View Full Version : Skating in Spain?

sk8tegirl06
12-11-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm hoping maybe some of our European counterparts can help me out here. I will be living in Spain from February to May next year. I know it will be hard, but I can't imagine not skating at all for four months. I will be traveling outside of Spain at times. I don't think I can bring my skates, but I just want to keep my feet under me so to speak. Any tips for skating in Europe, places to go, etc??

Sessy
12-11-2008, 05:44 PM
That far south, sorry can't help ya. Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands I can be more of help.

I do know our dutch champion senior ladies spent a summer training somewhere in spain. And in Andorra, my mom bought skates way back, cuz it's tax-free there, but I'm guessing they might have an ice rink too, since they have a lot of ski pists.

abbi_1990
12-12-2008, 04:13 AM
I know there are rinks in Donostia St Sebastian, Vitoria (North Spain) and Elche (Southern spain, costa blanca)

I think there are rinks in Barcelona

According to this website http://www.iceskatecafe.com/ there are several rinks in Madrid

There is NOT a rink in Valencia

Your lucky that your going from February to May because a lot of the rinks in spain close from june to september