View Full Version : POLL Easterns Dinner - Sat Night 2/21/2009

Isk8NYC
02-17-2009, 08:21 AM
EASTERNS MEETUP DINNER

Saturday, Feb 17, 2009 - 7:45pm

Bennett Pointe Grille
www.bpgrille.com (http://www.bpgrille.com)

Non-smoking section available, but we need to make a reservation.

Please RSVP on the poll above this post.

Directions from the Triangle Sportsplex:
Turn right on Route 70 Business East
Route 70 Business will merge with Route 70 East
Stay on Route 70 East - it becomes Hillsborough Road
The restaurant is on the right in a shopping strip, next to the Food Lion

It's really easy to get to - pretty much a straight shot, ten minutes away.

Terri C
02-17-2009, 08:49 AM
Any news on a Sat night dinner? I'd love to attend, even though I'm not competing. I think I'm on "runner duty" so don't yell at the messenger! lol

I haven't heard of anything as of late. I'm willing to get dinner with whoever, but need to be in early, since my events are the next day.

looplover
02-17-2009, 09:29 AM
I'd totally be up for dinner as well. I'm ice monitor for one of the practice sessions on Saturday afternoon, then event on Sunday (Terri I'm loving the time for that).

As far as program goes, we will see! All I know is, my stick on bra no longer sticks.

Isk8NYC
02-17-2009, 09:40 AM
All I know is, my stick on bra no longer sticks.ROFLOL! ONLY ON THIS BOARD!!! I don't think we can go a month without an underwear discussion, lol.
*Cue the men to discuss dance belts again! ;)

The Saturday competition is supposed to end by 7pm, but I'm sure there will be cleanup duty for us lowly volunteers.

Is 7:45pm too late for a dinner meetup for you Sunday AM skaters?

I'm not sure what's open in Hillsborough at that time, but there are a bunch of restaurants in Durham about 20 mins away. Mostly chain restaurants, though.

Chapel Hill is mobbed on Sat nights with students from UNC and Duke, so I'm not sure if there's any good place with parking.

Restaurant suggestions are welcome, Carolina People! (We tend to eat at places that accept ten year olds, lol)

I can bring my van and ditch my kids early, if people need rides to/from the rink or a single hotel.

Stormy
02-17-2009, 10:37 AM
I'm up for dinner as well! Safe travels to everyone heading down there. I'm getting in around 2 PM on Friday and doing 2 practice ices that evening. I'm actually really glad Champ Gold gets over so early, so there's less time to think about it. :giveup:

Terri C
02-17-2009, 01:13 PM
What do people think of this place?
Bennett Point Grill
www.bpgrill.com

Isk8NYC
02-17-2009, 01:41 PM
I've never eaten there, so I don't know if the food and service are good or bad. It's convenient, only about 10 minutes away.

I can't picture exactly where it is, but I'm heading out to the rink, so I'll drive by this afternoon.

I called them and they said their non-smoking section can hold up to 30 people, but we need to make a reservation in advance. The non-smoking section is separate from the smoking area; separated by a full wall, she promises.

They have a private party scheduled for Saturday night, so we really should give them a solid reservation headcount to make sure they have the staff and food on hand.

How many people are interested in dinner at 7:45pm this Saturday night at the Bennett Pointe Grille in Durham, NC?

Terri C
02-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Here's one!

looplover
02-17-2009, 02:45 PM
I'm in! I don't know that place at all, sounds good!

skaternum
02-17-2009, 04:24 PM
There's no "Maybe" category. :cry: Until some personal stuff shakes out, I can't commit.

ETA: Bennett Pointe Grill has gotten excellent reviews on triangle.citysearch.com as well as the triangle.dining group. Sounds like a good choice, Terri!

skatingatty
02-17-2009, 09:58 PM
Sounds like a nice restaurant! I'll be there. If anyone needs a ride from the rink/hotel, just let me know. See you all Sat. and good luck to everyone! BTW, where would I buy vodka nips? Would the grocery store sell them? :)

skaternum
02-18-2009, 08:14 AM
Sounds like a nice restaurant! I'll be there. If anyone needs a ride from the rink/hotel, just let me know. See you all Sat. and good luck to everyone! BTW, where would I buy vodka nips? Would the grocery store sell them? :)
Silly girl. You have to drive to Alabama to get them. :lol: If you don't have time, just hit the ABC store.

skatingatty
02-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Ok, I found an ABC near my work and got a pack of Absolut, raspberry flavored. I've never had it before, but it sounds good. I won't risk throwing them on the ice, but will have some handy to give to some lucky competitors.

Isk8NYC
02-20-2009, 07:08 AM
I asked if they needed sweepers and was told that there wouldn't be anything to pick up. So now we have three runners, lol.