View Full Version : Fav. move to watch/fav. move to do as a skater.

FSWer
09-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Ok fellow skaters!!!! Time to tell me what your fav. move as a SKATER is to do in the Discipline you do. As well as your fav. move to WATCH as a fan in that very same Discipline. For ex. If your a Freestyler. I want you to tell me your fav. move to do as a Freestyler..and your fav. move to watch as a fan in Freestyle. Ok fellow skaters...GO!!!!

hanca
09-02-2008, 01:33 PM
I would like to learn split jump and split falling leaf jump. I really like to see those in programs if they are done properly. (By properly I mean the legs to be horizontal with ice.)
I also like spirals when the free leg is vertical. (Sasha Cohen, Caroline Zhang, Mirai Nagasu). :bow:

Rusty Blades
09-02-2008, 02:21 PM
I LOVE good footwork but am nowhere near anything resembling "footwork" myself.

Skittl1321
09-02-2008, 02:27 PM
My favorite move to do is a really fast, centered scratch spin. If I come out of the spin and realize I traveled 3/4 of the way down the rink, it isn't quite the same feeling.

My favorite move to watch- hmm- that layback spin that Caroline Zhang did in an exhibition where she held something like 50 revolutions was pretty amazing. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQhf7WSUsGE) I also like when elites just do HUGE single jumps- that's as impressive as a good triple. And sometimes I'd be willing to stop my group lessons just to watch the instructor do crossovers, they are that good.

celticprincess
09-02-2008, 04:06 PM
My favorite move to do is more grace elements like ina bauers...even though my hips are closed so I do more or less my version of it. I also like doing my loop jump while holding my left leg with my left hand.

My favorite move watch is a flying sit spin. I haven't seen alot of the elite skaters do them and I get so disappointed because they really are impressive when done well.

flying~camel
09-03-2008, 07:23 AM
Layback spins!

It's probably my best spin right now and I've gotten a lot of compliments on it in the past year. :)

Morgail
09-04-2008, 08:20 PM
I love to watch flying sit spins, too! I really want to learn how to do one some day.

My favorite to do....hmmm....I love doing fast, centered scratch spins. But I also love doing a huge, floating flip. So it's a tie between those two. :)

Kim to the Max
09-04-2008, 08:39 PM
I LOVE watching a basic, GOOD spiral...and that is also my favorite thing to do...when I do a spiral, it's usually like the parting of the red sea...

winziped
09-04-2008, 09:38 PM
axel jump
camel spin ,
lutz
upright spin

Scarlett
09-05-2008, 04:29 PM
I love to see beautiful spread eagles.

My favorite move to do is the lutz.

liz_on_ice
09-05-2008, 06:36 PM
fav move to watch - illusion spin. just wow.

fave to do - spirals - backwards, forwards, any which way. love that gllllliiiiiidddddeeeee :D

mikawendy
09-05-2008, 09:31 PM
My favorites to watch: triple or double loop; death drop; flying forward sit; Silver Tango (Harris Tango); Paso Doble; and senior MIF done really well

My favorites to do: sit spin, camel spin, usually (but not currently) lutz, forward perimeter crossovers, forward and backward power circles (mostly forward CW and backward CCW), and RFO spiral