View Full Version : Hooks separating from skates

Skittl1321
10-27-2008, 01:03 PM
I noticed this weekend that my top hook is starting to pull apart from the leather on the skate. Is there anything I can do to slow down this seperation? (Drop of super glue?)

I really don't want to buy new boots anytime soon!

Black Sheep
10-27-2008, 05:53 PM
I took my skate to a shoe-repair shop called Montclair's in Chicago, and in less than half a day they had if glued back on. So, if you can find a good "cobbler" near you, I'm sure they can fix it! ;)

Clarice
10-27-2008, 06:05 PM
I had that happen some years ago. When the hook pulled out, I just had the cobbler replace it with an eyelet instead. I had him do the other boot, too, so they felt the same.

Kim to the Max
10-27-2008, 06:07 PM
This happened to my first new pair of Harlicks years ago...first time I skated in them, the hooks just popped straight out...we sent them back and they were fixed quickly...

black
10-28-2008, 03:38 PM
I had that happen some years ago. When the hook pulled out, I just had the cobbler replace it with an eyelet instead. I had him do the other boot, too, so they felt the same.

Me too - the top ones. It's a bit fiddly to start with, but I've got used to it now. The cobbler was actually quite impressed that I'd managed to pull them since they were of good quality.

Mrs Redboots
10-29-2008, 08:31 AM

Same happened to Husband, twice, with his old skates.