View Full Version : What Colour Tights?

katz in boots
02-03-2009, 02:15 AM
Time to look at ordering more tights before the next competition & testing event. I'm a plus size lady who can't usually get skating tights to fit, so I buy Danskin Ultra Soft tights in Light Toast and convert them to OTB. They aren't really dark enough (did try Toast, but they were an awful, reddish colour) or thick enough to cover the protruberances of Proflexes.

I am thinking I might try Capezio OTB X-Large, I might just be able to squeeze into those but need to know which colour works best for skating. They have a Suntan & Light Suntan. which is best for caucasian ladies? It is so hard to tell from the online charts which colour is closest to skating tight colour.

Also thinking of trying the Capezio Hold & Stretch as conversions to OTB instead of the Danskins. Has anyone tried these? If so, do you know if they are any thicker than the Danskin Ultra Softs?

Hoping someone here can help me with this.

queen ale
02-03-2009, 05:30 AM
I'm sorry! I don't do competitive ice-skating... but I can try to help you... ;)

Well... I don't understand your dress' colour... I think you might chose the socks' colour to link to (show up) your dress, not only your complexion... my friend that has an olive skins chose a light colour because her dress is pink!

So...if you have got a black or a brown dress I think you can chose the suntan... if you have a grey or a blue dress, you might chose the light suntan...because suntan is so "earthly". :)

Ok, this is only my opinion... ;)

blue111moon
02-03-2009, 08:58 AM
Just my experience as a larger-than-the-average-skater female: I found Capezio's entire line to run VERY small. I can't sqeeze into the largest of their sizes. A couple of the kids at the rink who normally wear Mediums or Danskin B sizes found they have to wear Large or extra-Large in Capezio.

Have you tried Mondor's? I found their colors to be somewhat less orange.

Personally, I use Danskin's Microfiber Skating tights myself but that's mostly because it's what I can get easily in my area.

dbny
02-03-2009, 11:42 AM
ITA about Capezios. Rivers Edge Dancewear has Body Wrappers OTB skating tights (http://www.riversedgedancewear.com/ovbosktia1.html) in XL in a color they call "jazzy tan". They're on sale now for about $13. There is a link to the size chart on the page for the tights.