View Full Version : What is a typical Day in the Discipline(s) you do like?

FSWer
09-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Ok follow skaters!!! What I want you to do for me today is...discive what a typical Day in the Discine(s) you do is like? If you do more then one Discipline. Please discrive for all. Please say each Discipline you do. Ok...GO!!!!!

TimDavidSkate
09-09-2008, 04:58 PM
When I dont feel like doing anything on the ice - I do ice dance stuff, but if my body is up to freestyle I do singles (which I normally do) :halo:

Rusty Blades
09-09-2008, 05:22 PM
OMG! How BORING! LOL!

Freeskate, Adult, competitive.

Up every morning at 4 a.m., out of the house by 5, and hour to the city. Three days a week the next stop is at Tim Horton's just before 6 (coffee is NECESSARY to skate in the mornings!), the rink by 6:15. I get the keys, unlock the coaches room (I avoid the dressing room with the noisy youngsters LOL!) and the music stand, return the keys, and back to the coaches room to change, stretch and warm up.

I am usually on the ice by 6:45, whenever the flood is finished, and do some on-ice warm up. Then it is simple, mundane practice - try a little of everything and work on whatever is weak. I usually skate an hour to 1:30 and then it's off to work until 3:30 and an hour's drive home.

On days when I don't skate, I am in the office by 6 a.m. to make up for the time I use skating.

It is all terribly boring ...... until that one time each year when Adult Nationals rolls around and I put all that hard work in front of the judges, get terrible marks, wonder why I bother ...... and then go home and do it all again for next year :mrgreen: