View Full Version : I'm new here :D Do you think my dress is pretty?

stepherroo444
02-15-2009, 05:46 PM
I got my first skating dress yesterday for my competition that was today! (I got 2nd place) I'll put a link and you can tell me what you think!
:D

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r298/stepherroo444/dress.jpg

I'm on the bigger side for a figure skater so it probably looks really big to you! Don't be mean please :D :P

The glitter is actually in a really nice pattern

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r298/stepherroo444/Fabric003.jpg

I got like 20 or more compliments on it at the competition today and wanted to know what you thought? My coach's mom made it:)8-)

Sessy
02-15-2009, 05:55 PM
I think it's a very pretty dress, although I do feel the skirt looks a little plastic which is really too bad because otherwise it's a very pretty dress. The top is terrific though! Of course from the judge/audience distance you can't see the pattern, but the glitter overall is splendid. I've got a similar material for my skating dress: http://www.geocities.com/sessy_liz/sewing/dress.html (the roundish lines aren't really obvious on the photo but my dress, too, has swirls)

SkaterBird
02-15-2009, 06:09 PM
It's a lovely dress - I love the skirt length! I am sure that it was just beautiful on you! :D Congratulations on your 2d place finish!

stepherroo444
02-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Thanks! The skirt is black with sheer teal over top, it is really flowy, it maybe looks plastic because of how shiny the sheer is

dbny
02-15-2009, 08:36 PM
WOW! I think it's gorgeous. I love that particular color of blue, and I think it must really look good on the ice. A great change from black, but still a contrast.

Mrs Redboots
02-16-2009, 09:15 AM
What a lovely dress! <Covets it madly, canIhaveonelikethat, canIhavethatone, canIhaveit, canI, canI?>

dbny
02-16-2009, 10:26 AM
I'm on the bigger side for a figure skater so it probably looks really big to you! Don't be mean please :D :P

Forgot to say before that lots of us here are "on the bigger side" and no one here is mean.

quarkiki2
02-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Nice dress!

And I'm a full-figured skater -- we're not gonna be mean, I promise!

flo
02-16-2009, 10:52 AM
Pretty! And I love the pink walls!!

stepherroo444
02-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Thanks everyone! You guys are so nice :D I've never been on here so I didn't know how anyone was:P

Mrs Redboots
02-17-2009, 08:13 AM
Thanks everyone! You guys are so nice :D I've never been on here so I didn't know how anyone was:P
We range from elderly, fat and slow to young, skinny and amazing! With all graduations in between. Ages range from teens to 60s.... skill levels from learn-to-skate right up to - well, I don't know what the highest "regular track" skating level is, but there are certainly some Adult Masters around!

CoachPA
02-17-2009, 09:04 AM
We range from elderly, fat and slow to young, skinny and amazing! With all graduations in between. Ages range from teens to 60s.... skill levels from learn-to-skate right up to - well, I don't know what the highest "regular track" skating level is, but there are certainly some Adult Masters around!

In the U.S. the highest standard test track is senior for freestyle and moves in the field, and Gold for dances.

Thin-Ice
02-17-2009, 09:17 AM
I believe Mrs. Redboots was referring to the highest level skaters we have on this board....

.. which begs the question: how many Senior FS or Gold or even International level dancers do we have here on SF?

CoachPA
02-17-2009, 09:21 AM
I believe Mrs. Redboots was referring to the highest level skaters we have on this board....

.. which begs the question: how many Senior FS or Gold or even International level dancers do we have here on SF?

Me! I have my senior moves in the field and I'm working on testing the last four of my gold dances. Unforunately, the availability of a gold panel of judges is hard to get in at times, so I've been testing my dances sporadically.