View Full Version : Song stuck in head

kander
11-22-2008, 12:51 AM
Am I the only one that gets a random song stuck in his head during a skate? It's very odd and annoying. Yesterday it was "I shot the sheriff". Sometimes it's a commercial jingle. "Look for the union label" from the 1970s is an example.

I'll keep you posted on future tunes :lol:

jazzpants
11-22-2008, 01:02 AM
ISk8NYC is infamously known here for having tunes stuck in head. Of course, she will also say that's my fault too!!! :twisted: :lol: :P I wonder why? :halo:

"I shot the sheriff, but I didn't shoot no debuty..."

mikawendy
11-22-2008, 10:27 AM
One day at the rink, one of the teenagers was singing a jingle from a commercial for Bath Fitters ("Bath Fitters...We're the perfect fit.") (They make plastic inserts to cover over shower tiles and bathtubs.) Hearing this promptly resulted in me getting the jingle stuck in my head. :lol:

dbny
11-22-2008, 12:14 PM
This happens to everyone at some time or other, and there's a name for it - earworm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earworm).

Mel On Ice
11-26-2008, 07:19 PM
There's a dry cleaners jingle that gets broadcast at 7:10 and 7:48 every morning, so when I'm getting up and when I'm brushing my teeth, I am assured that "Sheldon's keeps you lookin' good, feelin fine!"

SkaterBird
11-26-2008, 09:53 PM
I grew up in the Chicago area, so the advertising jingle that most frequently gets stuck in my head is the dreaded "588-2300 Empire" Empire carpet commercial. That, or (worse) Sammy Davis Jr.'s "Candyman", or else (worse yet!), that dumb song about the lost pony Wildfire. Total 1970's stuff. Nothing cool, though - no early Fleetwood Mac, no Dire Straits, not even my favorite classical pieces. Just the stuff I'd rather NOT have playing in my head - and not a thing any self-respecting skater would skate to.

mikawendy
11-26-2008, 10:33 PM
LOL, SkaterBird--I live in Maryland, and the Empire Carpet commercial comes on a lot here (especially in the evenings). I usually can't go one evening without seeing that commercial and/or the Bath Fitter one.

kander
11-27-2008, 01:13 AM
Todays tune: "Spam spam spam spam spamidy spam, spamidy spam..." (Monty Pythons spam song)

Mrs Redboots
11-27-2008, 06:57 AM
We're supposed to have music playing most of the time in the rink, and the kids hate it if it's quiet (well, so do I - you can hear all my toe-rake noises, and trust me, they aren't pretty!).... I remember learning to skate backwards to "Magic Moments"!