View Full Version : What type of skater would you love to get asked about becoming,and why?

FSWer
01-14-2009, 05:11 PM
Ok people. I didn't specify it in my heading as it won't fit. But what type of skater would you love to get asked about becoming and why? This is all All hyphophedical. I voted for Synchronized Skater and Pairs Skater. As I would really enjoy doing the moves,lifts and all. I'd also surely feel the fun in it. Ok people....GO!!!!

jskater49
01-14-2009, 06:46 PM
This is my fantasy...

A good looking single straight man my age walks into the rink...sees me skating a solo dance - takes my hand and dances it with me. He's independently wealthy so he offers to cover all my ice time and coaching.

We live happily ever after.

j

sk8ergalgal
01-14-2009, 09:21 PM
I would love to become an ice dancer! Since I was a young age I grew up watching Shae-Lynn Bourne and Victor Kraatz. It was then watching them do their famous river dance freedance that I fell in love with ice dance. I passed my skate canada gold dance test at the age of 12. I would just die if I could find a partner to dance with. :)

SkaterBird
01-14-2009, 10:44 PM
This is my fantasy...

A good looking single straight man my age walks into the rink...sees me skating a solo dance - takes my hand and dances it with me. He's independently wealthy so he offers to cover all my ice time and coaching.

j

I'm actually married to that guy, sort of :D. We're not exactly wealthy and neither of us ice dances yet, but he has begun learning to skate in figure skates (understand, this is a retired Navy flyboy in figure skates :twisted:) and we plan to take ice dancing lessons together when we can get our schedule straight. Oh, and he does indeed pay for my ice time and lessons. I consider myself a very lucky gal.

icedancer2
01-14-2009, 10:59 PM
This is my fantasy...

j

I don't care about the single or straight part, but this is basically my fantasy as well. I like the fact that he is independently wealthy - that had never occured to me!

I would also like to think that someone would like me to coach. That may be on my agenda someday...

jazzpants
01-15-2009, 12:14 AM
This is my fantasy...

jWeeeellll, since I'm already married, I'll have to settle for either of us having our stocks to be worth tons of millions. He (or I) sells our stocks. Both of us retire and are set for life. We have a bi-coastal life where he and I buy a condo in Manhattan near the Chelsea Piers rink. I spend half time in San Francisco training with my 3 coaches and personal trainer here and half time training with my NYC coach and training with Jose, Tim, Joe or Jay at this gym (http://www.peakperformancenyc.com)!!! And of course, if we wish, we can fly out outside the country once in a blue moon. I know hubby would LOVE to go back to Japan and Hong Kong again. I would too. But I've always wanted to go to London, England and Paris, France too.

I don't need to coach... and FSWer... some of us really want to stay in singles FS. And if you look at my sig... you'll see my current "dream" goal. :)

black
01-15-2009, 02:42 PM
watching Shae-Lynn Bourne and Victor Kraatz

When I first started watching skating on YouTube I stumbled on their 2003 Worlds free dance and I was like, "Wow thats really something, I want to do that".

Not just a dream either, I have subsequently learnt inside/outside edged hydroblading - just need somebody to dance with now...

herniated
01-15-2009, 05:33 PM
When I first started watching skating on YouTube I stumbled on their 2003 Worlds free dance and I was like, "Wow thats really something, I want to do that".

Not just a dream either, I have subsequently learnt inside/outside edged hydroblading - just need somebody to dance with now...

If I lived in England I'd skate with you.

kander
01-16-2009, 01:53 AM
This is my fantasy...

j

Here I am! :lol: Well, I'm straight and single and can easily afford skating.

jazzpants
01-16-2009, 08:56 AM
Here I am! :lol: Well, I'm straight and single and can easily afford skating.
Dude, you're NOT "independent wealthy," last I've checked... :roll:

I'm actually married to that guy, sort of :D. We're not exactly wealthy and neither of us ice dances yet, but he has begun learning to skate in figure skates (understand, this is a retired Navy flyboy in figure skates :twisted:) and we plan to take ice dancing lessons together when we can get our schedule straight. Oh, and he does indeed pay for my ice time and lessons. I consider myself a very lucky gal.Does he have a much younger brother??? :twisted: