSk8er
03-15-2009, 07:07 PM
I thought the whole thing was hysterical. Anyone's welcome to be thrown on the ice after I skate! :lol:

There you go putting ideas in my head. Hmm...how far can I throw Kristin...

skaternum
03-15-2009, 07:30 PM
Hmm...how far can I throw Kristin...

As far as you trust her?? :halo:

flying~camel
03-15-2009, 08:56 PM
The chief referee has updated the group listings for AN 2009.

He fixed club errors and updated the groups for Gold & Silver solo dance.

http://www.ggrfsc.org/an09/documents/Group Listing.pdf (http://www.ggrfsc.org/an09/documents/Group%20Listing.pdf)
(http://www.ggrfsc.org/an09/documents/Group)

Black Sheep
03-15-2009, 10:19 PM
One person extra has been added to each of my event groups, but that's okay. It always makes me happy to skate with (I don't like to say against in this situation) good people I know and like! :bow:

rlichtefeld
04-09-2009, 02:53 PM
I just got an update, and Becca will be making an appearance this year. Not as a competitor, but as a spectator. She and Tina G. will by flying up on Friday to see their skating buds.

Rob

Terri C
04-09-2009, 04:10 PM
I just got an update, and Becca will be making an appearance this year. Not as a competitor, but as a spectator. She and Tina G. will by flying up on Friday to see their skating buds.

Rob

I think I can speak for quite a few folks here:
YESSSSSS!

sk8rpinkLisa
04-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Hi I am new here. This will be my first Nationals. I am doing Ladies Gold III Freeskate and Masters/Gold III Dramatic Interp. I am so excited and looking forward.I am also a little nervous:??

jazzpants
04-11-2009, 04:35 PM
I just got an update, and Becca will be making an appearance this year. Not as a competitor, but as a spectator. She and Tina G. will by flying up on Friday to see their skating buds.YEAAAAH!!!! MORE MISCHIEF at AN!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Is Becca up for being thrown again??? :P :lol:

sk8er1964
04-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Hi I am new here. This will be my first Nationals. I am doing Ladies Gold III Freeskate and Masters/Gold III Dramatic Interp. I am so excited and looking forward.I am also a little nervous:??

Hi - I'm in your freestyle group. :)

sk8ryellow
04-11-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm not in adult nationals but I will watch it on ice network, LOL!

sk8rpinkLisa
04-15-2009, 08:37 AM
Hi can't wait to meet everybody! I can't afford to take my coach but would like some coaching while I am there. I have practice ice Thurs evening and twice on Friday and my events are on Saturday. Does any one know of a coach that will be there willing to coach me?

Stormy
04-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Lisa's question actually reminds me of something I would like some clarification on. On the AN site, it says "Only coaches who have followed the U.S. Figure Skating (USFS) Coaches Registration Process guidelines and been approved will be given "Coach" credentials.
Only these coaches and other properly credentialed individuals will be allowed near the area where skaters get on and off the ice."

Can we have our credentialed friends putting us on? I've heard yes and I've heard no. It says "coaches AND other properly credentialed individuals". And I'm easily confused, so what's the real word on this?

flo
04-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Interesting. It also stated that this was the rule for qualifying events. The majority of the AN events are open.

flying~camel
04-15-2009, 10:14 AM
Our stance on the LOC is that, as long as they are credentialed*, they can be by the ice door.

The adult committee asked us to add that note on the web site, so I'm assuming they've been getting a lot of questions about it.

ETA: *Our definition of "credentialed" means anyone wearing a 2009 AN credential (competitor, coach, volunteer, official or LOC).

RachelSk8er
04-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Lisa's question actually reminds me of something I would like some clarification on. On the AN site, it says "Only coaches who have followed the U.S. Figure Skating (USFS) Coaches Registration Process guidelines and been approved will be given "Coach" credentials.
Only these coaches and other properly credentialed individuals will be allowed near the area where skaters get on and off the ice."

Can we have our credentialed friends putting us on? I've heard yes and I've heard no. It says "coaches AND other properly credentialed individuals". And I'm easily confused, so what's the real word on this?

Law nerd says "coaches and other properly credentialed individuals" covers your friend/fellow competitor.

Especially if your properly credentialed friend is wearing a snuggie.

Stormy
04-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Especially if your properly credentialed friend is wearing a snuggie.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

flo
04-16-2009, 02:24 PM
I want a snuggie - what a great place for one!

sk8er1964
04-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Rachelsk8er's snuggie makes her look like Cookie Monster. 8-)

Isk8NYC
04-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Rachelsk8er's snuggie makes her look like Cookie Monster. 8-)
My kids (who are way older than the Sesame Street demographic) told me that the Cookie Monster had been renamed to the "Veggie Monster." They were a bit upset and I can't blame them. Everyone knows that the Veggie Tales cast have the coolest dancing/singing/talking vegetables.

I'll let you get back on topic now.

flo
04-16-2009, 03:13 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/flopair/cococoach.jpg

How about Coco? She has credentials! And a club jacket!

jazzpants
04-16-2009, 03:16 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/flopair/cococoach.jpg

How about Coco? She has credentials! And a club jacket!If my primary coach brings his dog and the dog likes Coco, then I wouldn't mind both of them putting me out at my events!!! :P (Awwwww!!!!) :)

Here's my coach with his dog:

http://www.skatebowl.com/Ice_Center/Figure/Instructors/09_jay2.jpg

flo
04-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Maybe we can get them snuggies.

jazzpants
04-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Maybe we can get them snuggies.
Screw the dogs! I want one for me!!! (Or even better, an electric blanket for the locker rooms!!!) :twisted: :lol: :P :lol:

Skittl1321
04-16-2009, 03:31 PM
I want a snuggie - what a great place for one!

I have a "better than a snuggie" It is a full blanket that has 2 zippers and some buttons to make a shape like a walking sleeping bag. Snuggie's don't have backs- a major downfall.

I'll wear it at Nat's next year if I can pass my Bronze test by then! (Not counting on it...)

Good luck everyone!

Stormy
04-16-2009, 05:26 PM
I have a "better than a snuggie" It is a full blanket that has 2 zippers and some buttons to make a shape like a walking sleeping bag. Snuggie's don't have backs- a major downfall.

I'll wear it at Nat's next year if I can pass my Bronze test by then! (Not counting on it...)

Good luck everyone!

I want one!!! Where did you get it?

RachelSk8er
04-16-2009, 06:37 PM

Good luck everyone!

I had something like that my freshman year of college. It was basically a big fleece sack with sleeves, a zipper up the front, and holes at the bottom for your feet. (Almost like little kid PJs but it was a sack rather than individual legs). I'm not sure if I still have it in storage, I didn't take it back after freshman year because it was actually way too warm (they blasted the heat in our dorms so high we had to crack windows open in the winter). It was so ridiculous looking.

I never even thought to take it to skating competitions at the time, because at intercollegiates we sat at the rink all day and didn't get to leave...but I went to Miami and the unwritten rule is that Miami girls must look fashionable at all times in public.

Terri C
04-16-2009, 07:44 PM
So where is everyone staying?
Jazzpants and I will be at Country Inn and Suites. We arrive on Monday night.

flo
04-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Best Western. We arrive Tuesday.

sk8rpinkLisa
04-16-2009, 08:01 PM
I am staying at the Sleep Inn I get in Thurs afternoon and leave Sunday afternoon

sexyskates
04-16-2009, 08:43 PM
I'm at the super cheap Super 8, arriving Monday night and staying all week!

RachelSk8er
04-16-2009, 09:05 PM
Stormy and I are at the Staybridge Suites (I think...is that where we are? You're the travel agent, I'm the driver!), along with a bronze I AN newbie Kristin from my club (some of you know her). Woo hoo!!!:halo: We're all arriving on Tuesday. No clue where the rest of the Strongsville SC crowd is staying, I don't even think they know yet (there are 6 of us this year!! Me, 2 bronze I ladies, Walt & Victoria, and Walt is competing Centennial with a different partner).

OMG I need to remember to borrow Eric's GPS because I do not want to take my dad's again after the evil GPS voice lady in there tried to get us killed at NYI. And have I told you my right hand is STILL messed up from that splat I so gracefully took in the hallway? Not bad, but just sometimes it gets sore (prob because I'm on a computer all day at work and all night at school and it never really got a chance to rest). I was reminded of that on the way home from school tonight when "For the Longest Time" came on because it HURTS to snap my fingers on that hand. I'm not sure what I'm going to do at the Billy Joel/Elton John concert next month...if I can't fully rock out to that song, it will be tragic.

flying~camel
04-16-2009, 09:10 PM
Even though I live here, I'll be spending most of the week at the Holiday Inn Express.

Since my husband has to work next week, I didn't want to take the chance of waking him when I come home at an unGodly hour. Also, I live on the exact opposite side of town from the rink and doubt I'll be awake enough to want to drive that far every morning & night! :giveup:

Skittl1321
04-16-2009, 09:10 PM
I want one!!! Where did you get it?

It's this http://www.amazon.com/Charter-Club-Snuggle-Wrap-Sage/dp/B000VBRUT2 (though because I'm short, it's full length on me). It works great for sitting in the stands at competitions, and wandering around the house, but if I was moving, I don't think I'd walk around in it.

vesperholly
04-16-2009, 09:21 PM
My luggage will be at the Super 8 but I'll be at the rink! :)

Stormy
04-17-2009, 06:42 AM
Stormy and I are at the Staybridge Suites (I think...is that where we are? You're the travel agent, I'm the driver!), along with a bronze I AN newbie Kristin from my club (some of you know her). Woo hoo!!!:halo: We're all arriving on Tuesday. No clue where the rest of the Strongsville SC crowd is staying, I don't even think they know yet (there are 6 of us this year!! Me, 2 bronze I ladies, Walt & Victoria, and Walt is competing Centennial with a different partner).

OMG I need to remember to borrow Eric's GPS because I do not want to take my dad's again after the evil GPS voice lady in there tried to get us killed at NYI. And have I told you my right hand is STILL messed up from that splat I so gracefully took in the hallway? Not bad, but just sometimes it gets sore (prob because I'm on a computer all day at work and all night at school and it never really got a chance to rest). I was reminded of that on the way home from school tonight when "For the Longest Time" came on because it HURTS to snap my fingers on that hand. I'm not sure what I'm going to do at the Billy Joel/Elton John concert next month...if I can't fully rock out to that song, it will be tragic.

We're at the Spring Hill Suites Grand Rapids North. Yay for suites and free breakfast! And yes, please take a GPS that won't tell us to take a left on a major highway into a wall! :giveup: LOL! NO RUNNING IN CROCS!

rlichtefeld
04-17-2009, 08:03 AM
There will be two rooms of us at the Residence Inn.

Rob