View Full Version : Warming oven

Andy
11-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Hi All
Getting new ridells and I want to activate the heat system
but they are arriving in the post.
Is it ok to put them in the oven at home for the reccomende 8 minutes at 200 degrees or is this totaly mad to do as i am hours away from the dealer.

aussieskater
11-23-2008, 04:05 PM
If you search the threads, I seem to recall quite a bit about using an oven or hairdryer to heat-mould skates over the past couple of years?

ETA: here's a thread from earlier this year:

http://www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?t=25892&highlight=heat+molding+skates

CoachPA
11-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Is it possible for you to call the dealer and ask? He/she might be able to give you some tips and tell you if the type of oven you have would work.

I wouldn't do anything just yet--at least not until I heard from the dealer or manufacturer since oven temps and heating time can vary.

Mrs Redboots
11-24-2008, 09:02 AM
I believe it's best if you have a fan oven (convection oven), but a gas oven works well. You're only warming the things, so you put them in for a couple of minutes on the lowest possible heat..... then put them on, carefully, so they mould to your feet. If they were too hot, they'd burn you!

NickiT
11-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Recently had to heat mould my son's Gams and was advised to put them in the oven at 150 degrees for 3 minutes. I know different makes have different instructions, but wouldn't have thought you'd want to go any hotter than that.

Nicki