View Full Version : New Years Invitational- any news??

Terri C
02-08-2009, 07:27 PM
So who went to Ashburn this weekend and who has stories, results, etc?? Do tell!

skaternum
02-09-2009, 09:04 AM
I'm glad you posted, Terri. I'd totally forgot about it! How did everyone skate??

mr7740
02-10-2009, 02:25 PM
I am curious too! I wish I had been able to go to the competition. Are there results posted anywhere? I couldn't find anything.

MusicSkateFan
02-10-2009, 06:32 PM
IMHO very low turnout. I did not compete because of a work event. I was able to get over to the rink and watch basically the last three events on Saturday. Some of the event results were posted in hand-written pencil (I dont know why...tech difficulty?)so I highly doubt they will be posted anywhere on line.

coskater64
02-10-2009, 09:42 PM
I went to the event and my events were all very full. There were 6 gold ladies 7 masters ladies and 8 masters ladies in the interp. 9 in gold dance!! It seemed more crowded than 07 which was the last time I went.

The printer was down for the first few events but I imagine they will have them posted eventually.

It was a very fun time, I highly suggest this comp!!

RachelSk8er
02-11-2009, 06:56 AM
I cant speak for previous turnout but I didnt think it was too bad. Much bigger than some of the other all-adult comps I've done (i.e. Buckeye). It was nice to see a good turnout in gold and masters--typically there are more bronzes and only a few at the upper levels.

Just wish my solo dance event hadn't ben cancelled :(

I skated ok in my events. Freeskate could have been much better, it was an improvement in some regard over the previous 3 times I competed it and actually felt MUCH better than the last competition I did in December (different things seem to go wrong every time...go figure), but the nerves seem to be getting easier to handle. Continued my "lifetime streak" of being undefeated in compulsory (did it in 2 comps as a kid before I quit freestyle and 3 comps now as an adult and won every time...lol).

I was actually pleased with how I skated my new artistic program that my coach and I just finished last week (despite turning in the wrong cut of my music--luckily it was still the correct length, just the last 20 sec or so of the music are different but it didn't throw me off). That's the 4th time I've done interp and I think the best skate (despite the 4th place finish...but you can't be upset about placement in interp). The program has room for improvement but overall not bad.

It was a really good time seeing everyone. I'll def do this one again if my school schedule/$$ allow.

jenlyon60
02-11-2009, 09:12 AM
At the beginning of the day, the accountants had a problem with getting their computer and the printer they were using to interface correctly. At some point during the morning, they got the problem resolved. In the meantime, they hand-wrote results, so that results could be posted in a timely manner.

IMHO very low turnout. I did not compete because of a work event. I was able to get over to the rink and watch basically the last three events on Saturday. Some of the event results were posted in hand-written pencil (I dont know why...tech difficulty?)so I highly doubt they will be posted anywhere on line.

pairman2
02-11-2009, 05:06 PM
I can't seem to find the results anywhere. Does anyone know of an active link?