View Full Version : Roll call: 2009 Miami Open

LilJen
02-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Anyone else going? I'm doing solo dance (3), FS (level 2, barely), and footwork, plus a synchro dance & a formation number with my teammaters. I know a couple of folks on an e-mail list who are going--anyone else?

CoachPA
02-16-2009, 08:45 AM
Anyone else going? I'm doing solo dance (3), FS (level 2, barely), and footwork, plus a synchro dance & a formation number with my teammaters. I know a couple of folks on an e-mail list who are going--anyone else?

I was there coaching, of course! :D

I had two skaters in Solo Dance 3; a skater in FS 1 (compulsory and music); a skater in FS 3 (compulsory and music); a skater Character Spotlight FS 3; another in Light Entertainment Spotlight FS 1; and another in Interpretative FS 3.

If I remember correctly, my girls ended up bringing home:
- 3 gold medals (Dance, FS1 music, Character Spotlight FS 3)
- 3 silver medals (Light Entertainment Spotlight FS 1, FS 3 music, Dance)
- 2 bronze (FS 3 compulsory, FS 1 compulsory)
- 1 fourth place (Interpretative)

I'm really beat, but this weekend was so awesome! I hadn't been back to Miami U in about twelve years (when I competed there--USFSA), and I was amazed at all the changes they've done to the rink and campus.

RachelSk8er
02-16-2009, 09:42 AM
I'm really beat, but this weekend was so awesome! I hadn't been back to Miami U in about twelve years (when I competed there--USFSA), and I was amazed at all the changes they've done to the rink and campus.

I practically lived in the old Goggin as a student, graduated in 2003, and haven't been down to see the new rink (or the new psych building, new housing, or any of the other things they have done in the past 5 yrs). They were still building all that stuff last time I was down there.

LilJen
02-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Oh, I'm dead, too. I forget how tiring these things are! Got two golds and a silver (silver for my wobbly FW program--can't seem to just keep my upper body STILL!). Our small rink garnered a 3rd in team points, which is pretty impressive. Our adult formation team came in second to the slower but *vastly* neater Kettering, and our synchro dance team got first for our tango number, amazing considering half of the darned thing didn't exist about 3 weeks ago!

We had a few adults from our club competing in individual events for the first time (alpha and beta), which I think was super and I hope more adults give it a try!