View Full Version : Skate Spinner

miraclegro
01-05-2009, 07:28 AM
Hey all,

I purchased and received one of the square spinners, and will have to send it back. Seems not to spin well, almost grinding at times.

Question is: Do most people use that kind anyway, or have a lot of people had success with the insole-looking one? My coach didn't recommend the insole looking one, but i was wondering...my main goal is to use it for back camel and backspin.

Thanks for any help!

jazzpants
01-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Yeah, I trash mine after a couple of times and one near disaster in the living room. Dang hubby insists that we have a SOFA and a TV in the living!!! :twisted: :lol: (Seriously, I have no room anywhere for this spinner and in the end, it's not the same for me as being on the FO edge of the spin anyway.

phoenix
01-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Personally, I prefer the plastic ('insole') one to the larger square metal one. Here's why---for me, the plastic one mimics the actual feel & technique that happens on the ice. It can travel if your weight shifts, and it matters whether you're on the ball of your foot while you're spinning because it's rockered on the bottom.

The metal one can't travel, so you are working with a fixed axis of rotation. If you get off that axis, it spits you out. The plastic one will move with you, just like your skate will. So it's much closer to the real thing, so you can learn adjustments/balance as you work with it. The metal one just teaches you to spin (flat footed, btw) on a fixed axis, which isn't the same as spinning on skates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bXAL-U72sw

hanca
01-05-2009, 12:42 PM
I purchased and received one of the square spinners, and will have to send it back. Seems not to spin well, almost grinding at times.

I had the same problem. It was the square one and did not spin well. At the end I gave up with the spinner. The problem is also the space. (It is VERY unpleasant if you don't have enough space to fall and are falling on all the furniture...) I wish I could do it with some huge space around me and put all around some pillows and cushions... Unfortunately there is no such space at my place.

miraclegro
01-05-2009, 07:38 PM
So, can you all do back spin and back camel on the insole type? I will order that instead if i know you can do that on it!

aussieskater
01-06-2009, 01:09 AM
The plastic one looks great on youtube - where can I order them? I found the German site on the youtube comments but can't read German :P ... then googled to find spinners sold by Rainbo Sports online but I didn't know whether they are selling the same thing. I imagine that they would need to be made pretty carefully to mimic a skate blade rocker etc and I don't know whether you could trust a knock-off?

katz in boots
01-06-2009, 02:21 AM
I have one of the square spinners. It spins well, but I don't spin well on it. I totally agree about the comments that it doesn't replicate real spinning, especially about finding the right part of the foot.

I love the look of the one on Youtube! I want one !!! The one on Rainbow looks like it is flat on top, whereas the Youtube one looks dished, like a skate innersole. Does anyone know where you can buy these?

miraclegro
01-06-2009, 07:41 AM
Rainbowsports.com has them, i believe.

Query
01-06-2009, 03:23 PM
We've had a few threads on this - they vary a lot from within a single brand and model. So don't mail order. Go to many stores to find one that spins (and keeps spinning) without resistance. Based on in-store tests, I found that most of the top brand name/model do not. (Then keep it clean.)

One of the many threads:

http://skatingforums.com/showthread.php?p=377562#post377562

Ice Dancer suggested the same things are sold cheaper as "twist boards".

aussieskater
01-06-2009, 03:55 PM
We've had a few threads on this - they vary a lot from within a single brand and model. So don't mail order. Go to many stores to find one that spins (and keeps spinning) without resistance. Based on in-store tests, I found that most of the top brand name/model do not. (Then keep it clean.)

One of the many threads:

http://skatingforums.com/showthread.php?p=377562#post377562

Ice Dancer suggested the same things are sold cheaper as "twist boards".

I recall reading those threads with great interest and Query's advice to try the spinner before you buy sounded sensible. But I thought those threads referred to the "two-plate" spinner style? (I don't own a spinner and have never used one, so I might be wrong?)

Katz and I are not in the US and can't just "pop into a pro store" to try things out. We have no option but to buy mail order. For me, that's partly why I'm so interested in the youtube one in Phoenix's link - it has no moving parts to spin against each other, and hopefully fewer moving parts mean that there will not be the quality issues of the two-plate versions. (Unless the threads Query cited above were referring to this type - then I'm really stuck!)

Miraclegro, as Katz said, the Rainbo one looks different to the youtube one - the youtube one has a moulded footplate, while the Rainbo one has a flat plate. I'd like the moulded one - I think it will be easier to feel when I've got the foot properly centred on the plate before you try to centre the spinner on the floor. (Since in skates, your feet are centred in the skate before you start trying to centre the skate on the ice!)

phoenix
01-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Here's the spinner from the youtube video, it's a german site:
http://www.eiskunstlauf-shop.de/96-skate-spinner.html

Here's the one from Rainbo:
http://www.rainbosports.com/shop/site/product.cfm/id/4AC584A1-475A-BAC0-501FDB10BFB76925

They do look a little different; not sure how they compare. The one I played w/ was like the one at Rainbo. I'm not sure that little indentation on the other would make that much difference. :?:

Or maybe someone here speaks German & could place a group order for all of us. What's that cost translate to in US dollars?

Skittl1321
01-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Katz and I are not in the US and can't just "pop into a pro store" to try things out.

I AM in the US and I certainly don't have that option. I can't pop into a single store much less "go to many stores"

Sessy
01-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I trash mine after a couple of times and one near disaster in the living room. Dang hubby insists that we have a SOFA and a TV in the living!!! :twisted: :lol: (Seriously, I have no room anywhere for this spinner and in the end, it's not the same for me as being on the FO edge of the spin anyway.

Seriously, what is he THINKING?! Everybody knows the living room is for practicing off-ice jumps, spins and spirals! :twisted:

katz in boots
01-07-2009, 01:28 AM
Here's the spinner from the youtube video, it's a german site:
http://www.eiskunstlauf-shop.de/96-skate-spinner.html

Here's the one from Rainbo:
http://www.rainbosports.com/shop/site/product.cfm/id/4AC584A1-475A-BAC0-501FDB10BFB76925

They do look a little different; not sure how they compare. The one I played w/ was like the one at Rainbo. I'm not sure that little indentation on the other would make that much difference. :?:

Or maybe someone here speaks German & could place a group order for all of us. What's that cost translate to in US dollars?

Thanks for posting the link Phoenix. I have emailed the shop asking if they have an English translation, whether they ship internationally, and what shipping would be to my location.
I'll let y'all know if I get a reply.

katz in boots
01-08-2009, 01:34 AM
Well I received a very nice reply from the place from the link.

"thank you for your request. For us it is no problem to ship orders to
Australia or other countries. With DHL insured shipping costs EUR 10.90
for 1 or 2 Skate Spinners.

With the Spinner you will get a short english manual.

For payment you can use money transfer to our german bank account or
paypal. With paypal you can use credit cards."

Which is nice, but having worked out the conversion from Euros to Aussie Dollars, including postage it would cost around $70 AUD. Still considering it though.

aussieskater
01-08-2009, 05:55 AM
Thanks for finding that out Katz ... $70 sure is expensive but like you, I'm still thinking ... *something* has to help my pathetic spins!! Is the euro 10.90 for just the postage? Did they say how much is the spinner itself?

Query
01-08-2009, 08:34 AM
As someone mentioned in another thread, Ebay merchants sell a similar "twist board" for 1/10th the price of a "spinner" or "spin trainer". Maybe you can find them in exercise and sports equipment retail shops too.

Is it really true that American skate pro shops have more selection than in Europe, even in the big cities? If so, why?

Black Sheep
01-08-2009, 08:57 AM
I bought a clanky metal one about a decade ago. It's been sitting on a shelf in one of my closets ever since. ;)

looplover
01-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Wow, I would REALLY like to try that insole one from the youtube video.

For camels...but there's no doing a camel in the 3 areas that aren't carpeted here...

I guess it wouldn't work on carpet, huh...

hanca
01-08-2009, 02:38 PM
I have ordered the one from the german web page. I hope this spinner is not going to sit at home on the shelf next the the metalic one that I ordered 2 years ago and never learned to use. Though the fact that this one replicate better the spinning action (because it can travel when it is not centred, as opposed to throwing you off) seems to be great idea. I will let you know how it works for me when I get it.

miraclegro
01-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Let me know how the german one works, PLEASE. I had already returned my defective metal one and ordered the insole-looking one from the U.S., so perhaps we can compare notes. I think it it much harder for adults to do the metal ones b/c the center of gravity is not as short as childrens. Those who learned the metal ones as kids can probably stay on them forever as they grow. But that's just my opinion.

Skate@Delaware
01-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Wow, I would REALLY like to try that insole one from the youtube video.

For camels...but there's no doing a camel in the 3 areas that aren't carpeted here...

Unless you put something over TOP of the carpet like a piece of board? (like a 4x4 piece of plywood, then you could just plop it down when you needed it?)
I have ordered the one from the german web page. I hope this spinner is not going to sit at home on the shelf next the the metalic one that I ordered 2 years ago and never learned to use. Though the fact that this one replicate better the spinning action (because it can travel when it is not centred, as opposed to throwing you off) seems to be great idea. I will let you know how it works for me when I get it.
Yeah, I stopped using mine, even after I figured out that only a little push was needed...got tired of getting thrown off!!!! hehehe! it was fun seeing other people get tossed tho ("oh yeah, don't give yourself more than a little nudge" ;))

looplover
01-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Unless you put something over TOP of the carpet like a piece of board? (like a 4x4 piece of plywood, then you could just plop it down when you needed it?)

Oh yeah! I might do that...the dog can sit in the crate and watch the wacky lady fly into the fireplace :lol:

Sessy
01-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Thanks for posting the link Phoenix. I have emailed the shop asking if they have an English translation, whether they ship internationally, and what shipping would be to my location.
I'll let y'all know if I get a reply.

I've got the "drehscheibe" rotational disk from that first, eiskunstlauf, website. They shipped very promptly and correctly. Thought you might wanna know. Did you get your translation yet? If not I'm happy to translate for you anything you don't understand, just link it or pm it or whatever. I'm supposedly fluent at German, better live up to it, lol.

katz in boots
01-09-2009, 01:41 AM
Thanks for finding that out Katz ... $70 sure is expensive but like you, I'm still thinking ... *something* has to help my pathetic spins!! Is the euro 10.90 for just the postage? Did they say how much is the spinner itself?

The website quotes the cost of the spinner at 25.90 euros.

some sources say they work on low pile carpets. I doubt it'd be satisfactory though.

I ... ordered the insole-looking one from the U.S., so perhaps we can compare notes.

did you buy one of the flat ones? they are slightly different. I know Phoenix commented the indentations might not make much difference. For my way of thinking though, the indentations, especially at the ball of the foot, might help grip better and feel more like a boot than a flat surface.

On Ebay there are wooden ones which look similar but are cheaper. I don't plan to get one, but they might be a cheaper alternative.

It'll be interesting to read comments from people who have already bought this style of spinner, and from those who are buying, once they've had the chance to check them out.

hanca
01-09-2009, 08:44 AM
I think it it much harder for adults to do the metal ones b/c the center of gravity is not as short as childrens. Those who learned the metal ones as kids can probably stay on them forever as they grow. But that's just my opinion.

I never though about children's centre of gravity being shorter as a reason why they can learn it easier than adults on the metal spinner. I thought it is my spinning skills (or should I say lack of them) being the reason that I couldn't learn it on the spinner. :lol:

Can children learn it easier at all? I have never seen anyone spinning well on the spinner...

hanca
01-09-2009, 08:54 AM
I've got the "drehscheibe" rotational disk from that first, eiskunstlauf, website. They shipped very promptly and correctly. Thought you might wanna know. Did you get your translation yet? If not I'm happy to translate for you anything you don't understand, just link it or pm it or whatever. I'm supposedly fluent at German, better live up to it, lol.

You don't need translation, the page translates itself. I don't speak German much either and on the right side there is Google translation and when you click on it, it has whole selection of languages you want google to translate it. (well, at least it did translate for me all the information about the spinner into English).

Then I filled out the order form - unfortunately the form was in German, but it was quite easy to guess what is first name, what is surname, what is address, what is email etc. Then I got some email in Geman (saying not sure what) so I replied them in English asking them whether I managed to place the order or not, and if not, whether there is any way how I can order it appart of on webpage in a language I don't speak. They emailed me in English and then it was easy. Paid by Paypal.

Query
01-09-2009, 02:39 PM
I don't get it. In spite of several mentions, people complain about the high price of "skate spinners" without checking out the more economical, more widely available and (coming from large companies) probably better made "twist boards" (http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_nkwZQ22twistQ20boardQ22QQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZR40 QQ_mdoZ).

For that matter, spinners are nothing more than a "turntable bearing" with attached plates. Our Bill Scheider built one shown here (http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~schneidw/skating/homemade_spinner.html).

Anyway, some time ago I here (http://skatingforums.com/showthread.php?t=25851&highlight=spinner+attach) suggested that a well designed spinner would mount (e.g., strap) the spinner on the shoe, so you could step into the spin, like you do in real spins. The indented german model is a step in the right direction - maybe you could glue it or the Rainbo model to a shoe - but temporarally attaching the spinner onto whatever part of the shoe you wanted to spin off would be so much better. It could even mount like a blade guard onto your skate. It's so obvious and easy to make - why doesn't someone make one?

We explored other alternatives in that thread - like lubricating a sock and very smooth laminate floor material - which could be quite cheap too.

Skittl1321
01-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Are twist boards made for continual rotation?

Query
01-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Are twist boards made for continual rotation?

Oops! Looks like some models don't. I'm so sorry. Hope no one bought the wrong type.

Someone here has one
http://skatingforums.com/showpost.php?p=329218&postcount=30

Maybe you could send her/him a question about it.

Since they are more common than "skate spinners", maybe you can find one in a store.

CreativeSkater
01-10-2009, 10:52 PM
I am really hoping that a skate spinner will help to improve my spins. I would really love some feedback on how the skate spinners compare to actually being on the ice (What are the differences?) Also, if anyone has tried any of the following spinners, could you let me know how they worked for you? I am comparing lots, but need some advice. I want a good spinner for a cheap price, but understand that a more expensive one may be necessary.

Here is the list:

Wooden one on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Spinner-Ice-Figure-Hockey-Skate-Blade-Spin-Trainer-NEW_W0QQitemZ110314003450QQcmdZViewItem

Rainbo sport one: http://www.rainbosports.com/shop/site/product.cfm/id/4AC584A1-475A-BAC0-501FDB10BFB76925

Expensive one that looks best: http://www.spinner-jame.com/purple.html

CreativeSkater
01-10-2009, 11:48 PM
Also, I read on another forum that the spinners (the round ones) are not good for front spins (??) Does anyone know why this would be? Are the foot-shaped ones good for practicing front spins? Thanks :)

Sessy
01-11-2009, 07:36 AM
Also, I read on another forum that the spinners (the round ones) are not good for front spins (??) Does anyone know why this would be? Are the foot-shaped ones good for practicing front spins? Thanks :)

I know, I experienced the same thing. Well here's the thing, it's like... You can't do the set up for the front spin on a round metal disk spinner. Physically impossible. And it's the set-up where people mess up the most that causes them to spin uncentered, not the actual spinning.
But you can do a backspin that's almost identical to the one on ice, except you sorta tap the floor instead of pushing off onto a forward inside edge, but other than that, it feels kinda the same. At least, IMHO.

Basically the thing with spinners is... You have to be able to spin before you can use them with any benefit. Essentially, they'll help with your core strength, your sense of balance, your shoulder and hip alignment... But they don't help with the set-up. That has to be good before you start.

Also, what you might not be aware of. At least the round metal disk spinner I have can also be used very successfully to practice things like back 3-turns and all sorts of other turns that I keep confusing the names of, like forward-inside-to-back-inside edge. The thing is it really helps with is uhm... Stopping the rotation with your shoulders, and initialising it again. I guess being able to do that well also might help with the jump landings.

CreativeSkater
01-12-2009, 12:57 AM
Thanks Sessy! That is interesting. It is really the front spin that I want to improve on, but I may try a spinner just for balancing on it anyways. I was watching the youtube demo video, and I noticed that all of the spins are back spins except for one, and they don't show how she started the spin!! It makes me suspicious...I'm glad I know the spinner is better for back spins now.

aussieskater
01-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Seriously, what is he THINKING?! Everybody knows the living room is for practicing off-ice jumps, spins and spirals! :twisted:

No no no Sessy - it's for learning the compulsory dance patterns around the edge of the rectangular rug in the centre of the room!! :lol: (Gotta move the coffee table and the kids' school bags first next time...)

Back on topic - I've just ordered one and will post once it arrives and I discover how many ways I can kill myself using it!

CreativeSkater
01-13-2009, 08:04 PM
I am sooo anxious to get one of these spinners! But I do have another concern. I know that the front spins are harder to practice on the spinners than the back spins...but could I still practice my front spins by swinging my leg around from a standstill?? So, I was trying to spin on my hardwookd floor with socks on...haha...and I always fall over, but I can see myself doing the exact same thing on the spinner and really having it not work for me!! Well, I hope it will work. Another question: RAINBO for $30....or pay $55 more for the one I have seen a video for?! Is it worth it to pay more or is the Rainbo one good too????

miraclegro
01-13-2009, 09:04 PM
Still waiting for my order to come in....

But to mention, i did try a little girls like that, and i did better than the square one. One of my coaches recommended the metal spinner b/c she seems to think the plastic one can slip out from under, but i was happier on the plastic one. Only got to use it for a few minutes though. I personally felt safer on that one, too! Less likely to go sailing away.

Sessy
01-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Creative skater, you won't just have the same problem on the spinner - it will be WORSE!

BTW I have a spinner. Guess what. I practice on socks on wood and laminate floors... Or on hard soled non-sticky boots, sometimes. I can actually do a sit spin of 2 revolutions or so that way. :lol:

So your problem is swinging around the leg, and you fall doing that? Let's focus on that.
Make a video of yourself doing the spin. On ice or on the floor, doesn't really matter. Play it frame by frame. What do you see?
- Do you happen to drop your free hip, or take your shoulders out of horizontal allignment (dropping/raising one of them)? That would account for you falling over both on the floor and on ice.
- Do you twist at the waist, meaning that if you drew a line between your two hips and one between your two shoulders and looked at yourself from above, the lines wouldn't be on top of each other but forming an X ?
- Where's your head pointing, are you looking into the spin (for ccw: to the left), straight ahead or behind your spin (for ccw: to the right?)
- How's the line of your spine? Try to sort of... Pull your tail in and push your rib cage a little forward, while keeping your back straight. Feel the tension in your belly muscles and lower back? Being a little rigid in your spin (don't over do it, either, you still need to breathe) is something that helps staying in the spin. Think of it as taking 1 piece of spaghetti between your fingers and making it spin around the axis. It works easily with unboiled spaghetti, as that stays straight, but it's a lot harder with boiled spaghetti as that starts to be drawn to the outside of the circle by the rotational forces.

I strongly suspect you're dropping a hip or a shoulder without noticing it, when you're swinging around that leg.

miraclegro
01-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Okay,

I got my spinner today, tore into the package and immediately went to work!

Found out it IS slick on my kitchen floor. I imagine if it gets scuffed up some, it might get better.

Doesn't work on berber(sp?) -type carpet, but works slowly on my smooth carpet that has no pile in rec room. I guess it will correct my backspin because it won't let me get on the back of the blade! But it is scary, too! I still think the square one is weirder and the one i got (the FLAT one with the rocker) is closer to finding that correct spot on the blade. So, i will keep you posted, but you WON'T see me on youtube! unless you want a good laugh!

I am anxious to hear about the german one!

hanca
01-14-2009, 03:18 PM
I got the german one today! I tried it on a laminate floor in the kitchen. It spins well, but I have a lot to learn (the balance on the rocker of this spinner). I am a bit scared to do it at home because there is not that much space in the kitchen and falling down on the edge of the kitchen cupboards or food cupboard could be very painful. In the rest of rooms we have carpets. I will take it with me when I go to our ice skating rink. There is a huge hall with a very low pile carpet (well, more like no pile at all carpet), so I will see if I can spin on that. At least I would have more space to fall.

I will let you know how it spins (meaning whether I am more sucesfull to learn spining on this spinner than on the metalic one) and how my spins on ice are improving (or not improving) by practising off ice on the spinner.

I must warn you though that I am rotationally challenged (my body was probably not made to spin!), so my possible lack of improvment should not mean that the spinner is not good. (But if I do some improvment, the spinner would be something really special).

hanca
01-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Forgot to say, the spinner from the German webside is actually made in Finland.

http://www.spinner-jame.com/english.html

They have English version of the web side.

miraclegro
01-15-2009, 06:38 AM
So is the "german" spinner slick on the bottom like my plastic one?

hanca
01-15-2009, 01:48 PM
I don't really know what you mean by slick at the bottom. It is a bit difficult to compare 2 products if I have one and you have the other one :lol:
Tried it today at our ice skating rink and have to say that I wasn't doing that great job spinning on it (let's face it, it is not going to spin unless I make it spin). Saying that, today was not generally my spinning day on ice either, so it shouldn't be bad reflection on the spinner.

miraclegro
01-17-2009, 05:25 AM
When i say "slick" i mean mine is plastic all over, but the plastic on the bottom makes it slip on the floor. It might get less "slicky" as i scuff it up more, but so far, one time, i was spinning and put my weight too far one direction or another and it shot out from under me and i kind of jerked as it did it! It was a little scary, but it may get better. The metal one was scary, but different scary because I was the one flying off then!

phoenix
01-17-2009, 08:09 AM
Maybe you could try it at the rink, on the padded part of the floor meant for walking on w/ your skates--that's a hard floor, but kind of rubbery so maybe it wouldn't slip so much.

When i say "slick" i mean mine is plastic all over, but the plastic on the bottom makes it slip on the floor. It might get less "slicky" as i scuff it up more, but so far, one time, i was spinning and put my weight too far one direction or another and it shot out from under me and i kind of jerked as it did it! It was a little scary, but it may get better. The metal one was scary, but different scary because I was the one flying off then!

Sessy
01-17-2009, 10:16 AM
Plastic can be sandpapered to roughen it up. Should help.

hanca
01-17-2009, 10:23 AM
Plastic can be sandpapered to roughen it up. Should help.

I am not sure if that would not defy the purpose of the object. Spinner is supposed to spin, and if you roughen it up, then it is not going to spin that well. The problem may be the technique - I think we may need time to learn how to spin on it. I think the ice is more forgiving than this is. On the ice, you still may have chance sometimes to centre it somehow even if the spin doesn't go that well. Here I haven't figured out how yet.

hanca
01-17-2009, 10:28 AM

Yes, mine is plastic all over too. I think the problem is not that it is too slippery; the problem is that I don't put my weight exactly on the spot where it is supposed to be. That's why I said that I will need to learn to spin on it. Then again, if I didn't have a problem with it on ice, I wouldn't need a spinner to practice.

If yours spins too quickly, try on a different surface, such as low pile carpet. If it is still too quick, try higher pile carpet. :)

Sessy
01-17-2009, 11:56 AM
I am not sure if that would not defy the purpose of the object. Spinner is supposed to spin, and if you roughen it up, then it is not going to spin that well. The problem may be the technique - I think we may need time to learn how to spin on it. I think the ice is more forgiving than this is. On the ice, you still may have chance sometimes to centre it somehow even if the spin doesn't go that well. Here I haven't figured out how yet.

No I mean - roughen up the bottom and the top, not the inside of the spinner. So it sticks to the floor better, and to your shoes.

Edit: Eh I just realised, you weren't talking about one of those insole spinners were you? Cuz with those, that definitely wouldn't work. I was thinking of a two-plates-over-each-other type of spinner.

The ice is definitely more forgiving. That's why I spin on socks despite having a metal spinner... At least that way, it doesn't need to be 100% centered.

miraclegro
01-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Well, yes, mine is the non-metal one that sort-of looks like an insole.

So, we'll just have to see. I think both kinds are just dangerous! ha ha

When i borrowed my little friend and took it to a rink i sometimes go to out of town, they had a nice big room with a mirror and low pile carpeting, and i did better on that metal one there b/c i was not afraid of hitting something. I actually accomplished my back camel on it!

those little kids who can do them with no problem totally disgust me.....

hanca
01-17-2009, 02:47 PM
Sessy, we are talking about the one piece plastic one that looks like insole. Miraclegro has the one from Rainbo shop and I bought the one from the german web page (the one that has the video on the youtube). Now we are trying to compare them, :) which is nearly impossible, considering that each of us has seen only one of the spinners and didn't see the other one, and I assume that each of us is a diffent level of skater. (and I am rotationally challenged).

Sessy
01-17-2009, 03:51 PM
Oh okay, sorry. I got confused at who bought what exactly.

miraclegro
01-18-2009, 06:11 PM
I think it works well at the rink, as they have carpet squares down. Not too much pile.

I think it would work in the rec room in my basement, but the problem is, the floor isn't all that level, so even with the commercial grade carpet, it doesn't go quite as well.....keep on keeping on!

karen kertesz
04-01-2009, 07:24 PM
http://www.skatingdesigns.com/detail.php/page/Accessories/type/categories/linknum/90/item/ACC1240

you can find this spiner at this site