View Full Version : mainstreetdancewear.com!! Awesome

herniated
11-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Hi All,
I know this there was a thread this year all ready about Mainstreet but... I just ordered a dress from them and it is Beeautifullll!!! It is a navy blue 'tank' dress with mesh straps, mesh overlay and double mesh skirt. For about 60 bucks with shipping! It fits GREAT, and so far seems very comfortable. I haven't worn it yet on the ice but I believe it will feel great. How can you beat that? Unless of course you sew your own which I do not.

I bought it for my artistic program, which is an old one for me but I was sick of the dress I was wearing. And I plan to keep this program for another season. Anyway, just wanted to share.

Skittl1321
11-08-2008, 04:21 PM
I LOVE Mainstreetdancewear- I have one of their dresses, and it's my absolute favorite- I have like 10 more on my wishlist.

Riversedgedancewear carries some of their styles, but for less then Mainstreet's own website. (The USFSA store also carries some of their dresses- but I haven't looked at their prices.)

blackmanskating
11-10-2008, 12:17 AM
Kewl Beans!!! Maybe I should check them out and see what kinda stuff they have for guys!!!!

BlackManSkating

Thin-Ice
11-10-2008, 02:57 AM
Hi All,
I know this there was a thread this year all ready about Mainstreet but... I just ordered a dress from them and it is Beeautifullll!!! It is a navy blue 'tank' dress with mesh straps, mesh overlay and double mesh skirt. For about 60 bucks with shipping! How can you beat that? Unless of course you sew your own which I do not.

I had to chuckle at your last comment. It would be hard to find the fabric, zipper/closures, thread.... for that little. Especially the mesh... and that doesn't even take into consideration the sewing time.... so truly enjoy your new beautiful dress, knowing you probably couldn't even make it for what you paid!

Skittl1321
11-10-2008, 08:07 AM
Kewl Beans!!! Maybe I should check them out and see what kinda stuff they have for guys!!!!

BlackManSkating

Don't think they have a mens line yet- this is only the second season of the women's line. It's an "off the rack" line from the woman who does http://figureskatewear.com/ through Main Street Dance. It doesn't appear Main street has much in the way of men's dance clothes either (I only found flamenco pants).

herniated
11-10-2008, 11:00 AM
I had to chuckle at your last comment. It would be hard to find the fabric, zipper/closures, thread.... for that little. Especially the mesh... and that doesn't even take into consideration the sewing time.... so truly enjoy your new beautiful dress, knowing you probably couldn't even make it for what you paid!

I was thinking the same thing. I used to sew 'regular' clothes a long time ago and it can get very expensive never mind your time like you said. AND the special sewing machines needed to sew the stretch fabric. Uggh.

Well, I wore it today on the ice and it is VERY comfortable and I felt good in it. I should be getting the rhinestones today or tomorrow and can't wait to start putting them on. That's my favorite part!!

badaxel
11-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Herniated- How's the length of the skirt on that gorgeous new dress of yours? They look a little short in the photos, but they are all photos of kids. Are the adult skirts a little longer? I was actually thinking of asking for one of their dresses for Christmas, so I could bead it up, too!

Thanks!

vesperholly
11-10-2008, 08:39 PM
I love, love, love the mesh long-sleeve dress on their website! I want it in every color!

herniated
11-11-2008, 08:15 AM
Herniated- How's the length of the skirt on that gorgeous new dress of yours? They look a little short in the photos, but they are all photos of kids. Are the adult skirts a little longer? I was actually thinking of asking for one of their dresses for Christmas, so I could bead it up, too!

Thanks!

Hi badaxel! The length is freestyle length but it has good coverage. I wouldn't say it's longer but in proportion to the size you choose. Does that make sense? I don't like short, short skirts when you are just standing still and you can see the panty/part of your butt8O... and this skirt falls (for lack of a better way to explain it) about two inches or so past the panty line/ crease of butt.

Hope that helps!!

badaxel
11-13-2008, 06:33 PM
this skirt falls (for lack of a better way to explain it) about two inches or so past the panty line/ crease of butt.

Hope that helps!!

Thanks, Herniated! Of course, it probably depends on the size of one's butt!! In my case, the skirt will be way too short! :P

Skittl1321
11-14-2008, 07:42 AM
Thanks, Herniated! Of course, it probably depends on the size of one's butt!! In my case, the skirt will be way too short! :P

I have a big butt and I'm happy with their skirt length- the skirt is longer in the back then the front, for the style I got at least (I got the cross back that has piping along the sides of it- in pink/black).

herniated
11-14-2008, 11:08 AM

You are waaayyy to funny! :lol: My butt is considered... very ..round8O. Not huge mind you but I definitely have a butt. No flat butt here.