View Full Version : new Queens rink?

liz_on_ice
11-20-2008, 07:59 PM
This rink appears to be the stealth project. It's been a PITA learning anything, but my husband turned up this article:

http://flushingmeadowsspeedskatingclub.com/

supposedly the rink opens Dec 19, but some groups have access now. Good luck finding anything on the parks department or 'aquatic center' webwsite.

Isk8NYC
11-20-2008, 09:25 PM
I knew I forgot to mention something. Our Dean lives in Middle Village, so I asked him about the rink and he said the word on the street was that it was opening at the end of the year. Sorry, I did mean to let you know that, but it slipped my mind with the last-minute call back for a meeting.

Mrs Redboots
11-21-2008, 08:27 AM
Goodness, you got me going there for a moment - I thought you meant Queen's Ice Rink here in London!

herniated
11-21-2008, 11:18 AM
I looked at the website a while ago and it seems like they will have some great freestyle sessions as well as adult freestyle. Maybe a meet up there would be fun?

liz_on_ice
11-21-2008, 03:33 PM
I looked at the website a while ago and it seems like they will have some great freestyle sessions as well as adult freestyle. Maybe a meet up there would be fun?

You betcha!

Also have to scope the plastic ice at the museum of natural history, and next week seaportice. Wheee - lunchtime skating!

herniated
11-21-2008, 03:43 PM
Cool.. that rink (Queens) is easier for me to get to than in NYC. Plastic ice?

liz_on_ice
11-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Cool.. that rink (Queens) is easier for me to get to than in NYC. Plastic ice?

http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stories/89380/skating-rink-at-amnh-museum-set-to-open/Default.aspx

herniated
11-22-2008, 02:57 PM
cool!!! Would love to try it sometime.

herniated
12-05-2008, 08:50 AM
OK, It says on the web site for the City ice pavilion that they have Adult freestyle ice and dance sessions Monday - Friday 9:30 - 11:20 for $20. Would anyone be interested in a meetup there before the Holidays? And... has anyone skated there yet?

I left them a message to confirm that this session has started. Let's see what happens.

liz_on_ice
12-05-2008, 03:53 PM
OK, It says on the web site for the City ice pavilion that they have Adult freestyle ice and dance sessions Monday - Friday 9:30 - 11:20 for $20. Would anyone be interested in a meetup there before the Holidays? And... has anyone skated there yet?

I left them a message to confirm that this session has started. Let's see what happens.

Which rink is the City Ice pavilion? This is 9:30 am, not pm, rt? I could be persuaded either way

jazzpants
12-05-2008, 04:37 PM
At the risk of hijacking the thread.... :halo:

Speaking of meet ups... I'm visiting the NYC area again around Christmas (so probably after Christmas for the meetup.) Would anyone be interested in a meetup at Aviator again? (Or at least someplace where it would be easy to get to via public transportation since this time for SURE I won't have a car?)

liz_on_ice
12-05-2008, 05:39 PM
At the risk of hijacking the thread.... :halo:

Speaking of meet ups... I'm visiting the NYC area again around Christmas (so probably after Christmas for the meetup.) Would anyone be interested in a meetup at Aviator again? (Or at least someplace where it would be easy to get to via public transportation since this time for SURE I won't have a car?)

yes indeedy :D

herniated
12-06-2008, 07:12 AM
Which rink is the City Ice pavilion? This is 9:30 am, not pm, rt? I could be persuaded either way

Yes, it is in the a.m.!!! Jazzpants started a thread for a meetup too. So, I'm going to post on that one. I'm not sure if citypavillion would have the adult session during the holiday week. They still have not called me back.