View Full Version : It's that time again.... well soon anyway

sk8_4fun
11-07-2008, 01:25 PM
I was wondering what people will be getting their coaches for Christmas this year? I know we did this last year but I thought it would be fun to do it again. :D

sk8tmum
11-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Booze and chocolate. Anyone who is having to survive my kids' skating careers probably needs both to restore their sanity ... besides, they do the happy dance when they get the stuff.

Bill_S
11-07-2008, 04:38 PM
A useful book... "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie.

Just kidding! :lol::lol::lol:

I'm actually coachless this year. Still, I've seen coaches that could use this book!

Kim to the Max
11-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Coach lost one of the mittens I made her last year :twisted: :roll:, so her and another skating friend I have are getting handmade mittens and scarves...

jazzpants
11-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Well, my secondary coach is one of two things. She is going on a diet and trying to lose weight for an event that she's going to (not skating related. Since she is now doing a lot of walking, I was thinking of getting her either a pedometer or a heart rate monitor (probably a heart rate monitor...) to help her keep track of her progress.

The other coaches will probably just get a Starbucks card b/c I can't think of anything else to give them.

AgnesNitt
11-07-2008, 05:29 PM
My coach is also on a 'diet' (ICIT IEATIT) but rather than give her Godiva (last year's gift) I'm giving her a crystal and silver nut dish with spoon ($4 at the SPCA rumage sale) filled with fancy shmancy soaps. You can't go wrong with fancy shmancy soaps.

jskater49
11-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Gift card to Panera. She loves the bagels.

j

MQSeries
11-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Coach lost one of the mittens I made her last year

Are you sure it wasn't "lost" on purpose? Just saying ... :lol:

I think it's hard to give someone gifts that you expect that person to display in her home or wear unless you're 100% sure you know the person's taste.

dbny
11-07-2008, 07:52 PM
A useful book... "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie.

Just kidding! :lol::lol::lol:

I actually know a couple of coaches (not mine) who could really use that book - if they would read it!

I can't talk about it, since my coach checks in here every once in a great while.

Morgail
11-07-2008, 09:15 PM
My coach really liked the goodie basket I gave her last year with useful stuff in it (gloves, chapstick, chocolate, those toasty hands things, little thing of kleenex, packets of tea, etc). I totally got the idea from someone on here :bow:

Not sure if I'll do the same this year or something new.

Skittl1321
11-07-2008, 09:32 PM
One is getting a nice bottle of vodka, one is getting a Panera gift card, one I'm still unsure about.

doubletoe
11-07-2008, 11:46 PM
For my secondary coach, a massage certificate with my fantabuous masseuse.
For my primary coach, probably a bottle of sparkling wine (he says he doesn't drink, but always suggests I bring a bottle of wine for us to share whenever I come over to help him with his computer, LOL)
For my MIF coach, I think a Thermos car coffee mug, since I overheard her saying her coffee always gets cold on the way to the rink (and the Thermos brand was rated highest of those tested on some talk show I saw)

Kim to the Max
11-08-2008, 07:12 AM
Are you sure it wasn't "lost" on purpose? Just saying ... :lol:

I think it's hard to give someone gifts that you expect that person to display in her home or wear unless you're 100% sure you know the person's taste.

I understand :) I sure hope it wasn't "lost" on purpose! She has asked for another pair because she had lost the one....the old ones were WARM!!

herniated
11-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Last year I got my coach a gift card to Starbucks and some of thier cookies. He loved it.

One year I got him a gift card to Barnes & Noble but I don't think he appreciated it. I figured he is always buying music so....

silverskater55
11-08-2008, 05:40 PM
My coaches will be given homemade jam (raspberry, passionfruit and geranium) and homemade chocolate cake or geranium cake.

kander
11-09-2008, 01:09 AM
I'm giving the universal gift: MONEY! It's a bonus for all the extra time he's given me without charging for it. Not very imaginative, but always most appreciated.

Kevin

Mrs Redboots
11-09-2008, 04:23 AM
Red wine for him, goodie-bag for her (home-made, with various home-made and other goodies in it); soap for everybody as usual and probably a box of biscuits to go in the pros' room, also as usual.

hanca
11-09-2008, 05:30 AM
My coaches will be given homemade jam (raspberry, passionfruit and geranium) and homemade chocolate cake or geranium cake.

Oh, silverskater, can I coach you? :) Not that I could skate that well that I would be able to coach anyone, but for homemade jam (passion fruit and geranium) and homemade chocolate cake or geranium cake I would do anything. :lol: :halo: