View Full Version : What level skater are you?

FSWer
12-25-2008, 05:06 PM
Say I don't think we've done a "What level skater are you?" thread in a while,and with a lot of new skaters here, I think it's time for an update. Please check all that apply to you. I marked Learn to skate as that's me and new skater not too long ago,as it wasn't to long ago that I became an On Ice Skater and I DO feel like I belong around other skaters and at a Rink. Ok fellow skaters.........GO!!!!!!!!!

ibreakhearts66
12-26-2008, 02:10 AM
I'm testing Juvenile MIF and (as long as I pass the moves) Juvenile FS on January 10th. So then I'll be tested through Juvenile. But overall, I'm fast-tracking to the Novice level and aiming to be there by around July. I'll probably get destroyed in competition, but I want to do regionals, and that's the lowest level I can compete at due to age restrictions.

sk8lady
12-26-2008, 07:08 AM
MIF: Adult Bronze
Freestyle: Permanent Pre-Bronze
Dance: Pre-Bronze

But I've mostly been working on coaching qualifications the last two years:
PSA- Basic, Registered Group, Power, Hockey I
USA Hockey-Coaching Level 4, Referee Level I (missed Level 2 by 1 point!)

Mrs Redboots
12-26-2008, 08:59 AM
About the same as sk8lady, although our levels are different - but that's what I'd test out as if I did USFSA adult tests.

FlyAndCrash
12-26-2008, 01:39 PM
Free: Pre-Juv - I'm thinking about testing up to Juv this summer if I do well at the two spring competitions. I'm skating intercollegiate right now, and everything is test-track.

Moves: Juv - Yay! I just passed, and I am encountering pressure on many fronts to test Int. this spring.

I also did ISI and passed (barely...) FS6 last summer.

Just BTW, there are many levels between learn to skate and intermediate and intermediate and senior.

RachelSk8er
12-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Free: adult silver

Moves: "working on" junior, meaning I skate through it once a week if that, it's not high on the priority list

Dance: working on pre-golds, testing one in Jan or Feb and then I can't test any more until after ANs d/t solo dance elegibility

Synchro: "highest" level I did was senior (1994-1999), after that I did collegiate, last level I skated was adult...but the way the sport has changed, adult today (at least on my last team) was harder than senior 10 yrs ago, in terms of the steps in our program, speed, more changes in holds, etc. So make of that what you will. And I've coached pre-juv, open jr, and collegiate.

flo
12-26-2008, 04:08 PM
Silver free
Juvenile Pairs so I compete at gold pairs

Skate@Delaware
12-26-2008, 06:37 PM
ha ha ha! I'm still adult no-test for usfs! Hopefully I will be testing pre-bronze this season.....

ISI 2 working on 3 (would have been there but stupid injury put me behind the program).

I'm hearing talk in my area that my community college might be starting a synchro team!!!! Yay! Then I will do that (if I have time while attending classes). So it will be back to the beginning for synchro.

SkaterBird
12-26-2008, 06:53 PM
Alas, still no-test adults. If I can ever get a grip on my outside three turns for my nonexistent waltz eight, and get my inside threes at all, I will test pre-bronze moves. Same with waltz jump and half flip for pre-bronze freestyle.

Scarlett
12-26-2008, 08:23 PM
Moves: pre-bronze
Free: pre-bronze
Dance: preliminary (my latest accomplishment :) )

Kim to the Max
12-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Moves: Passed Intermediate, testing Novice hopefully in February 8O
Freestyle: Passed Pre-Juvenile, working on landing my axel cleanly so I can test Juvenile...then it's on to Intermediate 8O
Dance: none...but coach has been bugging me to do it...I keep saying we can start dance once I pass my senior moves :)
Synchro: This is my first year skating on an Adult team :) we just moved up from Open Adult...

IceSkateRuth
12-26-2008, 09:06 PM
i'm in learn to skate and on january 6th i'm starting basic 3

kimberley801
12-27-2008, 05:08 PM
Haven't taken any tests on the Adult track. But I could pass Pre-bronze MITF and Free at this point.

Rusty Blades
12-27-2008, 05:32 PM
Adult Free: Bronze (with 1 National Bronze)
Women's Interpretive: Introductory

Not too bad for 3 years.

skatergal
12-27-2008, 05:49 PM
Freestyle: Pre-Preliminary, but I'm testing prelim in Feb. and competing at prelim
MIF: Intermediate- Probably testing in March
Dance: passed Preliminary, but I'm not taking dance any more soo...

taijiya
12-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Still Learn to Skate, ISI Gamma (haven't passed yet) for the foreseeable future... :frus:

phoenix
12-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Moves: working on Intermediate, though not very much. Not as high a priority right now.

Dance: 2 pre-golds passed, 2 to go.

flying~camel
12-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Moves: Adult Bronze (working on Silver - hope to test again this Spring/Summer), standard Preliminary (might take Pre-Juv after I pass Silver)

Freestyle: Adult Bronze (will take Silver as soon as I pass Silver moves), standard Pre-Preliminary (I just need to get around to taking Preliminary), ISI FS4

Dance: Preliminary (sometimes working on Pre-Bronze)

Stormy
12-29-2008, 04:06 PM
I've passed my Juvenile Free, Intermediate Moves, Gold Moves, Silver Free, and Preliminary Dances. I compete in Adult Gold.

singerskates
12-29-2008, 11:10 PM
This up until Mid April I know for sure that I'll be competing in Adult Bronze FS. Still have not tested Preliminary FS (waiting to regain my camel and backspin to test). For interpretive FS in Canada I'm competing in Ladies Introductory Interpretive FS and in the US just plan Adult Ladies Interpretive.

In Canada we only have StarSkate tests (Preliminary to Gold in freeskate and dance), not sure about pair tests [someone else please chime in on pair tests], Interpretive tests (Intro, Bronze, Silver & Gold) or Competitive tests (Juvenile to Senior in Singles, Pairs and Dance).

These following are the tests that I've passed so far:

Preliminary Dance (Dutch Waltz, Canasta Tango & Baby Blues [never got to test Prelim Creative Dance only because we couldn't schedule the right judge during the testing session.])

Introductory Interpretive FS (tested in Calgary, Alberta at 2007 Adult Canadians while competing).

Tests I'm working on now are:

Prelim FS
Junior Bronze Dance
Prelim Skills

Tests I hope to work on next year:

Junior Bronze and/or Senior Bronze FS
Finish Junior Bronze Dance
Junior Bronze Skills

Levels in what I hope to be competing for 2009/2010 season:

Junior Bronze FS
Introductory Interpretive FS

I hope to become a skating coach someday and maybe a choreographer. At the moment I'd want to stick with adult skaters and kids working on freeskate up to Senior Bronze. Let the more experienced coaches work with the kid skaters in Junior Silver and up including Competitive. Besides it's really cool to see new skaters gain an element.

Muskoka Skater
01-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Jr. Silver Free Skate

miraclegro
01-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Adult Silver MIF test and freestyle levels.

Currently working on Adult Gold MIF hopefully to pass THAT and Intermediate before the new stuff gets implemented. I don't mind learning what's on the new, but i want to finish what i started b/c i KNOW my left twizzle side is far worse than my right!

sk8ergalgal
01-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Compete at Sr. Silver Freeskate and working on Gold Freeskate

jazzpants
01-11-2009, 02:31 AM
Same as Terri C: Adult Bronze FS and Adult Interpretative Dramatic/Interpretative.

After April 2009, I will be on hiatus from competing 'til at least after I pass Adult Silver Moves test and possibly the Adult Gold Moves test. Just want to take the time to work on my "in-between" skating. I will be back competing when I feel it's time. (Or if Sectionals is back in my neck of the woods. THEN I might reconsider.)

niupartyangel
01-14-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm in ISI Freestyle 3 and next month will be my 4th year anniversary of skating!

I'm 27 and I've been thinking about taking the adult pre-bronze tests someday, but I know I will probably maybe an additional half hour of ice time and lesson just for the test elements...(well that is what this other adult girl in the rink is doing and i think that's how it would work for me too---i don't want to give up my existing private lesson for test elements especially the MIF, coz i know i'll lose my spin and jumps!)--my inside 3 turns are blah and haven't really been working on the waltz 8. i will have to talk to the hubby if we can afford the additional skating expense..

My long term goal is not a gold test, not a double jump, but a simple layback spin..they are just gorgeous to watch...i dunno if i'll ever get there since i already took such a long time on the one foot spin...LOL. :twisted: