View Full Version : Good luck at U.S. Adult Sectionals

Thin-Ice
02-19-2009, 01:41 AM
Good luck to everyone competing at U.S. Adult Sectionals this weekend. Have a great time, skate well, travel safely.. and don't forget to tell us all the details of your event and anything else that is interesting, funny, sweet or just amazing.

I can hardly wait to hear from everyone and see all the PCAS skaters in Las Vegas!

Thin-Ice

katz in boots
02-19-2009, 01:59 AM
Good luck All !
Look forward to hearing how y'all went

ibreakhearts66
02-19-2009, 02:22 AM
Good luck everyone! I'm sure you will all do wonderfully, and I can't wait to hear about it!

vesperholly
02-19-2009, 03:15 AM
Good luck everyone and especially at Easterns! This is the first time in three years I've had to miss Sectionals. :(

Mrs Redboots
02-19-2009, 06:56 AM
Have a fantastic time and skate great!

Black Sheep
02-19-2009, 08:59 AM
There's a winter storm warning that won't go away. Can't hardly wait to plow all the way to MI in this crap! :roll:

http://weather.yahoo.com/storm/USIL0871.html

Stormy
02-19-2009, 09:33 AM
Good luck and safe travels to everyone! I can't wait to see my friends at Easterns!!!

Terri C
02-19-2009, 09:56 AM
If you are going to take I-95/I-85, please watch your speed along the US 58 corridor. The Virginia counties in that area are known for speed traps and for some of them this is how they make extra revenue- with the proceeds from the speeding tickets.

Now for some good stuff..just got back from BJ's with one of those multi variety packs of candy bars for tossing onto the ice.

flying~camel
02-19-2009, 10:20 AM
There's a winter storm warning that won't go away. Can't hardly wait to plow all the way to MI in this crap! :roll:

http://weather.yahoo.com/storm/USIL0871.html

At least most of the snow in Michigan is staying along the lakeshore (which means those of us in Grand Rapids get to deal with it :roll:)!

Debbie S
02-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Good luck, everyone!

Mel On Ice
02-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Just remember I'm cheering on the inside, while I will be putting on my stern-but-fair judge face on. Prepare your rotten tomatoes, but remember you are throwing them at one of your own. One of your own carrying a precious child. Who wears glasses, and you wouldn't hit a gal who wears glasses.

Wow, just have fun - I'm looking forward to it all. Good luck!

Stormy
02-19-2009, 12:37 PM
If you are going to take I-95/I-85, please watch your speed along the US 58 corridor. The Virginia counties in that area are known for speed traps and for some of them this is how they make extra revenue- with the proceeds from the speeding tickets.

Now for some good stuff..just got back from BJ's with one of those multi variety packs of candy bars for tossing onto the ice.

I'll take 3 Musketeers! :) LOL. Thanks for reminding me I need to get stuffies to throw out....must make Target run tonight!

looplover
02-19-2009, 04:52 PM
I'll take 3 Musketeers! :) LOL. Thanks for reminding me I need to get stuffies to throw out....must make Target run tonight!

OK I'm really glad you guys posted this. This is my first adult comp and though I've read about it here, I did not realize I should get things to throw on the ice! :lol:

going to Target tomorrow anyway and will load up!

Terri I'm glad our event is Sunday so I can watch this on Saturday to understand what gets thrown and when :P

vesperholly
02-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Target has really cute stuffed animals in their 1-spot ($1). I bought a bunch for my pre-school learn to skate classes, I have them carry it to a basket. Although lately I've been seeing them for $2.50. :P But my friends are worth it!

flo
02-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Enjoy all!

RachelSk8er
02-20-2009, 10:46 AM
Just remember I'm cheering on the inside, while I will be putting on my stern-but-fair judge face on. Prepare your rotten tomatoes, but remember you are throwing them at one of your own. One of your own carrying a precious child. Who wears glasses, and you wouldn't hit a gal who wears glasses.

Wow, just have fun - I'm looking forward to it all. Good luck!

I don't think I'll be able to keep a straight face if you're on my panel...

Isk8NYC
02-20-2009, 12:08 PM
Now for some good stuff..just got back from BJ's with one of those multi variety packs of candy bars for tossing onto the ice.Better check before you throw anything.

I volunteered my twins to work as Sweepers on Saturday and was told that there would be nothing to pick up because Adult Sectionals was low-key, unlike Adult Nationals.

Just a word to the wise.

Debbie S
02-20-2009, 12:13 PM
I volunteered my twins to work as Sweepers on Saturday and was told that there would be nothing to pick up because Adult Sectionals was low-key, unlike Adult Nationals.LOL! Sounds like someone needs to give a "word to the wise" comp organizers. :lol: I can't imagine they would actually outlaw throwing....they probably just think no one is going to. He, he, he.....

(now, if there's a hockey net up all around the rink, that would indeed require some creativity, but I'm sure the would-be throwers are up to the task ;))

jazzpants
02-20-2009, 01:31 PM
(now, if there's a hockey net up all around the rink, that would indeed require some creativity, but I'm sure the would-be throwers are up to the task ;))Where there's a will... there's a beneficiary!!! ;) I think the only thing that's you probably can't throw are the vodka nips...but only b/c the bottles are glass. That is either rolled, put in unsuspecting skater's water bottle or "creatively delivered" during the event. :twisted: :lol:

sk8er1964
02-20-2009, 02:06 PM
Where there's a will... there's a beneficiary!!! ;) I think the only thing that's you probably can't throw are the vodka nips...but only b/c the bottles are glass. That is either rolled, put in unsuspecting skater's water bottle or "creatively delivered" during the event. :twisted: :lol:

Bubble wrap!

Isk8NYC
02-20-2009, 02:47 PM
LOL! Sounds like someone needs to give a "word to the wise" comp organizers. :lol: I can't imagine they would actually outlaw throwing....they probably just think no one is going to. He, he, he.....

(now, if there's a hockey net up all around the rink, that would indeed require some creativity, but I'm sure the would-be throwers are up to the task ;))
There is a hockey net above the glass around most of the rink, almost all the way to the two-story ceiling. I was looking at it from the upstairs window while I worked out last night and thinking "How could they throw anything unless the nets are raised/lowered?"

I'll bring clothes and skates for my kiddies, just in case there's a change of plans. You can have matching sweepers until 3pm or so, if the Club says okay.

I don't think the Club's planning on it, though, so you might be on your own if they say no. (I hated bending over to pick things up from the ice while wearing a skirt, lol.)

rsk8d
02-20-2009, 05:42 PM
Good luck all championship masters ladies! Miss you all and hope to be there next year. No more babies!- Lauren

Go Lisa! Hope you qualify.

SkaterBird
02-20-2009, 09:05 PM
Good luck, twice good luck, thrice good luck to everyone at every adult sectionals but especially to those friends I was blessed enough to make at the 2008 adult mids last year. I hope you all skate well and are pleased with your performances. I'm sorry I won't get to see then :cry: - but I may just break down and buy the videos! Special warm wishes to Marie Sherry, Cindy Crouse, Chris Williams, Larry Scibilia and Lauren Yahiro, Bill Papineau, Valerie Knoelk, Courtney Schafer,Maureen Linhardt, Melissa Garland and all the other fantastic skaters I had the great privilege of meeting just a little over 11 months ago. You'll all be marvelous out there :bow:!

Love and warm wishes from Mimi Razim-FitzSimons and her daughter Laura, who accompanied me last year and who also made too many friends to count! To "Dr. Larry", my Laura, who may be your biggest miniature fan, sends you a "thumb war" especially, for extra good luck :D!

Mel On Ice
02-22-2009, 06:26 AM
I don't think I'll be able to keep a straight face if you're on my panel...

you didn't keep a straight face but are well skilled at the art of seducing a panel

SkaterBird
02-22-2009, 05:35 PM
Are the Mids results going to be posted anywhere?

Skittl1321
02-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Are the Mids results going to be posted anywhere?

Ice network has some results

sk8er1964
02-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Championship events are up on Ice network. Non-qual events will probably be up in the next few days on sk8stuff.com.

Stormy
02-23-2009, 08:32 AM
Non-qual results are up on sk8stuff for Mids and the Central Carolina FSC page for Easterns.

dbny
02-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Non-qual results are up on sk8stuff for Mids and the Central Carolina FSC page for Easterns.

Can't find either. Could you please post the links?

Stormy
02-23-2009, 01:03 PM
Mids- http://www.sk8stuffmore.com/comps/09/r09adumids.pdf

Easterns- http://www.centralcarolinasc.com/ResultSheets.aspx?EventID=58

Stormy
02-23-2009, 08:22 PM
I don't know if I am just missing it somewhere, but what are the Champ Masters Jr/Sr results for PCAS?

daisies
02-23-2009, 09:25 PM
I don't know if I am just missing it somewhere, but what are the Champ Masters Jr/Sr results for PCAS?

I know for sure the top 2:

1. Natalie Shaby
2. Sara Robertson

I believe Stephanie Ewing was third. I'm sorry, but I can't remember how the other two placed.

(You're not missing it somewhere ... IceNetwork posted the Int/Nov group twice instead of Jr/Sr. Not sure if that was their mistake or if that's what was sent to them.)

RachelSk8er
02-24-2009, 07:40 AM
Props to everyone who competed at sectionals!

I had a blast at mids, and even skated pretty well. Solo blues and tango were not my best (although that was the first time I've put a blues solo out, haven't even tested yet), interp was pretty good, and had my best--although still not perfect--performance of my silver free yet. Looking forward to working my butt off these next 8 weeks and seeing everyone again at Nationals!

Seriously, the results are not indicative of the number of real champions we have in this sport...skaters who are competing while pregnant, within months of having a baby, or who have had entire body parts reconstructed, are skating just days after undergoing chemo, or whatever other number of ailments that would put most professional athletes on an injured reserve list.

Mel On Ice
02-24-2009, 11:04 AM
bravo Rachel for saying this. From my perch this weekend, truer words have never been spoken. I've judged a lot of competitions in my time, and becasue of my condition, this is the first all-adult event where my role was to judge instead of skate, and I've never been prouder of my "tribe." The Gold Ladies taking a bow together. The support and compassion for one another on and off the ice. The creativity in choosing music and choreography. The sheer guts to get out there. The active group who after a long day stuck it out for the adult committee meeting to make our sport more effective. Even those who were disappointed in their results dusted themselves off and said, "well, what can I do to make myself better?"

It was my job to assign skaters to ordinals, but everyone skated like champions.

RachelSk8er
02-24-2009, 06:10 PM
bravo Rachel for saying this. From my perch this weekend, truer words have never been spoken. I've judged a lot of competitions in my time, and becasue of my condition, this is the first all-adult event where my role was to judge instead of skate, and I've never been prouder of my "tribe." The Gold Ladies taking a bow together. The support and compassion for one another on and off the ice. The creativity in choosing music and choreography. The sheer guts to get out there. The active group who after a long day stuck it out for the adult committee meeting to make our sport more effective. Even those who were disappointed in their results dusted themselves off and said, "well, what can I do to make myself better?"

It was my job to assign skaters to ordinals, but everyone skated like champions.

Not to mention we had ONE HOT JUDGE up there looki'n fly in that bright pink jacket!!! And I got to meet you're hubby and he's so funny. The baby is so lucky to have such awesome parents!!!