View Full Version : AN program question

Terri C
02-07-2009, 07:33 AM
The program information is due this upcoming week and I have a question.
What kind of pictures do people submit for the program? I can't locate any good current photos of myself, so I need any and all suggestions! TIA!

flying~camel
02-07-2009, 08:35 AM
Most people have sent in photos of themselves on the ice and there are some that send in headshots or just silly photos of themselves.

FREESK8ER
02-07-2009, 08:41 AM
I used a kindergarten class photo one year.

doubletoe
02-07-2009, 11:45 AM
This year they are specifically asking for a closeup (like passport photo or headshot) and I never take pictures like that, so I didn't bother sending one in. :roll:

flying~camel
02-07-2009, 12:08 PM
This year they are specifically asking for a closeup (like passport photo or headshot) and I never take pictures like that, so I didn't bother sending one in. :roll:

It doesn't have to be a close up. :)

Clarice
02-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Oh, gosh - I'm glad you mentioned this, as that deadline wasn't on my radar. I used a headshot my daughter took of me standing by the boards at the rink last time I went, and I'll probably just resubmit it. I still look like that...

doubletoe
02-07-2009, 04:23 PM
It doesn't have to be a close up. :)

Oh, wow, you're right! Just checked the announcement again. I guess it was our Sectionals photos that had that specific requirement. I guess I'll send a skating action shot in, then!

jazzpants
02-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the reminder, Terri. Wasn't even on my radar either. I'll send it Monday... :)

flo
02-07-2009, 05:57 PM
One year my partner and I had no photos - we started skating in January of that year, and were several states apart. So he sent me a photo, and I put his head on a former partner's body.

flying~camel
02-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Here are the deadlines:

2/1 - Program ads
2/15 - Program info & pre-order
2/15 - Adult skating patron sponsorship
3/15 - Volunteering
3/15 - Social dance

We will still accept the program ads, program info & adult skating patron sponsorship forms through 3/15.

Terri C
02-07-2009, 09:17 PM
I found a picture of myself on a Kodak Picture CD disc and sent that in. One more thing on the AN Checklist accomplished!

flying~camel
02-07-2009, 09:18 PM
I found a picture of myself on a Kodak Picture CD disc and sent that in. One more thing on the AN Checklist accomplished!

It was received! :)

flutzilla1
02-08-2009, 10:02 AM
I had my husband do a animation-version of me for the program, although he said it looked nothing like me I preferred it to all my photos I was thinking of using. :)

patatty
02-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Thanks for this thread. This is my first AN and I had no idea that we were supposed to send in information for the program. I have a head shot for work, which is very lawyerly looking, but I may have to use that if I can't find anything sportier.

Terri C
02-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Thanks for this thread. This is my first AN and I had no idea that we were supposed to send in information for the program. I have a head shot for work, which is very lawyerly looking, but I may have to use that if I can't find anything sportier.

Hey there! It's my first AN as well and since I had no idea what people did I figured I'd start the thread. It also apparently served as a good reminder for everyone else as well.

skaternum
02-08-2009, 05:04 PM

Some do send some pics in; some don't. If you manage to get one in, consider it a bonus! :)

rlichtefeld
02-09-2009, 09:59 AM
One year my partner and I had no photos - we started skating in January of that year, and were several states apart. So he sent me a photo, and I put his head on a former partner's body.

You sure did.

I was the partner, and the face!

Rob

flo
02-09-2009, 06:36 PM
And Marty never missed his body!