View Full Version : What nick-name do you give yourself as a skater....and why?

FSWer
02-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Say...I don't think we've ever had this topic before,and I just thougt it might be interesting to ask all you skaters.. (if you give yourself one that is)..what nick-name you all give yourselves as a skater? For ex..Do you call yourself just an On Ice Skater ( as we are all called),Ice Princess,etc. and why do you call yourself it? For me I just call myself an On Ice Skater. As it makes me feel more part of our chat Group. Because I also know everyone here IS just that.....an On Ice Skater. Ok fellow Skaters...GO!!!!!!

Rusty Blades
02-01-2009, 06:28 PM
Mainly I call myself KLUTZ! (The reason is obvious!)

Other than that, adult competitive skater. (See if you can figure out the reason on your own ;) )

ibreakhearts66
02-01-2009, 09:36 PM
I'd definitely have to call myself a rink rat. During the summer and on other, random days, I'll be at the rink for hours and hours and hours on end. I'll skate the 9:30 to 11:30 public, then just hang out for 2 hours, waiting for the 1:30-6pm session. I've been doing this since I was about 13. There's a little shopping center ("the plaza") where we'll go get food (tacos, burgers, or italian). Then we head back to the rink and just eat and hang out. A big screen TV was recently put in, which makes it much easier for the younger skaters to hang out for those 2 hours. If there are no other skaters to hang out with, I'll read a book, go on the computer, fall asleep, whatever!

So yeah, I'd have to go with rink rat.

sk8joyful
02-13-2009, 01:25 AM
Say...what nick-name you all give yourselves as a skater?

When I can't quite make myself skate, what I attempt...
(and I attempt lots of skills :D I'm not yet really ready for;
I tell myself that I am a "cute" ;) Skater and sometimes I say it out loud, and
usually one of my Skating-friends says "Yes, you are! Annie, go girl!"

it's all good; and we have so much FUN :D together!

Mel On Ice
02-13-2009, 07:54 PM
the nickname "Prom Queen" was bestowed upon me a couple years ago for reasons better explained by the ones bestowing me the honor. I do try to be friends with everyone and bring everyone up to a happy place in their skating. I lack killer instinct, I don't find it particularly flattering on me.

flying~camel's nickname from me is "my B". She knows why. Definitely a term of endearment.

Tessbot
02-17-2009, 04:43 AM
"Demon" because I skate really fast, make some sharp turns and skate erratically. I blame the music for that. It's mostly metal and stuff with lots of beats.