View Full Version : I owe dd a lunch!

momof3chicks
11-24-2008, 09:45 AM
I told her I'd take her out to lunch when she landed her axel officially for the first time- according to her coach, she has landed it officially 3 times now.

She just turned 8! Jeepers.

isakswings
11-24-2008, 01:33 PM
I told her I'd take her out to lunch when she landed her axel officially for the first time- according to her coach, she has landed it officially 3 times now.

She just turned 8! Jeepers.

congratulations to her! That's wonderful!!!! :-)

Skittl1321
11-24-2008, 01:46 PM
That's fantastic news! Congrats to your daughter.

Isk8NYC
11-24-2008, 02:01 PM
Congrats on the big leap!

FigureSk8Dad
11-24-2008, 05:05 PM
Congratulations! That's a huge milestone for the skaters. I believe I read it on this forum that some skaters didn't consider themselves figure skaters (not as in figures, but freestyle, of course) until they landed the axel.

Let us know when you stop counting them. ;)

AshBugg44
11-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Yay congrats to your dd!

Mrs Redboots
11-25-2008, 07:03 AM
This is wonderful! So do you go to a smart restaurant or is she still of an age to find fast food appealing? And when is the big date?

sk8lady
11-25-2008, 07:51 AM
Congratulations! That's a huge milestone for the skaters. I believe I read it on this forum that some skaters didn't consider themselves figure skaters (not as in figures, but freestyle, of course) until they landed the axel.

Sure hope that's not the case since the chance that I'll ever land an axel is roughly the same as that of h-e-double hockey sticks freezing over!:)

momof3chicks
11-25-2008, 08:07 AM
This is wonderful! So do you go to a smart restaurant or is she still of an age to find fast food appealing? And when is the big date?

LOL, no she won't go for fast food! I will give her a few places to choose from and I think we are going tomorrow.

FigureSk8Dad
11-25-2008, 05:49 PM
Sure hope that's not the case since the chance that I'll ever land an axel is roughly the same as that of h-e-double hockey sticks freezing over!:)

Well, I'm with you sk8lady. I considered my dd a figure skater as soon as I traded in those rentals for those tiny Jackson Glaciers. :DAnd that was well after she had at least a full rotation on her two foot spin!