View Full Version : WFSC New Year's Adult Invitational

jenlyon60
12-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Starting a new thread since I can't find the old thread...

But a reminder to all adults (21 and up)... the deadline for entries is 2 Jan 2009, which is very quickly approaching.

The competition is February 7-8, 2009, at Ashburn Ice House, Ashburn, Virginia.

Hope to see folks there.

Link to announcement HERE (http://users.rcn.com/wfsc/docs/NY_Announcement09.pdf) since the info is starting to be buried on the WFSC web page.

(I'm not competing this year and [BIG SURPRISE to those who know me] I'm not doing hospitality either...)

starskate6.0
12-21-2008, 03:30 PM
Hi There

I see what you mean . The club web site is busy . So busy in fact I could not find the application for the Adult competition . Any clues..:?:
Also I see on the announcement they have stated that Masters interp must have passed masters Freestyle and the Adult interp must have passed Adult gold dance.
I don't get it. ? Iv skated masters interp at nationals many times but Im a gold mens skater with no dance at all. Where does that put me . ? Can you help me out there. ?:??

Thanks
;)

starskate6.0
12-21-2008, 03:34 PM
"Never Mind"

I get it . Ill have to skate Adult interp since I have no dance test .
Thanks
Now all i have to do is find the application buried in the web site .
Wish me luck.
;)

Debbie S
12-21-2008, 04:16 PM
Uh, Masters Interp is for Masters and Gold FS skaters. I believe that if you've passed your Gold dance test, you need to skate Masters Interp regardless of your FS level. I didn't look at the announcement that carefully, but unless rules were changed at GC, Gold skaters skate Masters Interp, not Adult.

Jenlyon linked the announcement directly in her post.

jenlyon60
12-21-2008, 07:34 PM
For Masters Interp it reads "OR must have passed at least 1 Pre-Gold Dance"

This is to give adult dancers who have passed the higher level dances a chance to compete Interp at a level roughly equivalent to that of higher level adult freestyle skaters.

RachelSk8er
12-21-2008, 10:07 PM
Uh, Masters Interp is for Masters and Gold FS skaters. I believe that if you've passed your Gold dance test, you need to skate Masters Interp regardless of your FS level. I didn't look at the announcement that carefully, but unless rules were changed at GC, Gold skaters skate Masters Interp, not Adult.

Jenlyon linked the announcement directly in her post.

That's strange, usually 1 silver dance puts you in masters interp, not one pre gold (at least at ANs that's the cutoff...I had a hell of a time last year at ANs explaining why I was bronze free but needed to be in masters interp when they assumed I had it wrong on the app and put me in adult). Looks like I'll be in adult interp if I do it at NYI (no complaints here :))

jenlyon60
12-22-2008, 07:27 AM
That's what I thought also. What does the AN announcement say?

RachelSk8er
12-22-2008, 08:53 AM
That's what I thought also. What does the AN announcement say?

Masters interp for ANs is gold/juv free or higher OR 1 standard/adult silver dance or higher. (And higher of the two for those of us who do both.)

RachelSk8er
01-02-2009, 07:54 AM
Bump....it's due today.

I registered for silver free, silver solo dance, and adult interp!

Stormy
01-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Sent mine in today too! Or at least I will be when I head to the PO at lunch. :)

Ellyn
01-02-2009, 11:03 AM
My program won't be competition ready in time and preparing a compulsory moves program instead would only delay that, so I've spent $80 just to compete MITF. My contribution to my club. :D

flo
01-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Good luck to all. I have an art show that day and will then be heading to the Westminster Dog show to see the pooches.

Debbie S
01-02-2009, 04:07 PM
I won't be competing this year since I don't have a program and the Bronze CM was beyond my ability b/c of the camel spin - why couldn't the sit spin be in Bronze and the camel in Silver? If it was, I'd do CM and MIF, but since I can really only do MIF, and I'm not as generous as Ellyn ;) and don't want to spend $80 to compete 2 moves, I'm going to pass. But I may come down that Saturday to watch and cheer everyone on. :)

sexyskates
01-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Sent mine in and I'm doing a bunch of events because I'm not doing Sectionals - too close to NYI and I don't like practicing with crowds President's week.
I'm doing:
Silver Free
Adult Interp
Silver Spins
Silver Compulsory
Gold MITF and
The Team Manuevers!

Oh, and I passed my Cha-Cha and Fiesta Tango tonight!

jazzpants
01-02-2009, 11:18 PM
Oh, and I passed my Cha-Cha and Fiesta Tango tonight!YAAAAY!! Congrats sexyskates!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: (One of these centuries, I'm gonna humor myself and just TRY to pass the Preliminary Dances, just to see if I could do it. (Like you would THINK I should know better the last time I said "Let's see if I could do this on ice..." :giveup: )

Mrs Redboots
01-03-2009, 06:21 AM

Congratulations!

mikawendy
01-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Sent mine in and I'm doing a bunch of events because I'm not doing Sectionals - too close to NYI and I don't like practicing with crowds President's week.
I'm doing:
Silver Free
Adult Interp
Silver Spins
Silver Compulsory
Gold MITF and
The Team Manuevers!

Wow, you're going to be busy! Congrats on your passes!

patatty
01-04-2009, 07:32 AM
Congratulations sexyskates! I'm sorry I won't be able to go to NYI this year. Hopefully I'll manage next year. Good luck to everyone.

sexyskates
01-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Hi Patatty!
How was your ski trip? I'm seriously thinking of doing the SCNY Showcase competition at Sky Rink on Feb. 15th. It's not all adult, but it's all Interp and should be fun. And it's just a train ride away. Are you doing Lake Placid again?

Stormy
01-05-2009, 01:14 PM
What's the schedule usually like on Sunday, about what time does it end? Just trying to figure out my flight there and back.

jenlyon60
01-05-2009, 02:37 PM
As I recall, the goal is a midday finish. If you're flying in/out of Dulles, plan on allowing a good 20-30 minutes for security.

My experience is that if I allow plenty of time, I get through the line fast, but if I cut it close, the line will be long and slow.

Stormy
01-21-2009, 12:12 PM
http://users.erols.com/wfsc/docs/NYI_2009/NY_Schedule09b.pdf

Schedule is out. 8 masters ladies, that's going to be a good event to watch!!

sexyskates
01-21-2009, 01:27 PM
I don't see the Manuever Team on the tentative schedule.

coskater64
01-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Holy cow, 8 in my free skate and 9 in my dance event. Oh to be a silver lady again doing bronze dance.8O

starskate6.0
01-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the info . :)
Im not going to this one either. Its to late and I stiill have no number to skate too and not skating much except for fun now and then. Maybe next year.Just not into it at the moment. :??

RachelSk8er
01-21-2009, 08:37 PM
Holy cow, 8 in my free skate and 9 in my dance event. Oh to be a silver lady again doing bronze dance.8O

I'm jealous, there are only 2 of us in silver dance! Wish there were more...

6 is a good number for silver I/II free, though.