View Full Version : My Bunga pads are sliding- any suggestions?

rink_shark08
08-14-2008, 05:07 PM
I use bunga pads with my Jackson freestyles (i get bad blisters on my inside ankle bones) Recently, I have been having a big problem with the pads rolling up and sliding off my ankle bone, where I need them most. As a result, I have two really awful blisters that just formed today- not fun!

I think it may because my ankles sweat so much that they are sliding around. I make sure when I put the skates on that they are in place before lacing, but as I skate, the ends begin to roll up. Any suggestions? I may skip the pads all together and go the ace bandage route... sheesh!

teresa
08-14-2008, 05:21 PM
Tips-

1. Wear your pads next to your skin and wear your tights over the top. I do this and I have never had a problem with sliding.

2. Try a little baby powder on the inside of your pads. I do this when I wash mine.

3. It may be time to buy new ones. Bungas are great, love mine, but they do need to be changed out occasionally.

Good luck

teresa

dbny
08-14-2008, 06:59 PM
I lace my boots so tightly that I can't see how anything inside the boot could move. Maybe your boots are a bit too loose around the ankles? Also, I began using a bit of moisture to hold my SkatingSafe knee pads in place next to my skin, after discovering that sweat made them stick in place, so I don't see sweat allowing your bungas to move, unless they are really swimming in it.

RachelSk8er
08-14-2008, 10:01 PM
You can also try wearing one pair of footed tights, then the bunga pad, and a pair of footless overtights tucked INTO the boot. That will help hold the bunga pad in place.

Mine slide around too, luckily I only need one on my L ankle to protect from the top of the boot rubbing and cutting in too much but it still keeps that area covered.

kander
08-16-2008, 12:59 AM
I have the exact same problem. I fixed it by using athletic tape to secure the pad in position. Putting the tape on correctly is somewhat tricky, and if you do it wrong your pads will still roll up on you.

I have a theory that the pads roll up when there is unequal pressure on the two sides of the boot, as is the case with my boots.

vesperholly
08-16-2008, 03:00 AM
What if you wear them gel-side out? That way the cloth side can absorb some of the moisture.

doubletoe
08-16-2008, 03:26 PM
Two things that have helped me are washing them to tighten them up again (just remember to let them dry, LOL) and dusting them on the gel side with some talcum powder.