View Full Version : Where's the Buckeye schedule?

Black Sheep
10-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Anyone got it yet? I keep checking my email boxes, Don Korte's site, skatecincinnati.org, etc. Nada. I'm still waiting to find out who's in Gold Ladies II and Masters Drama Interp. II!

techskater
10-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Reading the confirmation letter I got in my email inbox, I would expect the sked in the next couple days. They were accepting changes up to 10/12 in the case of mistakes (Sunday), so we'll just have to be patient a few more days.

Mel On Ice
10-13-2008, 08:29 PM
was just talking to the chief referee, it should be ready soon. Looks like I'm judging the test session the next day.

sk8er1964
10-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Reading the confirmation letter I got in my email inbox, I would expect the sked in the next couple days. They were accepting changes up to 10/12 in the case of mistakes (Sunday), so we'll just have to be patient a few more days.

When did you get a confirmation email? I didn't get one.

RachelSk8er
10-13-2008, 10:22 PM
When did you get a confirmation email? I didn't get one.

I got one too. They came out last week.

kander
10-14-2008, 12:25 AM
Is this an OSU thing?

RachelSk8er
10-14-2008, 06:56 AM
Is this an OSU thing?

No, it's an adult competition in Cincinnati.

flying~camel
10-14-2008, 06:56 AM
I got my confirmation email last week, too. Since the competition is only 2-1/2 weeks away, I'm sure we'll see the schedule within the next couple of days.

Black Sheep
10-14-2008, 08:47 AM
I got my confirmation email last week, too. Since the competition is only 2-1/2 weeks away, I'm sure we'll see the schedule within the next couple of days.

Less than that--only 11 days! ;)

sk8er1964
10-14-2008, 11:53 AM
Since I didn't get the conformation, I emailed them and verified that I am in. She said that they'd have the schedule out in the next couple of days.

Black Sheep - you're a two, right? As is Techskater? Because she told me that I am in Gold II/III so I assume that I'll be skating with at least the two of you. :)

techskater
10-14-2008, 08:26 PM
There will probably also be the organizer in the group of Gold 2/3

sk8er1964
10-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Probably. :)

RachelSk8er
10-14-2008, 09:07 PM
Since I didn't get the conformation, I emailed them and verified that I am in. She said that they'd have the schedule out in the next couple of days.

Black Sheep - you're a two, right? As is Techskater? Because she told me that I am in Gold II/III so I assume that I'll be skating with at least the two of you. :)

They gave you your age class (or age class combinations) in the confirmation? Mine only said silver for everything. I know there are only two of us in silver solo dance but not sure on numbers for silver compulsory or free.

flying~camel
10-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Mine only said Silver spins and I know of 1 other person who is doing Silver spins, so it could just be the 2 of us.

sk8er1964
10-14-2008, 10:01 PM
They gave you your age class (or age class combinations) in the confirmation? Mine only said silver for everything. I know there are only two of us in silver solo dance but not sure on numbers for silver compulsory or free.

No. I didn't get a confirmation, so I emailed to make sure that they did receive my entry. The email that I got back said that they did receive my entry, and I was registered for Gold II/III. I'm sure that was because of my individual email.

They will send out the schedules in a few days. Please, nobody email them for your exact events (not saying that you will, RachelSk8er) because they'll have that info to you as soon as possible.

RachelSk8er
10-15-2008, 07:42 AM
No. I didn't get a confirmation, so I emailed to make sure that they did receive my entry. The email that I got back said that they did receive my entry, and I was registered for Gold II/III. I'm sure that was because of my individual email.

They will send out the schedules in a few days. Please, nobody email them for your exact events (not saying that you will, RachelSk8er) because they'll have that info to you as soon as possible.

Wasn't planning on it, I emailed them a week or two ago just to make sure they actually had enough entries for silver solo dance to hold an event (because I noted with my application I was willing to move up to pre-gold or gold if I was the only entry)--so I needed to know what to prepare for. I had kind of been hoping no one else would sign up for silver, another person or two would do pre-gold, so I could get moved to that and do the blues instead (a much better dance for me than the stupid silver tango), but alas, someone else signed up for silver and there were no entries for pre-gold, so tango it is. I haven't done the dance since I passed it, so maybe I should get on that this week, huh?

As for freestyle and compulsory, I could care less what they do. Combined age classes, small or lage groups, etc--it still won't change how I prepare.

Mel On Ice
10-15-2008, 08:08 PM
They changed the team compulsories from half sheet to full sheet. I just couldn't get a very good spiral sequence on a 1/2 sheet of ice.

flying~camel
10-16-2008, 06:34 AM
I got my schedule - Silver Spins A at 1:51 PM

techskater
10-16-2008, 05:25 PM
Got mine too

Black Sheep
10-16-2008, 05:59 PM
Got mine too

Me, too! ;)

RachelSk8er
10-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Yay! Silver tango of death is first....then team....then compulsory, so I should be nice and warmed up by my freestyle (or tired as heck and ready to get out of there, whatever). OMG so many costume changes! Now to decide what to wear for team and compulsory...:halo:

I'm trying to decide if I should go home Saturday night, since I'll be more productive studying Sunday if I can sleep in a bit then spend the rest of the day buried in law books. The drive from the Cinci area to Cleveland (3.5 hrs) isn't bad at night, I did it tons of times when I was in college down that way @ Miami. Are there any festivities that go on Saturday night I should keep in mind? I took all day Friday off so I could get all my studying done then. I need some fun once in a while! Ooooh or maybe on the way down I can detour across I-70 and down through Oxford and pick up a session on Miami's new rink, which I have yet to see (but some of my tuition paid for it), they broke ground a week after I graduated. I haven't been down there since fall 04! So many choices!!!

flying~camel
10-16-2008, 09:18 PM
Are there any festivities that go on Saturday night I should keep in mind?

There's a competitor's dinner party on Saturday night.The last I went in 2006, the food was really good!

flying~camel
10-17-2008, 06:58 AM
According to the full event schedule, only 6 mins was alloted for both Silver Spins groups. Does that mean there's really only 3 of us per group?

flying~camel
10-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Good luck to all SF members competing at Buckeye this weekend! I can't wait to see you all in Cinci!! :D

sk8er1964
10-26-2008, 12:24 PM
It was a fun weekend - :bow: to the organizers!

flying~camel
10-27-2008, 09:31 AM
It was a fun weekend!

I really liked the team maneuvers event and would definitely do it again (though not as an alternate next time)!