View Full Version : Artistic Challenge?

FigureSk8Dad
11-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Are any of your DDs or DSs heading to Burbank, CA next week for this ISI event? Or for that matter, any of you?

My DD will be competing in six events at Artistic. What a busy schedule we have! Saturday will start out with an Interpretive then on to a Couples Themed Spotlight. The theme for this competition is The Movies. On Sunday she will start out with a Spotlight Dramatic, then Spotlight Light Entertainment, a 3 skater Ensemble and finish off with a 7 skater Ensemble. There are no technical events at this competition. Many skaters from my DD's academy are competing as is her coach, whom we rarely get the opportunity to see in competition.

Things have been hectic leading up to this event, but we are so excited that it has finally arrived. For DD, it will be the culmination of a wonderful year of hard work, progress, and accomplishment. The first few months of next year will be dedicated to skills improvement and preparation for her transition into USFS.

If any of you or your skaters will be going, we wish you luck!

ibreakhearts66
11-30-2008, 10:55 AM
I may stop by to support friends or, if I'm really lucky, pick up my new boots.

BTW, Phil, the owner of Harlick, is going to be at the Pickwick Sports Shop for boot fittings.

Good luck to your daughter and the other skaters from your rink!

tylerkarenmay
12-03-2008, 09:46 AM
We will be going on Sat. and Sun. both my kids are in events then.

Good luck to all