View Full Version : Halloween Classic schedule posted.

stacyf419
10-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Just noticed it!
http://www.helgayang.net/HalloweenClassicSchedule.aspx

flo
10-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Team events at 8:00 AM 8O
The last time I competed at 8:00 am it was bronze free, and I was still asleep. it was a very fluid and soft program!

I make Dracula look like a morning person.

mikawendy
10-24-2008, 07:07 PM
FYI to those who checked the schedule before today: The Sunday event times have changed (and so have the Sunday practice ice times).

Stormy
10-24-2008, 07:17 PM
Thanks for that heads up, mikawendy!!! Ugh, now I'm even earlier in the morning.

sexyskates
10-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Also, be aware that Daylight Savings Time will end at 2:00 AM early Sunday morning, and we will get an extra hour to sleep. So the 8:00 AM start will still feel like 9:00 AM!

Terri C
10-25-2008, 05:18 AM
As long as they continue to put the Ladies Bronze III free on Sunday afternoon toward the end of the competition, I will not be coming. It's a five hour drive home for me.
That's why I chose not to sign up.

patatty
10-29-2008, 10:26 AM
They have also posted skater groups on the schedule page. There are some big groups there - Silver I/II Freestyle has 9 of us together!

herniated
10-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Hey patatty,

Have a great time this weekend!! I'll be thinking of you!!

flo
10-30-2008, 10:08 PM
There are a good number of interpretive pair/duet/trio's, and three teams.
Should be fun.. early, but fun.

stacyf419
10-31-2008, 04:05 PM
Good luck to everyone this weekend. I look forward to meeting some of you!

Mrs Redboots
11-01-2008, 08:52 AM
Have fun, everybody! And tell us all about it, please....

2salch0w
11-01-2008, 07:20 PM
This just in ... Halloween Classic turns into StacyPalooza! Our own Stacyf419 walks away with 3 silvers and 1 bronze. She did an especially awesome job on her free skate - way to go!

Good luck on day 2 everyone.

Tim

Have fun, everybody! And tell us all about it, please....

Terri C
11-02-2008, 08:26 AM
This just in ... Halloween Classic turns into StacyPalooza! Our own Stacyf419 walks away with 3 silvers and 1 bronze. She did an especially awesome job on her free skate - way to go!

Congrats, Stacy!! Are you doing NYI in February?

flo
11-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Congrats to Stormy on her first silver event (and thanks for the goodie bag!) and congrats to Mika on a beautiful skate and the silver medal.

Our falling leaf team had a great time and placed second. With the exception of my spin, it was a strong performance all around.

More later - nap time!!!!!!!!

Stormy
11-02-2008, 02:40 PM
I was in Gold, Flo! I think you're thinking of flutzilla! :) I was very happy with my skate, but ended up last which I was pretty sure I'd be for a few reasons. 1. That was a tough group of awesome skaters. 2. I only had one axel not in combination, and my double sal was rotated but with a wonky two footed landing. 3. The program is sorely lacking on chorography right now, right now it was back to a basic layout before we can totally re-do it....it will NOT look like that at NYI and Easterns!!! But I was happy with the skate overall. I didn't really get to see much of the competition since we just did quick trip there and back. BUT----THANKS Flutzilla for the goodie bag, love the magnet!! AND---thanks to Dcden for yelling out Go Stormy as I skated out, and to NoVa for the little bear, I love it! And now I'm back home resting and taking advantage of the little weekend time I had left.

stacyf419
11-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Right back atcha Tim with your GOLD in Silver Comp Moves and GOLD IN MEN'S SILVER FREE!!! Plus a bronze with your new partner - not too shabby. :bow::bow::bow:

I had such a great time and met the nicest people - I can't believe how friendly and helpful everyone was. What a great feeling to skate with such talented adults - gave me so much to aspire to.

And I didn't know about the NYI but I'll look it up - is there a website? I'm officially addicted to competing.

mikawendy
11-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Thanks, flo! Your footwork in the team event was great.

Stormy, I'm sorry I missed your FS event! I was getting hair/makeup/etc. ready for my FS event and lost track of the event schedule. :twisted:

flutzilla, the second goodie bag that you gave me I threw on the ice for a friend who skated in Bronze IV/V. :)

badaxel--it was great seeing you again!

Congrats to everyone who participated. It was a lot of fun! And thank you to the organizing committee and the others who volunteered their time. :bow::bow:

Edited to add: looks like the photos are up: www.northlightphotos.com (http://www.northlightphotos.com). Once selecting the event, it seems like the web site redirects to a site called www.weddingprints.com, but it is pics from the competition.

flo
11-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Doh! Flutzilla!

It was great fun. My partner and I had a really fun skate, and it was great to see everyone.

Mrs Redboots
11-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Sounds like you've all had a great time. Congratulations to those who were pleased with how they skated, and commiserations to those who weren't, wherever you finished up!

Flo, who are you skating with these days?

flo
11-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Hi Mrs. R. I'm skating with a fellow from my rink, Dennis. He's a strong single skater and was interested in learning pairs. We started a few months ago and thought that the interpretive pairs would be fun. We've been having a great time.

starskate6.0
11-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Happy to hear a lot of people had a great time this year.
I am sorry I could not be there to help out or skate this year , I had to fly the whole weekend.. :roll: and I didn't hit the ground till after 8:30 on Sunday night. But congrats to you all and thank you so much for showing up at my clubs Adult event ..
Your mate Ross
:)

Mrs Redboots
11-04-2008, 08:17 AM
Hi Mrs. R. I'm skating with a fellow from my rink, Dennis. He's a strong single skater and was interested in learning pairs. We started a few months ago and thought that the interpretive pairs would be fun. We've been having a great time.
Interp pairs is the only form of pairs skating I'll willingly contemplate - and at that, it has to be a piece where you can act more than skate! We have done one or two pieces that have gone down very well....

Be good to see you doing your routine at the Mountain Cup; any hope????

flo
11-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Hi, Mrs. R - I'd love to go again! I have to wait and see what the $$ will be doing.
We really had a great time and I like being able to have time to skate!

ETA: maybe now the $$ will be better and a trip to the Mountain Cup can be in our future!

NoVa Sk8r
11-08-2008, 12:10 PM
Results are posted:
http://www.helgayang.net/HalloweenClassicResults.aspx

badaxel
11-14-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm very disappointed right now because I finally got my DVD and sat down to watch it. It cuts out in the middle of the 4th skater!! I was the 8th skater, so I don't even have my own video now. I called them and left a message, and I'm not sure my tone was entirely polite. Did anyone else have a problem? The other videos from them in the past seemed to be of much higher quality. This one doesn't even have a cover paper on the box!

mikawendy
11-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Ooh, thanks for the warning. My DVD hasn't come yet, but I also ordered the entire flight for my FS event. I'll make sure to check mine to see if the entire group is there.

patatty
11-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Has everybody received their DVDs yet? I haven't received mine, and I lost the paperwork. Can somebody tell me the name of the company so that I can follow up? Thanks. Badaxel - I think I was in your group, so I hope my video doesn't cut me out too (I was 7th to skate that day!).

mikawendy
11-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Mine finally came. Well, it turned out that the post office had it as early as 11/14 (they said they left notice of the package, but we only got the more recent note saying we had to pick it up by x date or it would be returned to sender). A helpful man at the post office gave me a number to call b/c he said they've been trying work with this issue with the letter carriers.

I ordered the entire flight, and all the skaters in my group were indeed included.

It was Productions East video. I'm not sure of the phone # but maybe it's Googleable?

patatty
11-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the info. I actually received a message from them yesterday, saying that the post office had returned my video with the stamp "no such address". That's news to me, since I have lived there for 10 years. Hopefully I'll get it when they resend it.

badaxel
12-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Patatty-
Did you ever get your video?? I'm STILL waiting for mine!!!!! I've called so many times I've lost count!!!!! Every time they say they'll check and call me back, which they don't, or I leave a message and never hear back!!! AAAAAHHHHHH! I'm never, ever, ever ordering a video from these shmucks again! (Can I say that on here??):x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

stacyf419
12-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Patatty-
Did you ever get your video?? I'm STILL waiting for mine!!!!! I've called so many times I've lost count!!!!! Every time they say they'll check and call me back, which they don't, or I leave a message and never hear back!!! AAAAAHHHHHH! I'm never, ever, ever ordering a video from these shmucks again! (Can I say that on here??):x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

That's a real shame - I had called a few days after the competition and asked them if and when it was going out, and they looked up my name while I was on hold and told me when it was sent - got it a few days later.

If you get a live person on the line, don't let them hang up - tell them you'll hold, or ask to speak to the manager! It must be so frustrating.

patatty
12-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Patatty-

I did finally get my video last week. I'm sorry you didn't get yours, but if it's any consolation, your program looked fantastic. I can only hope to skate like that someday. I envy that axel! I hope you get your video soon so that you can see it!