View Full Version : how to get a rule book

Audryb
12-23-2008, 09:26 AM
I'm sorry if this has already been addressed, but I can't seem to find the answer. How can I get a usfs rule book? I did a search on the usfs webpage, but didn't come up with any hits. I only have a basic skills membership right now, and I'm taking group classes-- I don't have a private coach. But I'm interested in testing in the future and I'm one of those people who likes to study every available piece of information forever before doing anything about it.... Anyway, I'd like to get my hands on a rule book if I can. Thanks!

Ellyn
12-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Here's the order form, which is hidden under forms:
http://www.usfigureskating.org/content/rulebook.pdf

It says to call, fax, or e-mail credit card orders.

It also says members can order online via the Members Only online store, but if you're just a Basic Skills member you may not have access to that.

Audryb
12-23-2008, 09:58 AM
Thanks a lot!

CoachPA
12-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Rulebook order forms aren't always the easiest to find on the USFS website, so that's no surprise there that you had a hard time finding it.

In addition to ordering through the USFS, I believe most skating clubs provide their members with a rulebook when they join/renew their membership. You may need to check to see what type of membership provides a rulebook (such as Full, Associate, Professional, etc.).

Clarice
12-23-2008, 10:04 AM
You also used to be able to buy them from places like Rainbo - don't know whether they still carry them, though.

Debbie S
12-23-2008, 10:20 AM
Rainbo sells them. The total price (inc shipping) is basically the same as USFS's.

Thin-Ice
12-24-2008, 04:53 AM
And BRAVO to you for WANTING a rulebook!!!:bow:: There are many skaters who should have rulebooks and are always asking others for information that is easily accessible from the rulebook.