View Full Version : changing wires in proflex

RinkRat321
09-15-2008, 04:36 PM
one of my wires got frayed in my proflex boot and now it wont tighten. I know i have to change it, but as silly as it sounds im terrified to because I dont want to mess them up. does anyone on here have proflex and know how to change the wires? would it be silly to try to change them myself? should i get a guy at my proshop to do it? HELP pleaseeeee

Rusty Blades
09-15-2008, 05:40 PM
The factory rep from Jackson gave me a crash course in that at Nationals in the spring.

You can probably do it yourself if you are careful and a little bold but it would be best to take it to a Jackson dealer and watch them do it the first time. If you don't have a Jackson dealer who can do the job, I can probably lead you through it. Quite likely after seeing it done once, you will be fine to do it on your own. (I didn't let the Jackson man take my skate apart at Nationals 'cause the wires were fine but I did want to learn how to do it.)

RinkRat321
09-16-2008, 06:58 PM
The factory rep from Jackson gave me a crash course in that at Nationals in the spring.

You can probably do it yourself if you are careful and a little bold but it would be best to take it to a Jackson dealer and watch them do it the first time. If you don't have a Jackson dealer who can do the job, I can probably lead you through it. Quite likely after seeing it done once, you will be fine to do it on your own. (I didn't let the Jackson man take my skate apart at Nationals 'cause the wires were fine but I did want to learn how to do it.)

thanks! me and my dad sat down and figured it out last night. it was a bit tricky but the skates worked fine today :D

katz in boots
09-18-2008, 03:27 AM
Glad to hear you figured it out. My coach came around to my place to replace hers, and it was scary - especially the bit where you have to prize the cover off.

I am grateful she went through the process herself first, hopefully she can help me when it's my turn!

Not for the faint-hearted!8O