View Full Version : NJ Skating Forums Meetup

Isk8NYC
10-21-2008, 01:14 PM
This is really short notice, I know, but here goes...

I am in New Jersey for a few days (leaving Thursday afternoon) and I might be able to meet up with a few of our garden state members.

I can travel to rinks about an hours' drive from Newark.

Anyone up for a meetup?

renatele
10-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Replied to you already privately :) but will post here, too. I'll be at Floyd Hall in Montclair on Thursday for the 9:20-10:50 am adult-only public.

FSWer
10-21-2008, 05:50 PM
I still wish some of you would come out to were I live. I'd love to meet you.

Isk8NYC
10-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Replied to you already privately :) but will post here, too. I'll be at Floyd Hall in Montclair on Thursday for the 9:20-10:50 am adult-only public.
I think I'll join you! I won't know for certain until late tomorrow, depends on my meeting workload. (Gak! lol)

I have a skate sharpening appt tomorrow, so I'll be unable to skate, no doubt.

dbny
10-22-2008, 10:06 AM
I thought "SF" meant you were going to San Francisco! :lol:

I would love to join you, but I'm not going to be able to because older DD is the hospital. I hope she'll be out by Thurs, but I'll be shredded anway. I posted about it in the parlor.

Isk8NYC
10-22-2008, 11:04 AM
I still wish some of you would come out to were I live. I'd love to meet you.
Awww. Thanks Dana. I don't know how many people on this board are skaters from your area.
Hope some respond to your request.

jazzpants
10-22-2008, 02:39 PM
I thought "SF" meant you were going to San Francisco! :lol: I thought the same thing too!!! Would have loved to welcome you to my San Francisco skating crowd too!!! :lol:

I see that Dana is from Connecticut, but I don't know which part of Connecticut he's at. I was at Fairfield, CT last week, but (unfortunately) ONLY for a wedding. (My in-laws would KILL me if I didn't mark off that entire weekend for them and only them.) I did make it to skate at the Hack and Brooklyn AFTER the wedding, but never made it to Manhattan.... :cry:

I'm sad that I won't get to see ISk8NYC again!!! :cry: (Any chance you're going to be around your old haunt say Christmas to about almost New Years Eve??? We missed having you around for the NYC Meetups!)

TimDavidSkate
10-22-2008, 08:49 PM
If anybody wants to drop by at Lasker Rink on weekends - youre more than welcome to, just mention that you are there to see me when you get to the gate, and they'll let you in :)

Isk8NYC
10-22-2008, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the offer, Tim.

Wednesday evenings in NJ are decidedly short on skating options, so I looked to see if Manhattan had skating tonight, but decided it was too cold and windy. Brrrr!