View Full Version : Passed Silver Moves!

Hannahclear
08-21-2008, 12:59 PM
I'm just so happy. Had to share! Second attempt. Two judges gave me .1 more than I needed, the other gave me the exact 16.2 score. Didn't skate as well as I can, but didn't choke!

The 8 step was the worst. Only one judge passed it. Everyone liked the other stuff, I had at least one 2.8 from each judge.

Yay!

jcookie1982
08-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Congrats!!!!

phoenix
08-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Good for you! Those aren't easy.

mikawendy
08-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Congratulations! And now you only have to do the 8 step if you want to! :-)

Bill_S
08-21-2008, 01:48 PM
Congratulations! It's great to get those milestones accomplished.

Now on to Gold moves and all those fun brackets! ;)

stacyf419
08-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Wow - big congrats!!! :bow::bow:

Debbie S
08-21-2008, 02:13 PM
Congratulations! Welcome to the world of power circles, brackets, and double 3s!

It has been 6 weeks and 3 days (and counting) since I last did the 8-step. I may work on the first few standard-track MIF tests, but I am definitely NOT doing Juv - lol.

Hannahclear
08-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Ugh, me either. I really hate the 8-step. I was just glad that I got a 2.6 and passed with enough points. I got a 2.5 last time. :lol:

My husband afterward was like, "yeah, that first one you did was really loud. Was it supposed to be loud?" :lol:

I'm never going to do it again. I'm not really interested in standard track. I'm also going to take a break and do some dances before I even think about gold moves. There is no hurry. I think I'd like to work on the prelims, maybe even try solo dance at AN if I pick them up quickly. Gold moves can wait!

dbny
08-21-2008, 03:06 PM
Congratulations!

skaternum
08-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Yay!!! Congrats!

phoenix
08-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Ugh, me either. I really hate the 8-step. I was just glad that I got a 2.6 and passed with enough points. I got a 2.5 last time. :lol:

My husband afterward was like, "yeah, that first one you did was really loud. Was it supposed to be loud?" :lol:

I'm never going to do it again. I'm not really interested in standard track. I'm also going to take a break and do some dances before I even think about gold moves. There is no hurry. I think I'd like to work on the prelims, maybe even try solo dance at AN if I pick them up quickly. Gold moves can wait!

If you're interested in ice dance, you'd better learn to love the 8-step pattern---because that's the end pattern for 2 dances! Ten-Fox and 14-step, Bronze & pre-silver respectively. :??

vesperholly
08-21-2008, 03:25 PM
Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. Definitely give dance a try. It will help you with moves, too. :)

Hannahclear
08-21-2008, 03:26 PM
If you're interested in ice dance, you'd better learn to love the 8-step pattern---because that's the end pattern for 2 dances! Ten-Fox and 14-step, Bronze & pre-silver respectively. :??

Well, I won't worry about it for some time. I've never tested ANY dance. I might try and pass the Fiesta Tango and learn the Willow Waltz by AN 09, but that's the extent of my horizon right now. First the prelims.....

LilJen
08-21-2008, 05:08 PM
Congratulations!!! Quite an accomplishment!

coskater64
08-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Congratulations!! No more 8 step!! Yee Haww!:lol::lol:

sk8lady
08-21-2008, 05:41 PM
Congratulations!

jazzpants
08-21-2008, 06:06 PM
HOORAY!!! HOORAY!!! HOORAY!!! NO MORE 8 STEPS!!! :twisted: :P :lol:

Congrats to you on your Silver Moves test, Hannahclear!!! (Those moves are HARD!!! Well, difficult for me now since I'm working on them... 8O Not impossible though, so I will eventually get it... someday... :roll: :P )

Terri C
08-21-2008, 07:06 PM
Congrats Hannahclear!!
Call me strange or weird if you all like to, but I actually like the 8 step, even with some of the nasty falls I've had on it. The threes in the field though...don't go there with me.

patatty
08-21-2008, 07:16 PM
Congratulations! I hated the 8-step too. It was my worst move, and I am glad that I never have to do it again!

Hannahclear
08-21-2008, 08:52 PM
I've seen some adults with really GREAT 8-steps. It's just not for me though.....:lol:

Thin-Ice
08-22-2008, 02:07 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! to Hannahclear!!!

Congrats Hannahclear!!
Call me strange or weird if you all like to, but I actually like the 8 step, even with some of the nasty falls I've had on it. The threes in the field though...don't go there with me.

I SOOOOO agree with you on this Terri C! And the worst part on those is they make up one-third of the Silver Moves test! I test both standard and adult track.. and when I passed Pre-Juve many years ago, I SWORE I would never do those again... then of course, when adult moves were instituted, there they were.. waiting for me on Silver Moves. :roll: I actually put off even working on that test for a few years, just to avoid them.

Strangely enough, I am actually enjoying working on double-3s though! My theory is that's because I'm already close to being on the correct spot of the blade on the correct foot for the back 3-turn when I finish the forward 3-turn. But I do better when I have fewer body parts to move around.:lol:

Mrs Redboots
08-22-2008, 07:19 AM
Congratulations HannahClear!

It's not that bad - you only have to do them anti-clockwise! I can do them that way, but clockwise - well, let's say I'm glad they're not part of our test structure!

The 3s in the field, or a very similar move, are, however. And I agree with those who say "let's not go there". I could probably get them if I worked hard, but they are on our Level 3 which has a spiral move that I don't think I'll get in my lifetime, so I don't work too hard. But the other two moves I could pass tomorrow - well, not tomorrow, but in a week or so!

jskater49
08-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Congrats. Great job.

I've just begun with the 8 step. Sometimes I can actually put my foot down on an outside edge. Staying on it is another matter.

j

Ellyn
08-22-2008, 12:35 PM
Hmm, my outside mohawks are actually better, or at least quieter, in my "bad" direction. Which doesn't help me with the Ten-Fox, which was my nemesis when I was testing dance.

Now it's the eight-step and the threes that need work before I can test silver. I've already been working on them for several years but they're not quite ready yet. Maybe I'll try standard prejuvenile first, so it will only be two instead of three moves I really need to worry about. (Which is why I was simultaneously working on the standard preliminary and finally passed that one.)

Congrats to those who have gotten through the silver moves. I hope to join you eventually.

doubletoe
08-22-2008, 12:37 PM
I've seen some adults with really GREAT 8-steps. It's just not for me though.....:lol:

It helps to have open hips. ;) Anyway, a big CONGRATULATIONS to you, and now. . . time to start practicing your brackets! Heh heh.:twisted:

san
08-22-2008, 01:24 PM
Congrats, Hannahclear!

Debbie S
08-22-2008, 02:45 PM
(Which is why I was simultaneously working on the standard preliminary and finally passed that one.)Congratulations! I know how hard you worked on that test. :) I may be trying that test in the coming year - ugh, those spirals and alt 3s.

Congrats to those who have gotten through the silver moves. I hope to join you eventually.You will! :)

sexyskates
08-22-2008, 06:02 PM
Congratulations on passing a very difficult test!!!

Morgail
08-22-2008, 07:58 PM
Congratulations!!!

8-step was my lowest-scoring Silver move too :roll: