View Full Version : 2009 Worlds Hospitality e-mail

skaternum
01-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Anybody gotten this? Is it legit? I have never expressed interest in volunteering for 2009 Worlds, but I've gotten this e-mail twice already. It states my name was given to them as a possible volunteer. If anyone can confirm it's legit, I'll reply and let them know they're mistaken. Otherwise, I assume it's spam.

Debbie S
01-05-2009, 02:05 PM
You're a club officer, right? Or at least recently one? Did you mention somewhere that you chaired your club's comp once? They may be working off a list of those already involved with clubs and/or comps at the local level to drum up more volunteers.

doubletoe
01-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Who is it from? Was there a name? If so, I can check for you and confirm whether it is a Worlds volunteer committee member.

skaternum
01-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Yes, I co-chaired my club's comp, so that's a good guess.

Here's the text of the e-mail:

January 5, 2009
Hello, my name is Cris Pozanac and along with Audrey von Zabern, we are the chairs of the Hospitality Venues at Staples Arena. Let me start by thanking you on behalf of both Audrey and myself for volunteering to be a part of 2009 Worlds. Your name was provide to us by the Director of Volunteers, Todd Ahlberg. And, although we know that our committee was your primary choice, we wanted to let you know that we intend to not only be the friendly, welcoming and helpful face of this competition but also to have the most fun! So, in case you would like to join the fun .. here's some information:

Hospitality at Staples involves several venues:
The Royal Room - Volunteer Lounge/Check-In
Fox Sports - Media Lounge
The Family Room - Lounge for the skaters, their family, the coaches and other officials
San Manuel Room (the Arena Club) - VIP and Suite Ticket Holders
Platinum Lounge - ISU Sponsors
Lexus Lounge - ISU Officials
Judges Ready Room
Skaters Locker Rooms
Our primary function will be to check credentials for entry into these various venues, but we are also there to make sure that while our guests feel welcome and comfortable, the area is functioning and maintained. All Food and Service is being provided by Levi Restaurants, which is an internal contractor at Staples. None of you will be asked to bring or provide food for the event. All food service menu's will be set prior to the competition. You may be asked to monitor the food consumption, but our main job inside the rooms will be to keep each room neat and inviting.

Please note, that our shifts in Hospitality cover a 3 part day: 6am to Noon, Noon to 6pm and 6pm to Midnight. Some of the venues noted above will not require staffing all 3 shifts on all days of the competition, while others will be covered all hours. Additionally, the LOC will provide only drinks and light snacks for our volunteers, we will not be providing any meal service to the volunteers. Meals will be available for purchase in the main concourse at the Staples Center and we may be able to sell meal tickets for the Fox Sports Lounge. Please come prepared if you have special dietary requirements.

One final note, the LOC is requiring us to have a dress code. The exact details are not available yet. Please be prepared to wear either dark blue or black slacks during your service hours. No jeans please!

If you would like to be part of this committee, please confirm back to Audrey and myself that you are comfortable with what we have briefly outlined above, and advise us any shift preference you may require. Audrey or I will be contacting you shortly to discuss further details.

Thanks
Cris and Audrey

w.w.west
01-05-2009, 09:36 PM
I can confirm that Todd Ahlberg is the Director of Volunteers. I received a letter directly from him, but I did volunteer for Worlds

skaternum
01-06-2009, 08:17 AM
Okay, thanks for the info. I'll let them know that I'm not actually volunteering for Worlds.

doubletoe
01-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Yes, Chris Pozanac and Audrey von Zabern are in charge of volunteers for the Staples Lounge, so that e-mail is legit.