View Full Version : Largest Fitting Skating Tights brand OTB?

katz in boots
10-10-2008, 03:13 AM
I recently discovered that I could (just) squeeze into some Mondor OTB tights in size Adult Extra Large. First time I have been able to wear OTB tights. They are rather too tight for comfort, so I'm wondering whether another brand of OTB tights might be a tad more generous. Any suggestions?

Skittl1321
10-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Well, I can't tell you which XLs work best- as I'm only a S/M, but I've always felt Mondor was tough to squeeze into- I prefer Danskin or Capezio OTB tights. I think the Capezio run larger then Danskin, which are larger then Mondor. If I recall, Danskin doesn't come with hooks on them- you have to sew them yourself. I don't recall about the capezio otb.

I haven't tried the OTB tights, but in dance I always favored Body Wrappers, as the most comfortable fit- and Rivers Edge Dancewear carries BW OTB tights.

aussieskater
10-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Katz, if you can get them, think about trying the Blochs ones (I think they make OTB). I usually take a tall in Capezio and Danskin, but a Med in Blochs IBT (with size 11 feet, I don't wear OTB tights..) The rise is good and long, and the waist is comfortable and not too tight, which is always an issue for me. (Even so, I still cut the waistband off and add a wide cotton lycra one instead, to eliminate the waistband line.)

One potential problem: Blochs run a bit light in colour so their Toast is pretty light even for my moon-tan legs. You might want to check first to see how the colour goes on your skin.

slusher
10-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Mondor makes an XXL in selected styles including OTB (# 3372). I've noticed in the past year they've changed the waist elastic to a nasty stiff type, I've snipped it in places so that it doesn't give that indented look but the tights are plenty big.

skaternum
10-11-2008, 03:57 PM
In my experience, Mondor runs pretty small. Try Capezio OTB tights. They have an XL that is a little roomier than the Mondors or even Danskins.

mikawendy
10-11-2008, 08:00 PM
I thought Capezio had discontinued its skating tights? (Even if that's the case, you may be able to find online retailers or stores that still have some.)

katz in boots
10-12-2008, 02:22 AM
I thought Capezio had discontinued skating tights also.
What about US Icewear ( I think that's what it's called), are they any bigger?

Mrs Redboots
10-12-2008, 06:42 AM
I, too, had heard Capezio had discontinued, which is very sad as my one and only pair are really comfortable!

jskater49
10-12-2008, 08:19 AM
I was very sad to hear of the end of Capezio skating tights. I liked their OTB - with the elastic. I HATE OTB tights with clips, velcro, I can never fasten them and it's just too much junk on my feet.

I have one pair capezio OTB tights left with no holes...I figure I got one competition left with them before they rip...

j

skaternum
10-12-2008, 08:50 PM
Noooooo! I didn't know Capezio had discontinued their skating tights. I have to make a run to the skatewear store next week!

chowskates
10-20-2008, 02:27 AM
Capezio skating tights are NOT discontinued... I have an online store, and have just brought in a shipment from Capezio.

Cheers,
Chow

skaternum
10-20-2008, 07:02 AM
Hallelujah!!! Thanks for the info, Chow.

Mrs Redboots
10-20-2008, 09:43 AM
Capezio skating tights are NOT discontinued... I have an online store, and have just brought in a shipment from Capezio.

Cheers,
Chow
Oh good! Now I just have to find someone who sells them in this country - unless, Chow dearest, I could persuade you to bring me over a couple of pairs next summer and pay you in Euros?

chowskates
10-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Annabel, I'll be happy to get you some. :-) I'm just not sure if I will be going to Europe next year! After my baby, and with the rink situation, I'm skating so irregularly...

jskater49
10-28-2008, 07:06 PM

Cheers,
Chow

Do they still make OTB tights??

j

chowskates
10-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Do they still make OTB tights??

j

Yep they do. And I agree with you that non-velcro, non-clip OTB tights are awesome! :-)

I think what is discontinued is the skating dress line.

mikawendy
10-28-2008, 09:45 PM

Cheers,
Chow

Ohhhhh, this is great news! None of the stores around here seem to have Capezio skating tights. I like the texture and thickness of their tights.

katz in boots
10-29-2008, 03:32 AM
Okay, so Capezio still make OTB tights. They aren't that easy to get here, I'd need to buy from overseas, so I need to know if they are definitely the biggest fitting brand?

Mrs Redboots
10-29-2008, 08:37 AM
Annabel, I'll be happy to get you some. :-) I'm just not sure if I will be going to Europe next year! After my baby, and with the rink situation, I'm skating so irregularly...
I know - huggles! - I wish you could skate more. But if you do decide to come, let me know and I'll definitely order another pair!