View Full Version : Blades for Risport 280

sphagnum
01-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Hello all. I need your help.

Do any of you have Risport boots, size 280 mm? What's the blades size on it? And what's the interval between the end of heel plate of blade and the end of boot sole? I have to order new boots and blades from other city. There are many charts with 'boot size - blade size' recommendations, but there's no clearness. 10 1/2, 10 2/3 or 10 3/4? I want to select proper size of blades, but not longer than sole length.

P.S. Sorry for my English :).

Tiggerwoos
01-25-2009, 07:46 AM
I used to have a pair of Risports in a 275 and had 10 3/4 in blades which were possibly a fraction too big, so I would have thought that 10 3/4 and no less would be fine.

Virtualsk8r
01-25-2009, 08:07 AM
Boots are still a 'man-made' product, even if the majority of work is done on machines, and as such are prone to small size differences in the sole....even between pairs!

A number of times I have ordered identical new replacement boots - and when they arrived the blade size was different. Didn't matter if the new boots were Harlick, Riedell or Risport -- I've had that issue with all of them. So now I have learned to specify a sole length and heel height for replacement boots -- ie must fit a 10" blade and heel must be X inches. BTW heel height is something most people don't think about when ordering new boots, because you figure that the manufacturer has a standard....think again! Last time I had to pay a specialization fee to get the sole and heel height to match the first pair of stock boots the company sold me..Go figure.

sphagnum
02-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Tiggerwoos, Virtualsk8r, thanks!
It turns out that the best way for me is to buy boots, measure sole, and then order blades -).