View Full Version : GK Tights (and more) on Sale

dbny
10-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Just bought myself 5 pair. The tights are $3 each. I'm a sucker for a sale on tights.

GK Sale (http://www.gk-elitesportswear.com/CGI-BIN/lansaweb?procfun+ELT_BUILD+ITEMCLS+DEV+FUNCPARMS+D STCD_E%28A0070%29:ELITE+CRYCD_E%28A0030%29:+HOMPGE 1%28A0010%29:N+PRDLN_E%28A0030%29:BB2+CAT_E%28A002 0%29:BB+CATRL_E%28A0030%29:08N+ITMCL_E%28A0120%29: GC_C+CUSTY_E%28A0030%29:CON?&utm_source=SKOSOCT-2&utm_campaign=Dance%20and%20Skating%20Overstocks%20-%2075%25%20Off%21&utm_content=sk8r819@aol.com&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=VerticalResponse&utm_term=HTML%20Version%20-%20Image%20Link%204)

Stormy
10-19-2008, 06:23 PM
Wow, I can't believe the prices are so low!! I'm getting some fleece boot cut pants, heart sweat pants to replace the same pair I've had for 6 years now, and a pair of footless tights for $27 shipped!! Sweet!!

Scarlett
10-20-2008, 07:22 AM
Thank you so much. I bought 2 dresses, a skirt, and a pair of tights for $75 and that included shipping.

sk8lady
10-20-2008, 08:03 AM
Great website! Thanks dbny!!

fsk8r
10-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Thanks for that. Two skirts a pair of pants and three pairs of tights, being shipped to California to hopefully meet someone getting on a plane for England! I love a sale when prices are THAT low.

I visited the GK outlet in Reading, PA and thought the prices there were good but these are even better.

dbny
10-20-2008, 03:23 PM
I love it! This is almost as good as going shopping with friends :lol:.

patatty
10-20-2008, 06:24 PM
I wonder if they are going out of business? They don't seem to have a new catalogue, and they list quantities available even for their non-sale items. It would be sad to lose a good skating supplier.

mikawendy
10-20-2008, 08:55 PM
A skating store that I buy stuff from online recently sent an e-mail that said GK is discontinuing its skating apparel line. However, I couldn't find confirmation of that anywhere on the GK site, so I wasn't sure if it was true or not.

Kim to the Max
10-20-2008, 09:53 PM
A skating store that I buy stuff from online recently sent an e-mail that said GK is discontinuing its skating apparel line. However, I couldn't find confirmation of that anywhere on the GK site, so I wasn't sure if it was true or not.

I had a similar e-mail from a store in upstate NY...I didn't know if it meant that they were not going to carry GK any more or if GK was stopping production...

fsk8r
10-21-2008, 02:05 AM
I had a similar e-mail from a store in upstate NY...I didn't know if it meant that they were not going to carry GK any more or if GK was stopping production...

The outlet store in Reading had two aisles of skating dresses and about a similar amount of gymnastics leotards. I was there over the Labor Day weekend and they didn't mention discontinuing skating dresses. They were busy telling me that they'd happily ship to the UK. Has everyone else brought out their new season catalogues? I've noticed that quite a lot of the online stores don't update what they're selling and I would have thought we're into the new season now.

fsk8r
10-21-2008, 09:42 AM
Apparently they won't sell on the website to a UK credit card with a US shipping address (and the website let the order through but they're not processing it after they confirmed it). It confuses them and they want me to use the UK site (which doesn't have the sale). Why are my banking arrangements any concern of GK? The site says that it may be cheaper to use their UK subsidiary to avoid excessive shipping costs and import taxes. It doesn't say that if you're foreign you HAVE to use the foreign site.

As I spend quite a lot of my time in the US I quite often by mail order and ship to my US address but always use my UK credit card (because that's where the paycheck goes!). I've never heard of this excuse before and won't it be a bit daft for me to pay for something with a UK credit card on the UK site for them to ship it to the US?

It's a shame because I really liked GK before, but doubt I'll be using them again unless they sort this out.

Skittl1321
10-21-2008, 10:08 AM
Edit- to take away the which size should I wear question, because I went ahead and just bought anyway. I have no patience... especially since quantities are so limited.

I have got to stop spending money! But I couldn't resist. I bought 4 pairs of tights and 2 dresses for under $50 shipped. (Their shipping was VERY reasonable.)

I'm a bit worried one of the dresses won't fit. Adult Medium is my pretty standard size, and it wasn't available in it- I had a hard time deciding between small and large- but figured for $13 it was worth the gamble. I went with large, because skatewear tends to be small, I'm just mostly worried about length. I'm not a large person really... but large can be taken in, and small just makes you look like a sausage, so I hope I leaned the right way. But I guess I can always sell it at the rink if it doesn't fit. It's an adorable dress, so my fingers are crossed.

These are the two dresses I got.
http://www.gk-elitesportswear.com/images/bb/sk1073.jpg (in large)
http://www.gk-elitesportswear.com/images/bb/sk1039.jpg (in medium) Hopefully one of the two will fit!

I wanted this one too, but didn't like the cutout at the bottom of the back. (It's a racer back but has a hole at the small of the back. Weird... that would just be a line of tights.)
http://www.gk-elitesportswear.com/images/bb/sk1067.jpg

CaraSkates
10-21-2008, 10:17 AM
I wear Mediums and Larges in GK dresses. Velvet- I'm a medium. Lycra or with a non stretch skirt I go for the large. I have one XL (price was amazing) but I had to take it in two inches from the waist up.
I'm 5' 6", 150lbs and a ladies 8 in clothes. I fit perfectly into a Del Arbour 8-10. You can sew, so if it's not a velvet dress, go bigger. Otherwise the small should be fine. What dress is it? I'm pretty familiar with their styles and some run smaller then others. Also, unlined dresses run bigger.

Skittl1321
10-21-2008, 10:24 AM
I wear Mediums and Larges in GK dresses. Velvet- I'm a medium. Lycra or with a non stretch skirt I go for the large. I have one XL (price was amazing) but I had to take it in two inches from the waist up.
I'm 5' 6", 150lbs and a ladies 8 in clothes. I fit perfectly into a Del Arbour 8-10. You can sew, so if it's not a velvet dress, go bigger. Otherwise the small should be fine. What dress is it? I'm pretty familiar with their styles and some run smaller then others. Also, unlined dresses run bigger.

Thanks for the size advice. I went with the large, but I'm still not sure which way I should have ordered. I'm quite a bit shorter then you, so maybe I should have gone with the small? But I wear a size 6-8 in most pants (I'm an XS in shirts still)- so maybe the large was the right way to go? It's a non-velvet dress, and it sounds like you go bigger for those and smaller for velvet- so at least I followed that.

I guess I'd rather take it in then have it be unwearable. It's a strappy dress though, which makes shortening it easier then if it was a tank or sleeve style...

Thanks DBNY for alterting me to the sale! If anything I got "free" dresses with normally priced tights!

NCSkater02
10-22-2008, 11:49 AM
I got a dress, two pairs of tights, a skirt, and a headband for $42. I don't think I can make a dress for that price!

sk8_4fun
10-22-2008, 01:42 PM
I think someone has already bought a bulk lot and put them on ebay already as the designs look familiar!

fsk8r
10-22-2008, 04:16 PM
Even better prices to be had if you contact the Down East / GK Outlet. He gets factory seconds and the like but is selling the same items as in the sale (not seconds) but at cheaper prices than on the GK website.

Stormy
10-22-2008, 08:30 PM
If I liked skating dresses I'd have bought a bunch, but I only wear them when I have to, like competitions or tests. I got a confirmation tonight my order was shipped, yay!!