View Full Version : Anyone ever have "footballer's ankle"?

looplover
02-21-2009, 08:15 AM
I suspect this is what's going on with my left ankle...after Easterns tomorrow, will no longer be using the heel lock system on my boots because that's definitely making it worse.

If you've had it, I suppose it requires off ice time, right?

I'm less worried about not skating for a while than I am about resting my ankle and still getting my very young, strong, energetic dog the walks and exericise she needs! Yikes. Appointment with orthopedist in 1 month but will see internist on Monday...8O

SkatEn
02-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Is it this: http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cybertherapist/front/ankle/footballersankle.htm ?

Oww. I hope it's something less severe though!

Best wishes!

looplover
02-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Thanks! I found out (thanks ISk8NYC) it's probably "lace bite" which I hadn't heard of but I do pull my laces and the heel lock system very tight - it's not so much a sharp pain but a weakness and an odd pins and needles/strained feeling? Weird...getting it checked out soon - I'll stop using that heel lock system after tomorrow's comp (I'm too superstitious not to use it tomorrow...since I have been...) :P

CoachPA
02-21-2009, 03:21 PM
Thanks! I found out (thanks ISk8NYC) it's probably "lace bite" which I hadn't heard of but I do pull my laces and the heel lock system very tight - it's not so much a sharp pain but a weakness and an odd pins and needles/strained feeling?

I agree that your pain, especially your complaint of "pins and needs", sounds like the classic symptoms of lace bite, which, thankfully, is pretty easy to alleviate.