View Full Version : Skating Goals for 2009

FSWer
11-15-2008, 09:18 PM
Ok my fellow skaters!!!! Time to tell me what your goals are as a skater for the year 2009. I'll start. I'm a Learn to skate skater,and my goals are to become a better skater and get to the Rink more. Anyone else?

jazzpants
11-16-2008, 01:04 AM
FSWers: Do you mind I have hijack the thread slightly to also ask people to include their achievements for 2008 too? :)

I will also post the list from last year for reference:

http://www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?t=25335

2008 achievements:

Well, I thought that I got at least the loop consistent... until I skated LAST WEEKEND with my technical program!!! :frus: GEEZ!!! When am I ever gonna land a loop CLEANLY on my technical program at SKate SF??? I mean, I landed the loop cleanly on the artistic program later on that day. And of course, after the competition I can land that stupid loop cleanly at will... :giveup:
I landed my first LUTZ cleanly this year and landed my first lutz at competition just last week!!! :mrgreen:

I guess my biggest achievement this year -- making it to Adults National at LONG LAST!!! For those of you who have never been there, it's defintely a GREAT experience for an adult skater to have!!! And yes, thank you to EVERYONE for welcoming me to my very FIRST AN and making it a great experience for me... :bow: :bow: :bow:

Unfortunately after AN was when it was a diappointing year. I came back armed with knowledge on what I have to work on for this year... only to find myself losing my old job end of July, having a new job that has a LOOOONG commute (and cutting MORE of my ice time!), not having ice for a good portion of Sept. I worked very hard May thru August trying to get my in-between skating going but I realize that I have A LOT MORE work to do. It's gonna be a very LOOOOONG, arduous, painful and frustrating experience to get to the point where I feel I will skate well enough to get out of the cellar in the standings. Meaning that I will be spending a lot of time working on my "basic skating" (i.e. crossovers, mohawks, 3turns, etc...) :frus:

2009 Goals:
Same as last year, with the add of "working on my in-between skating" and my Silver Moves. As for jumps, it'll happen when it happens. :P

liz_on_ice
11-16-2008, 06:12 AM
I didn't make my 2008 season goals - to pass FS3, switch to USFSA track and test pre-bronze. Work commitments kept me from skating enough, and I stuck on that darn change-foot spin.

On the upside this time last year I was struggling with the salchow and now it is my favorite jump, I've progressed pretty well, and having fun learning more advanced things and my basic skating is pretty good, I've even got all 4 back 3turns.

So, for 2009 season I've got the same goals, plus ambitions on having a loop and flip, and a proto-lutz. Sitspin and camel spin, a backspin that won't hold me back like it is now. I'd like to be doing the waltz-backspin axel drill.

Not for next season, but the things I think are really cool and would love to have - rockers, counters, flying camel, layback, axel

jskater49
11-16-2008, 06:50 AM
So for 2008

1. Pass Bronze moves

2. 3 revolution spin with my foot IN FRONT from back crossovers.

4. Pass the Swing Dance...and cha cha.

Well I accomplished the BIGGIE - I passed my bronze moves. I can do 3 revolution spin from back crossovers but not with my foot in front

I haven't passed the Swing dance but I'm very close but not for the Cha cha because I still can't do the step behind.

But I'd like to review other accomplishments because I've made a LOT of improvements

Can do mohawks and outside 3 turns easily while moving. Because I've improved my 3 turns, myhalf flip has improved 100%...I actually jump every time I do a waltz jump. So interesting that my jumps have improved when I said in my goals I didn't care about jumps....I think a jumps class I took for summer camp and power class (where we do a lot of hopping) improved them without me even thinking about it. My posture has improved and I'm a smoother skater.

So new goals for 2009 with the idea that my priorities can always change

1.Pass the Swing dance - but since it's hard to get regular dance lessons, that's about all I'm going to hope for in dance

2. Backward 3 turns

3. Improve over all basic skating esepecially back crossovers.

4 - keep working on the scratch spin -but I've grown to hate it so much because of the slow progress I don't even want it to be a goal. Just making working on it a goal is enough.

j

Mel On Ice
11-16-2008, 01:41 PM
I can't believe I didn't list my '08 goals, and I need to severely amend what I can do in '09. I may have to amend this list depending.

GOALS
see if I can cobble something together for Mids, depending...
get my lutz and lutz sequence back (brain screams "baby!" when I prepare to pick)
get my camel and camel comb back (morning sickness plus changing body geography rendered it gone on the eve of Buckeye)
Silver MITF
Silver free
find time for me or at least appreciate what will be diminished me time
persuade my yet-to-be-gender-determined child that a skating rink is a fun place to play

Skittl1321
11-16-2008, 01:53 PM
My goals from 2008:

1. Have a recognizable backspin Well it's recognizable, but it's not good
2. Have a 3+ revolution sit spin in position Guess it depends what you call a sit spin. My leg isn't far enough down, but I can do what looks like I might be trying to do a sitspin for 3 revolutions. My knee injury has prevented me from working much on this.
3. Be able to do a change edge spiral Nope- haven't really even tried, though we do go from a flat going forward to a flat going sideways in synchro
4. Pass Bronze Moves in the Field YES
5. Fix my toe loop so it is no longer a toe waltz No
6. Increase my general strength and flexibility I think this might actually have gotten worse.

My goals for 2009
1. Have a 5 revolution, pulled in, foot crossed backspin.
2. Have a 3+ revolution camel, that doesn't fall onto the inside edge (skipping the sitspin here)
3. Make reasonable progress towards testing Silver Moves
4. Be able to attempt a loop while moving.
5. Stop toe waltzing.
6. Increase flexibility, working towards a Y-spiral.

hanca
11-16-2008, 02:04 PM
In 2008:
I have passed level 1 program, level 2 and 3 field moves and hopefully I will still manage to pass level 2 elements.

I got my loop consistent, back spin much improved, learned sit spin and flip.

In 2009:
I would like to pass level 2 elements (if I don't manage that in December), level 3 elements, level 2 (and maybe 3) program, and level 4 field moves.

I would like to get flip consistent, start doing jump combo, learn parallel spin and learn lutz.

liz_on_ice
11-16-2008, 02:23 PM
My goals from 2008:

3. Be able to do a change edge spiral Nope- haven't really even tried, though we do go from a flat going forward to a flat going sideways in synchro

Ok, I'm mystified. How do you skate sideways on a flat? 8O

sk8_4fun
11-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Goals for 2008 were
A more consistently centred upright spin yes
A cross-toe spin yes
A sit spin. sadly not, not really made any progress on this at all:frus:

Level one in as many disciplines as I can, but hopefully at least dances and field moves. passed field moves, and free dance

Higher jumps and possibly to land a loop. yes, although loop is still small and quite stationary

Maybe??? To compete at an open dance competition. not quite but got second place in a club comp

Back 3-turns on both feet. oooh, not that good! one foot is getting there but I have a way to go to get the left foot sorted

Improvement in all the dances I’ve learned so far.

I also achieved a few things I didn't expect. spins overall are alot faster and more centred, Parallel spin is coming along and level 2 free dance will be testing in february. I'm working on level 1 elements and free, and level 1 compulsory dances.

Goals for 2009 are to pass the above and compete at bracknell adult open.
To work on that sit spin and possibly start learning flip. To get a backspin that goes round more than once would be nice too.:giveup:

Rusty Blades
11-16-2008, 02:34 PM
In 2008 I skated my first ever Freeskate at (Canadian) Adult Nationals after 2.5 years of skating and brought home a Bronze.

(AGE has got to have SOME advantages LOL! The lady who took Silver is an absolute sweetheart and I love her dearly. The Gold medalist went on to take Gold at Obersdorf so I can't complain.)

In 2009 I want to go back and do the same program at Nationals again, do it better, and get MORE POINTS for it!

Skittl1321
11-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Ok, I'm mystified. How do you skate sideways on a flat? 8O

Well we turn onto an edge to get back onto the flat, so it's not really a change edge spiral, but it's a change direction (from the long axis of the rink to the short axis of the rink).

AgnesNitt
11-16-2008, 03:23 PM
I should finish what I call Granma Delta by December. I'm *this* >< close to FI 3 turns--I can do everything else well execpt that 'hop'. I don't care if I don't get a badge--I'm not doing a bunny hop. 57 is just too old to be learning how to leave the ice for any reason. I'm crossing my fingers that ISI will cut me some slack when I go into figures and not insist I have passed formal Delta.
2009 Backwards 3 turns, forwards brackets, rockers, and counters. Or at least three of them. Coach wants me to do spins--no-no-no.

ibreakhearts66
11-16-2008, 04:20 PM
I didn't post my 2008 goals (although some of them are in my siggy). But I guess I'll go over my acheivments.

-I got all of my doubles consistent. In 2007, I only had through double loop consistent, and that wasn't even quite consistent enough to count on landing in a program.
-I got back into testing! I had tested my pre-preliminary moves and FS in March of 2004, quit in 2005, returned in August of 2007, then finally started testing again in June of 2008! So far, in 2008, I have passed my Preliminary and Pre-juv moves and FS. But I'm testing my Juvenile Moves (but not FS, test session is too short :() in December, so I have time for one more acheivement!
-I really, REALLY improved my back sit. I saw it in a video and vowed to fix, and now I'm pretty happy with it.
-I landed a little more than 1/4 turncheated double axels! I had said at one point that I would be happy with landing a 1/2 turn cheated double axel. I'm not happy with it NOW, but I did say that was a goal, so I suppose it's worth mentioning.

OK, 2009 goals.

-Pass my preliminary and pre-bronze dances
-Test through junior in moves and novice in FS
-Compete at Regionals in the Novice level.
-Get my double axel consistent
-Get two triples consistent
-Improve the overall quality of my skating. My confidence, speed, presentation, all that crap :D
-Improve my flying spins

FSWer
11-16-2008, 05:47 PM
In 2008 I skated my first ever Freeskate at (Canadian) Adult Nationals after 2.5 years of skating and brought home a Bronze.

(AGE has got to have SOME advantages LOL! The lady who took Silver is an absolute sweetheart and I love her dearly. The Gold medalist went on to take Gold at Obersdorf so I can't complain.)

In 2009 I want to go back and do the same program at Nationals again, do it better, and get MORE POINTS for it!

A very good goal Dianne.

badaxel
11-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Okay, here we go:

Goals for 2008:
-Compete at Sectionals at NOT come in last or next-to-last! WOOHOO! 2nd is definitely NOT last! Also, I came in 2d at Halloween Classic and won my 1st gold in spins at HC
-Land that axel in competition! 2, actually!
-Start landing some clean double salchows and toesnot clean yet, but I still have a month and a half, and I'm getting close!
-Get a Bielman or I spin or Y spin, depending on which way my body wants to bend first!I can get into the Y spin, but can't always rotate, and it's not pretty!
-Learn the pancake spinabandoning this in favor of the back camel
-Pass INT and Novice MIFpassed INT in June, just really starting on Novice b/c of the HC competition- but making good progress!!
-Maybe be brave and move up to Gold next year? okay..maybe THIS year!

2009 Goals: (it actuallly hurts to write "2009")
-Start landing double salchows and double toes
-Pass Novice MIF this school year
-Learn Junior MIF
-Pass Gold FS
-Get really good at the Y spin and back camel
-Have a really awesome spiral sequence
-Keep working on speed and presentation
-Build up my stamina to get through the longer program and novice MIF!

I think that's it... Good luck to everyone on reaching for their goals!

Kim to the Max
11-16-2008, 08:05 PM
It's still November, and I am still going to keep myself under the illusion that I will be able to land my axel clean in a month and a half...I will give an update closer to the first of the year :)

Although, coach thinks that I am going to land double sal/double toe way before an axel...and I'm pretty sure she is right...

coskater64
11-16-2008, 09:04 PM
2008 goals:
1. Live through 2nd hip surgery.-done
2. Learn to skate...for the 3rd time.-done
3. Pass all 4 levels of adult field moves.-done
4. Finish pre silver dance level.-done
5. Compete in fs get score of 20+ w/ all singles-done
6. Pass Intermediate Free dance-done

2009 goals:
1. Don't destroy new hip.
2. Pass Jr Moves
3. Pass Silver dances-adult-done
4. Pass Pre gold dances-adult-1 so far
5. Compete FS get score of 20-30 pts
6. Get 2 of 3 spins level 2+
7. Goal of 1 axel and one double and one 1/2 or 2/1 combo
8. Pass Novice Free Dance

Stop jumping every year July 1 - Oct 1. Give sychro a try.

FSWer
11-16-2008, 09:09 PM
For anyone with Synchro. as a goal. I will offer some links for help.

kander
11-16-2008, 09:22 PM
My main goal in 2008 was to get the axel back, which I did, but then proceeded to lose it.

2009:

1) Stay healthy
2) Maintain weight
3) Get axel (again)
4) Get more consistent on the doubles
5) Impress the ladies :D

Thin-Ice
11-17-2008, 07:26 AM
Wow... this is kind of depressing to look at.

2008 Goals:
-- Pass Silver FS (Did that 11/07)
-- Take and pass (and I consider those two separate events ) Juvenile MITF Still working on them, but they are getting closer. New goal is to take and pass them during spring/summer of 2009.
-- 6+ revs. on camel spin consistently Getting 4 most of the time now.
-- Sit/backsit in good position on both spins Positions are worse but I'm blaming it all on the torn cartilage in my left knee and not being able to practice the backsit to improve it until a couple weeks ago.
-- Do real FI & FO single twizzles FIs are actually looking like twizzles, haven't even worked on FOs.
-- Lutz/loop combination so it looks like it was intentional Wasn't able to even work on lutz, let alone lutz/loop until 2 weeks ago.. so obviously this is a no-go as well.

2009 Goals: (some of this will sound VERY familiar!)
--Take and pass Juvenile MITF Test
-- 6+ revs on camel spin consistently
--Sit/backsit in good position on both spins
--Lutz/loop combination so it looks like a real lutz/loop (not a "what was she trying to do?")
--FO single twizzles
--Work on good backspin, aim for 4+ revs in strong position
--MAYBE work on brackets, possibly a layback, perhaps work on a dramatic/artistic interp. program for AN 2010

jazzpants
11-17-2008, 01:07 PM
2009:

5) Impress the ladies :DNo pun intended but...FIGURES!!! :P

You don't quite have it right -- your jump prowess won't impress the ladies (unless we're talking "ladies" under the age of 10! :twisted: ) To impress the ladies you need to flash those greens so that people see you're rich enough to support her so she wouldn't need to work and spend all her time at the rink!!! LOL!!! :twisted: :P :lol:

flying~camel
11-17-2008, 02:07 PM
I don't remember what my 08 goals were, but I only have 2 goals for 09:

1. Pass Silver moves
2. Pass Silver freestyle

I decided that I will not be competing in freestyle until those happen, but I will still do interp & compulsory-style events.

FlyAndCrash
11-17-2008, 06:11 PM
Well, according to my coach, my 2008 goals are

learn and pass pre-juv moves
pass pre-juv free

I would much rather give up on moves, but that isn't happening.

My personal goals are

get a consistant double sal
get a semi-consistant double loop
do a better axel with a real kick-through and some height
and to do a layback in position to a passing six revolutions (ISI).

Let's see:

I did pass both my prejuv moves and free. And next month, I will be testing my juv. moves! I'm excited to be done with them but nervous at the same time. I have a semi-consistant double sal and a non-existant double loop (I gave up on the loop to concentrate more on the sal and haven't had time to go back to it). My axel has height, but it still lacks a real kick-through. And about the layback, I haven't done that many of them lately, so I guess that one is a bust.

2009 Goals:
Place in at least one comp (UDel, UPenn, and/or (hopefully if we go) nationals) - I got third in my first and only comp so far last month, and want to do as well or improve!

Test Int. Moves - Hopefully I will pass my juv moves next month. My school is hosting a test session in March, and the coach here wants me to test then. 8O At the very least, I know my coach back home will want theses tested by the end of summer...

Test Juv. Free - I know that I can do everything, but I can't test up now because all the juv spots are full on the team, and the fact that I'm placing well in pre-juv. But hopefully I can take the test over the summer.

Get a better flying camel, back camel, and back sit - I can kinda do these, but I really want to be able to have them much more consistant.

Re-learn and work on my flying sit - I have been ignoring this spin for so long!

Consistant Double Sal - It is getting so close!

Work on and achieve semi-consistant double loop - I've done them before...

flo
11-17-2008, 06:40 PM
2008 - 14th Adult Nationals, 10th national medal. Met some new friends and had a great time. I had the chance to skate to something very different this year and I loved it. I've started skating with a new partner and we've competed at one event.

2009 - 15th ?!!? Nationals. I've picked my music - something very simple, and hope to learn some new edges and play with new footwork. Having fun with pairs - picking out music for a new program.

starskate6.0
11-19-2008, 07:18 PM
1. Have 2 spins each with 9 revolutions and fast. Land all doubles, Entertain , Entertain, Entertain.
2. Applause ( Medal optional)
3. Showing up comes to mind too..:roll:

CoachPA
11-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Pass my PSA Basic Accreditation Exam, which I have to have completed (online) by mid-February.

celticprincess
11-21-2008, 05:42 PM
Jumps:
-Get nice height and consistant singles(Yes I have to say for the most part my singles are consistant and have nice height)
-Land my axel Still haven't yet, but it's close
-Start my double salchow Yes I did start learning a double salchow and its sooooo close I can taste it.

Spins:
-Keep my scratch spin Somedays are better than others
-Try to straighten my free leg more on my sit spin Getting so much better with that
-Camel Spin(everything about it) Ehh, well it's better than it was
-Get my cool combo spin consistant My camel, sit, back sit, back scratch is pretty cool
-Make my attitude spin even prettier Yeah I turned it into a layback:-)
-Make up some cool looking spins and get them consistant Well my oh so original flying broken leg spin is very consistant and looks neat when I do it right.
-Keep my flying broken leg spin(try to jump alittle higher and hold it longer) See above comment
-Try not to jump out of my backspin Been doing sooo much better with that.

Others:
-Choregraph my 'modern' artistic program Yep, thats choreographed with another artistic and 2 showcases..I've been getting very creative.
-Make it look pretty and unique yeah they're unique in their own way
-Try to stretch more on my spirals..get free leg higher Sorta kinda
-Make good use of my skating time Absolutely. I've been making a list of goals/guidelines and have been finding that very useful
-Try to stretch my leg more on my beilman Once again sorta kind
-Get the more 'dancelike' moves consistant My aerial barriels, backward leapy thing, the chaines, the stag, the piques, the ballet moves in my 'Music Box' programme. Yeah they're consistant.
-Perhaps start my 'spotlight' program Finished both of them..:-)
-Convince enough people at my club that we should have an actual theme to our show, rather than random numbers..No

Goals for 2009: Well first of all from Jan-June I will be off ice at Massage Therapy school, so you can discount half the year. But here's what I would like to see or work on when I get back:
-Remember all my programmes
-Keep all my single jumps and spins
-Of course land the axel and my double sal
-Perhaps compete in the Fall or Winter at adult gold level
-How about being able to come back to the ice by the Fall or late summer? Thats a good enough goal.

Skate@Delaware
11-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Everytime I set skating goals, something BAD happens, so I'm not gonna do it this time! 8O

I'm still recovering from my back surgery. I have "issues" that pop up in surprising ways. Although I had a herniation that affected my left leg, it affected the balance on my right side as well (especially noticed on forward clockwise crossovers). Hmmmm don't know why???

Sloooowly getting things back together and just now (nine months later) thinking about a routine for competition. Trying to keep from getting depressed but at least I'm skating so that's good.

Gave up wanting the flip this year. And I'll be in clinicals next year so there's that. Oh well. On the plus side, I'm closer to my loop.

momsk8er
11-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Here were my 2008 Goals

- pass Pre-Bronze moves: done
- pass Bronze moves: retry
- pas Pre-Bronze free: done
- land loop and flip: landed loop
- perfect camel spin: not perfect by a long shot
- get closer to decent back spin: definitely closer
- get back 3's: 2 out of 4

Now my 2009 Goals

- pass Bronze moves
- improve loop, get flip
- perfect camel spin
- get low on sit spin
- have a program
- get back 3's

sk8tegirl06
11-21-2008, 06:58 PM
2008 Goals:
Pass more tests (some combination of pre moves, pre fs, and/or prejuv moves)- Had to be pushed to January/February due to alternating 3s....

Camel Spin- Just really started this last week

Layback Spin- Not happening this year

Loop Jump- Finally landed 11/19!!

Flip Jump- The basics are there. I'm not giving up on getting this one before January

Lutz Jump- The basics are there, but probably not till next year.

Attempts at axels- Definitely not till next year

Spread Eagle/Ina Baur- Been working on spread eagle position, but yet to actually complete one.

2009 Goals:
Camel Spin
Layback Spin
Lutz
Axel
Pass at least 2 tests
Compete at least once in adult levels

SkaterBird
11-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Let's see - my 2008 goals were:
Test (and pass) Pre-Bronze Moves - no
Test (and pass) Pre-Bronze Freestyle - no again
Finish my master's degree (not a skating goal, but skating has had to make way) - finally. Finally!!

2009 goals (skating only)
Test and pass Pre-Bronze moves and freestyle
Test and pass Bronze moves and freestyle
Be ready to skate a program at ANs in Bloomington.

Depending on whatever my work hours turn out to be (when I get a job, that is), I'll be able to schedule regular lessons and practice for a change without having to worry about exams and the like. So maybe I'll make some progress this year!

Mimi

Scarlett
11-22-2008, 05:17 PM
2008 goals

1. test preliminary dances- Tested and passed
2. sit spin- Nope
3. pass ISI 3/4 - Nope...Still cannot do a change foot spin or a sit spin...Can we see a pattern
4. Begin work on axel - Nada

2009 Goals

1. test prebronze dances
2. consider testing bronze moves
3. do at least one competition
4. sit spin
5. again begin work on axel

sk8lady
11-22-2008, 07:15 PM
2008 goals:

Pass Hickory Hoedown and Willow Waltz--quit dance instead
Get fairly consistent backspin--done
get another consistent jump--have loop but not consistently
go to Adult Nationals and place above last (not that there's anything wrong with that)-done

2009 goals:

Get loop consistently
take bronze free if I can find a coach who will give me a lesson every week for a month before the test
not injure shoulder, back, or any other major body parts including feet

Morgail
11-30-2008, 08:27 PM
2008 goals:

Met:
-pass Rhythm Blues and Canasta Tango
-start working on next level of dances
-point my toes more in dance
-get better progressives
-pass Silver Moves
-pass Silver Freestyle
-get lutz consistent
-make all single jumps higher
-start working on axel
-get a 6-rev backspin and 6-rev camel
-make camel faster and straighten my legs
-make camel-sit stronger with a real sit
-lower both forward and back sit spin
-get a 3-rev forward sit - 3-rev backsit
-improve my forward crossovers so they aren't so steppy
-get higher spirals
-lose 10 lbs
-have Gold Moves close to testing standard
-get close to landing axel
-test at least one dance from the next level up
-start flying camel
-work on back camel-back sit
-be able to do forward and back catch-foot spirals on both feet

Not Met:
-get salchow timing under control
-get lutz unflutzed
-get a 3-rev back camel
-get my layback to layback more
-do splits
-be able to do a catch-camel
-start working on a double
-compete at least once

Not too bad!

2009 Goals:

-stay injury-free
-pass Gold Moves
-pass Fiesta Tango
-pass Swing
-start working on next level of dances
-land axel
-get a stag jump that looks like one
-pass Gold Freestyle
-compete at least once
-get splits on both sides
-start working on double salchow
-start working on double toe
-land axel-toe loop OR axel-loop
-get salchow timing under control
-keep forward camel consistent
-be able to do a catch camel
-be able to do a layback that looks like a layback
-get flying camel higher and consistent
-get camel-back camel consistent
-get sit-back sit and back camel-back sit consistent
-get a lower back sit
-3-rev back sit in isolation
-faster camel-sit
-get a stronger back spin exit
-get even higher spirals
-hold a spread eagle (inside or outside) for 3 seconds
-lose 10 more lbs

IceSkateRuth
12-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Ok my fellow skaters!!!! Time to tell me what your goals are as a skater for the year 2009. I'll start. I'm a Learn to skate skater,and my goals are to become a better skater and get to the Rink more. Anyone else?

i have the same goals and i'm in learn-to-skate too :) mines might be a bit crazy but i know anything is possible! I want to learn a spiral, a lutz, a salchow, an axel, a toe loop, the loop, a flip, a camel spin, and even the biellman spin.. i know i sound crazy but if i had the chance to practice i would work as hard as could. but those are my goals in skating for 2009 and i would love to skate in spring in summer too so i can get better because the rink that's currently skating at closes in april and opens in september.

Terri C
12-01-2008, 07:01 PM
I only had one goal for 2008 and that was to pass the Bronze Freestyle test. After that, while the Magical Skating Fairy did not reward me with a flip, lutz or a camel, she did manage to give me a lower and more consistent sitspin.

Now that I've done that (HURRAY!!), the goal for 2009 is to skate two clean programs at Adult Easterns and AN.
After that, start working in earnest on Silver moves.

aussieskater
12-01-2008, 07:24 PM
(Gulp) When it's in writing, there's no going back...

By the end of 09, I'd like to have passed any combination of the following (heck, I'd take any single one at this point!):

* Elementary 2 dances (Fiesta and Swing);
* Any single Primary dance (Foxtrot, European, Silver Samba, 14Step) - but have to pass both E2 dances first (see above);
* Elementary 1 figure test.

I won't get all of them, but one would be nice...

Mrs Redboots
12-02-2008, 06:25 AM
My goal is primarily to keep skating and have fun! Given the pre-Bronze dances for this year, we don't have a hope of winning against our dearest enemies - the dances favour them, rather than us. But this means we cn relax and have fun trying!

Plus I'm seriously wondering whether we might not just have a go at Bronze Pairs.... probably not, but we might play around with some of the elements and see if we can do everything required.

Isk8NYC
11-11-2009, 12:57 PM
I didn't set any goals, which is good because I don't think I achieved anything, lol.

Just bumping this for those of you who want to check their progress. I've added a poll at the top, just for fun.

ibreakhearts66
11-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Life definitely got in the way.

My goals were,

-Pass my preliminary and pre-bronze dances
-Test through junior in moves and novice in FS
-Compete at Regionals in the Novice level.
-Get my double axel consistent
-Get two triples consistent
-Improve the overall quality of my skating. My confidence, speed, presentation, all that crap
-Improve my flying spins

Accomplishments:
-I tested zero dances
-I tested through Intermediate in moves and Juv in FS (I wanted to test through JUNIOR?! What was I on and can I get me some more of that?!)
-I competed at regionals, but at Open-Juv
-No consistent double axel, but getting much, much closer. Had to stop seriously working on them, though, to focus on KEEPING my other doubles while sick and passing tests.
-No triples, either, although they were far from tragic when I attempted them a few weeks ago after not trying any since the summer (and even then it was only occasional).
-I DID improve the overall quality of my skating. Quite a bit, actually, when I look back on my competition from 2008
-I DID improve my flying spins (although still no consistent death drop).

I guess there's still hope for me to at least LAND some clean double axels by the end of the year.

Mel On Ice
11-11-2009, 11:03 PM
I can't believe I didn't list my '08 goals, and I need to severely amend what I can do in '09. I may have to amend this list depending.

GOALS
see if I can cobble something together for Mids, depending...
get my lutz and lutz sequence back (brain screams "baby!" when I prepare to pick)
get my camel and camel comb back (morning sickness plus changing body geography rendered it gone on the eve of Buckeye)
Silver MITF
Silver free
find time for me or at least appreciate what will be diminished me time
persuade my yet-to-be-gender-determined child that a skating rink is a fun place to play

I was only able to judge Mids, but considering I gave birth two weeks later..
Lutz is back, and in combo, but I don't have it in a sequence this year.
Camel and combo - back!
Silver moves - passed!
silver free - I suppose I will start working on putting a test program together.
Finding time for me has been ok, as hubby works it out and I find that time WITH the baby works at the rink too thanks to a lot of compassionate and loving babysitting skaters.

Oh yeah, then there was that little event that me, flying camel and a few others hosted...