View Full Version : What is your fav. Competition as a competitor...and why?

FSWer
10-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Say,I don't think this has ever been talked about. But what is your fav. competition as a competitor.....and why?

Mrs Redboots
10-22-2008, 05:11 AM
The Mountain Cup - it's our main holiday of the year, we see friends from all over the world, quite literally, it's brilliantly run and I just love being in the Alps anyway.

Rusty Blades
10-22-2008, 10:11 AM
(Canadian) Adult Nationals! :mrgreen:

Mel On Ice
10-22-2008, 10:24 AM
US Adult Nationals - it's a week long slumber party with my best skating friends, meeting up with friends I haven't seen all year, and meeting new friends.

Every time I skate at Nationals, I have a sense of pride that I am doing something the typical middle-aged woman wouldn't do.

I love feeling like I'm part of something bigger than me, that being the adult skating community.

I love making my throwie bags.

I love introducing a new adult skater to the experience.

What I'd love most of all is the finally get a freakin' medal to validate all my hard work, but that's not going to happen this next year. But I'd rather have a baby anyway.

flying~camel
10-22-2008, 10:56 AM
I'm with Mel. US Adult Nationals is my absolute favorite!

I get to hang out with old & new friends in a new location every year and it's a blast!

Sessy
10-22-2008, 01:11 PM
I haven't done a lot of competing in figure skating but so far I've liked competitions for adults better. People aren't trying to scratch each other's eyes out and have the decency to be civil to each other, that's why.

techskater
10-22-2008, 05:00 PM
US Adult Nationals BY FAR! It's a week long get away dedicated to my passion (as opposed to my work)!!! I spend the week with my best girl friends and get to see so many people I only see 1-2 times per year. :)