View Full Version : Anyone gotten a rulebook yet??

phoenix
09-11-2008, 09:05 AM
Just wondering if they've appeared anywhere yet.

Isk8NYC
09-11-2008, 09:18 AM
I received mine last week. Came with the Directory, the rules & regulations, plus the TESTS in a separate spiral-bound book. Very nicely done. (Southeast US; last name starts with "G") It was sent to my PO Box, but the zip code wasn't correct - it was my home address zip. Same post office, so it wasn't a big deal. Maybe others' packages have the wrong zip, too?

Looplover thinks I might get a CD/ROM version from the Club - that would be nice too.
(I like that for looking things up since it does full-text searches)

Pgh.Coach
09-11-2008, 09:38 AM
I have yet to receive mine. I was a bit late on the coaches registration (June 30), so I wonder if that will affect the mailing of the rulebooks...

Isk8NYC, were you one of the earlier coaches to register/get the background check?

Isk8NYC
09-11-2008, 09:53 AM
I have yet to receive mine. I was a bit late on the coaches registration (June 30), so I wonder if that will affect the mailing of the rulebooks...

Isk8NYC, were you one of the earlier coaches to register/get the background check?Nah, I'm a last-minute Lena, lol. I think I registered the same day that you did; maybe a day before.

Pgh.Coach
09-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Perhaps location is a factor. I'm up in the northeast U.S., so maybe they're sending them out by region. LOL, then again I doubt there's very much rhyme or reason behind their shipping methods!

Pgh.Coach
09-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Well, what do you know: mine (rulebook, test book, and directory) came today! I'm sure others will be getting theirs soon enough.

sk8lady
09-12-2008, 04:45 PM
My coach got hers last week. I still don't have mine. I wonder if it's alphabetical.

Clarice
09-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Mine arrived today, as did my daughter's. Last name starting with "s", UGL.

Pgh.Coach
09-13-2008, 09:24 AM
My coach got hers last week. I still don't have mine. I wonder if it's alphabetical.

My last name's an H, so that's a possibility.

Isk8NYC
09-13-2008, 09:53 AM
My coach got hers last week. I still don't have mine. I wonder if it's alphabetical.I think the rulebooks are packaged and shipped by a mail house in Colorado Springs, CO. The USFSA provides a mailing list and the mailhouse determines the order. My last name is a "G", so I think sk8lady's on to something about it being alphabetical.

The postage was metered out of zip 80906 on 8/27/2008, but there's a small notation handwritten on the box itself that says "C.N. 8/29/08 V.C." Maybe that's because of the incorrect zip code - it could have been the post office's notation.

Just a note: $13 in postage; I would have been satisfied with the CD/ROM version and maybe the Tests spiral-bound book. I hope they offer other options next year so we can save some trees.

It does makes sense that Coaches would get the first copies.
Did anyone who's NOT a coach receive their rulebooks yet?

phoenix
09-13-2008, 10:01 AM
woo hoo, mine came yesterday! Love the test book, takes up a lot less space in my skate bag.

sk8lady
09-13-2008, 01:47 PM
Still don't have mine. Maybe Monday.

blue111moon
09-13-2008, 08:57 PM
I think officials got the first batch. I know I got mine a couple weeks ago, but my last name is at the beginning of the alphabet as well.