View Full Version : 2009 ISI Solo Compulsory Selected Manuevers

CoachPA
12-04-2008, 08:25 AM
I'm choreographing my students' programs for some upcoming competitons and rather than wait on each individual competition announcement to come out, I'm hoping to get a head start on putting together their programs so that my skaters have lots of time to practice.

I was wondering if the manuevers listed on the ISI's website (http://www.skateisi.com/site/sub.cfm?content=events_national_event_descriptions ) under "Solo Compulsories" are the manuevers that will be used at all the 2009 ISI endorsed competitions?

SELECTED MANEUVERS FOR 2009 NATIONAL EVENTS

Pre-Alpha: Forward Swizzles / 2-Foot Glide / Backward Wiggles

Alpha: Forward Stroking / Forward Crossovers (Right over Left) / 1-Foot Snowplow Stop

Beta: Backward Stroking / Backward Crossovers (Left over Right) / Right T-Stop (Right foot behind)

Gamma: Right Forward Outside 3-turn / Left Forward Inside Mohawk Combination / Hockey Stop

Delta: Left Forward Inside 3-turn / Bunny Hop / Lunge

Freestyle 1: Waltz jump / 2-foot spin / ½ Flip jump

Freestyle 2: Ballet jump / 1-foot spin / ½ Lutz jump

Freestyle 3: Salchow jump / Backward pivot / Toe Loop jump

Freestyle 4: Flip jump / Sit Spin / ½ Loop jump

Freestyle 5: Camel spin / Lutz jump / Back spin

Freestyle 6: Jump combination / Choice spin (Cross-foot/Layback/Sit-Change-Sit) / Split jump

Freestyle 7: Two Walley jumps / Flying Camel spin / Double Toe Loop jump

Freestyle 8: Double Flip jump / Flying Sit Spin / Split Lutz jump

Freestyle 9: Double Lutz jump / Flying Camel into Jump Sit spin / Axel-Double Loop jump combination

Freestyle 10: Double Axel-Double Toe Loop jump combination / Death Drop / Three Arabian Cartwheel or Butterfly jumps

Isk8NYC
12-04-2008, 11:49 AM
That's for the national events - they're all the same maneuvers.

I believe each local competition can select their own maneuvers from the test elements. IIRC, they like to change them from year to year at the same competitions, to keep people interested.

CoachPA
12-04-2008, 12:28 PM
That's for the national events - they're all the same maneuvers.

I believe each local competition can select their own maneuvers from the test elements. IIRC, they like to change them from year to year at the same competitions, to keep people interested.

That's what I figured. Oh well...

Isk8NYC
12-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Sorry. I could be wrong, so ask a few local competition directors.

CoachPA
12-04-2008, 02:28 PM
Sorry. I could be wrong, so ask a few local competition directors.

No problem. I'll have to look into that, but you appear to be correct. The application I have for a January competition lists different elements than those listed above for the national events.

AshBugg44
12-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Isk8NYC is correct. It is up to each competition director to select the maneuvers.

CoachPA
12-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Thanks both of you! I see that now after looking over several recently released competition announcements.