View Full Version : Your Discipline and what you are working on for this year?

FSWer
09-26-2008, 08:49 PM
Ok skaters!!!! Time to tell me your Discipline and what you are working on in Skating for this year. If you do more then one Discipline please say for all your Disciplines. Synchro. included.

ibreakhearts66
09-26-2008, 09:09 PM
Well, my main discipline is freestyle, and I've created a pretty lofty goal for myself. I aim to compete at the Novice level for regionals next year. Accordingly, I'm working hard on my tests (pre-juv through novice 8O). I'm also working on my overall skating and presentation. Jumps too of course--hoping for a triple by next year. Finally, I'm also working on different spin combos and positions so that I can get high level spins. Right now I can do a level 3 sit, 4 if I get the edge change right.

I'm also starting with Dance, but I'm not focusing on it too heavily because I have all my moves and freestyle tests to take. But I'm working on my beginning dances. Preliminary? I think? IDK

Clarice
09-26-2008, 10:03 PM
I'm hoping to go to Adult Nationals this year, competing in freestyle, interpretive, and solo dance. So I'm learning my new freestyle and interpretive programs and playing catch-up in dance. I'm just barely qualified to compete, since I've only passed one Pre-Bronze dance, and it isn't the one they've chosen for the competition. So I need to learn the Fiesta Tango and Willow Waltz. It's really fun, but very technical. There's a whole lot more to this ice dance stuff than I knew! My synchro team is also planning to go to our first real competition. We don't figure we'll place very well, but we're really looking forward to the experience!