View Full Version : Basel Switzerland Ice Dance Competition & Artistic

eliza1
11-13-2008, 09:00 AM
Just a quick announcement -- a new adult competition in Switzerland for 2009!! Having met one of the Swiss ladies at the ISU Adult Competition in May this year, she was trying to organize an Artistic competition to link with their existing Ice Dance comp (solos and couples), I have just received an e-mail with the unofficial annoucement! It has been approved by the officials at her club, however, we are just waiting on the official annoucement.

The event will take place on 31 January 2009, at the ice rink in Margarethenpark in Basel -- starting in the late afternoon. The regulations for the Artistic will follow what Rhea Schwartz just sent to Oberstdorf for the ISU Adult Competition in May 2009. As soon as I receive the official announcement, I will post it!

kateskate
11-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Ooo how exciting. And coincidental since I am working in Basel at the moment until March.

I look forward to the information

eliza1
11-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Hi Kateskate,

If you would like to e-mail me then I will give you the name of the lady in Switzerland that I met in Oberstdorf -- she is really nice and a great skater! I assume you can get my e-mail from this forum -- if not, let me know and I will post it!

Mrs Redboots
11-14-2008, 06:42 AM
Hi Kateskate,

If you would like to e-mail me then I will give you the name of the lady in Switzerland that I met in Oberstdorf -- she is really nice and a great skater! I assume you can get my e-mail from this forum -- if not, let me know and I will post it!

Don't post your e-mail address in a public forum; you never know who is reading. Use the private message facility instead - much safer!

Sadly, I doubt we'll be up for this competition as we've already arranged a holiday in January that will use up most of the rest of Husband's available holiday time for 2008-9. Maybe, if it will be held another year, we could know about it a little earlier?

eliza1
11-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Thanks, Mrs Redboots!! Not thinking!!

Mrs Redboots
11-15-2008, 09:03 AM
Incidentally, when you do get more details, can you post them, or post a link to them? We may not be able to go, but I have friends who may well be interested.

eliza1
11-15-2008, 09:05 AM
Of course!! As soon as I receive the detailed information it will be posted!