View Full Version : Well THAT was easy m

momof3chicks
01-16-2009, 01:07 PM
I don't know if you remember me posting wondering about a second coach for my dd (8)- she is almost there on the axel and working on Pre Juv MIF and has started exercises for doubles. She has almost mastered her Bielmann spin too.

You all advised me to approach her primary coach and I did. She was quite open to the idea and gave me two different coaches she works with well. I chose one that I had seen be very picky with the kids on body position and such- my dd needs that and I think she is ready now. I think I once posted about her chicken wings!!

Well she had her 2nd lesson with the new coach today and I am pleased so far. The coach is taking her back to basics a little, and she is responding very well. And her original coach is still moving her forward with other jumps and spins so she doesn't seem to mind. She even said to me one day that Coach S might be watching so she was making sure (even when it wasn't her lesson) that her body was still etc. :lol:

Thanks for the advice, so far so good.

Tennisany1
01-16-2009, 04:26 PM
I'm glad it is working well so far. I think it is a real benefit for a skater to have two coaches, especially if one is more focussed on the little details (body positions, stroking, edges etc) and one is more big picture and keep the push going for jumps and spins. It keeps things interesting for the skater and IMHO helps them be more well rounded.