View Full Version : Okay -- Which dress?

jazzpants
08-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Dress 1 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=260272176453) or Dress 2 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=230285346398)?

Share your points why...

Music is a popular piece, falling more between pop and rap (but definitely not rap. It's really pop music with a slight edgeness of rap.)

I will pick one of the two... unless there's a strong push to ditch BOTH of them, then you better pick a dress on Ebay that you think is best suited for the piece.

(Yes, I have ditched the unitard idea. I just don't have the body for it.)

dbny
08-29-2008, 01:50 PM
It's very close, but I like dress 2 better. Dress 1 has a distinct line between the upper and lower parts of the dress. Dress 2 does not have that, and flows more as a result. I think flow is one of the more difficult things for adult skaters to achieve, and this dress will add to your flow.

4rkidz
08-29-2008, 01:53 PM
I think dress two would be more flattering for an adult?? they are both pretty though..

Pgh.Coach
08-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Dress two, dress two!

I love the fading and the sequins. The colors are very flattering as well and will likely show up vibrantly against the ice.

While dress one is not ugly by any means, there's just a bit too much going on in regards to the layout of the sequins. It lacks the balance [in the sequin design] of the second dress.

RachelSk8er
08-29-2008, 02:06 PM
I actually like both, but the darker, regal color of 1 better. 2 would be better on someone who has things to hide, but you have such a tiny figure you could pull of either.

Skittl1321
08-29-2008, 02:29 PM
I prefer dress one's neckline, but the skirt could cut an adult strangely. Dress two is also very pretty, depending on how it is tacked it might fly up ackwardly in spins though (if it's just a slip over a leotard sort of thing, since there is no waist line). I think my vote is for 1, but not for any good reasons.

Sessy
08-29-2008, 03:11 PM
Dress 2 will visually enlarge bust and lessen the butt area, has my vote thus.

hanca
08-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Both of them are very nice. O prefer dress 2. Better colours, and as someone already mentioned, the shape makes smoother line between body and skirt. On the other hand, the top is nicer on dress 1, but overall dress two is winning my vote.

jazzpants
08-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Dress 2 will visually enlarge bust and lessen the butt area, has my vote thus.
OOOOOH!!! That is an enticing reason I didn't think of for Dress 2... :twisted: :P :lol: (Thanks, Sessy!)

sk8lady
08-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Dress 2, for sure...I would worry about the sequins crawling up onto the neck towards the head on Dress 1.

techskater
08-29-2008, 05:50 PM
Dress 2 - I love the skirt

sk8tmum
08-29-2008, 06:22 PM
I like Dress 2 better, 'cause Dress 1 makes me think of Cinderella and princesses and dainty little girl stuff. I'm totally useless on ebay so can't stick up a different suggestion anyways; how funky is the number BTW? If it's funky tending to rap-ish, Dress 1 would not seem to fit the mood.

patatty
08-29-2008, 07:02 PM
I like them both, but the skirt style on dress 1 is one that only those with no hips can pull off. I don't know your body type, but that may be a consideration. I vote for dress 2 based on that factor, but they are both really pretty.

dak_rbb
08-29-2008, 09:22 PM
I like dress 2. They would both be fine, but I prefer the flatter skirt on dress 2. Either way will be great.

Clarice
08-29-2008, 09:30 PM
Another vote for dress 2, for all the reasons stated above. They're both pretty, though - you really can't go wrong.

Mrs Redboots
08-30-2008, 07:08 AM
I voted for Dress 1 simply because I prefer the colour! But I agree, it could make you look as though you have a large tummy, which you don't. Could you get dress 2 in dress 1's colour?

jazzpants
08-30-2008, 10:44 AM
I voted for Dress 1 simply because I prefer the colour! But I agree, it could make you look as though you have a large tummy, which you don't. Could you get dress 2 in dress 1's colour?
I WISH!!! :roll: If that was the case, the poll wouldn't have been here... and the dress would have been BOUGHT!!! :P

ETA: I have asked the person what color combinations they do have... Not pushing my luck, but maybe they can do it.

Black Sheep
08-30-2008, 12:47 PM
The pink makes it stand out a little more....

looplover
08-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Hey, those are really nice, and I never like skating dresses! :lol:

I think Dress 2 as well - I love the lines of the sequins/beading. Unique and flattering!

doubletoe
08-30-2008, 04:15 PM
I vote for Dress #1 because I think the style and color will really make you stand out on the ice. The shade of purple in the second dress isn't *bad* but the deeper, bluer purple of the first dress is ideal for your hair color and skin tone, IMO. And I think either dress would be equally flattering on you, since you have a nice figure.

jazzpants
08-31-2008, 09:23 PM

I WISH!!! :roll: If that was the case, the poll wouldn't have been here... and the dress would have been BOUGHT!!! :P

ETA: I have asked the person what color combinations they do have... Not pushing my luck, but maybe they can do it.I just pinged both dressmakers and the maker of Dress 2 CAN make the dress in the same deep purple color as Dress 1!!! The bodice will be all deep purple but the skirt will gradually go to white, as in Dress 1. I also asked that the sequin patterns match the new deep purple color. (Probably some purple stones, some lilac, some clear AB stones...) The shoulder straps, dress style and the sequin patterns will be exactly the same (as Dress 2) though!!!

I went ahead and bought DRESS 2!!! I think I'm gonna love this dress when it's done!!! :mrgreen:

Thank you for the suggestion, Mrs. Redboots!!! And thank you EVERYONE for your input!!! I definitely had a tough dilemma with the color, the sequin pattern and the skirt issue...and this was a great way of getting exactly what I wanted!!! :mrgreen:

dbny
08-31-2008, 11:11 PM
Now you know we want a pic of you in that dress when you get it!!!

Mrs Redboots
09-01-2008, 11:59 AM
That is going to look simply fantastic! Long to see the photos.... and the trophies?

Petlover
09-01-2008, 07:17 PM
I have 4 dresses from Wonderland0559 (who makes dress 2) and I absolutely adore all of them and wore them at Peach this past weekend. They all fit well,. are very comfortable, and are top quality. You definitely made the right choice.