View Full Version : Cyclone Country Championships 10/31-11/1 2008 Ames Iowa

jskater49
08-08-2008, 06:32 AM
http://www.amesfsc.org/2008CCCRegistration.pdf

We have adult events! Come to Ames for Halloween!

Skittl1321
08-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Thanks for posting!
Sadly, I don't think I can afford the competition :( and hopefully I won't need the test session... but there is always a chance I might come up for bronze moves (crosses finger that won't be necessary)

xgskate
06-13-2009, 10:35 PM
Never posted this before. But this is from 2007 Cyclcone Country Championships.

http://cychampion.googlepages.com/

techskater
06-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Sadly, that is a home football weekend AND a dog trial weekend.

mdvask8r
06-14-2009, 07:04 PM
THe link doesn't work . . .
oh duh, the original post is for a 2008 event.
Will it be held again this year?

Clarice
06-14-2009, 07:10 PM
Sadly, that is a home football weekend AND a dog trial weekend.

Dog trial? As in agility? Oh man, where?

Jskater, if my husband is off at an agility trial and I don't have a gig, I'm DEFINITLY coming out to Ames!

jskater49
06-14-2009, 08:05 PM

Jskater, if my husband is off at an agility trial and I don't have a gig, I'm DEFINITLY coming out to Ames!

Okay but this year it will be November 7...never again are we going to compete with Halloween!

SkaterBird
06-15-2009, 09:17 AM
If the adult events are on a Saturday I will be there for sure!

Mimi

jskater49
06-15-2009, 02:35 PM
If the adult events are on a Saturday I will be there for sure!

Mimi

Everything will be on Saturday except maybe tests on Friday night.

SkaterBird
06-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Well, since it's not going to be the day after Halloween I'll drive down Friday night - I don't anticipate that my small-but-beautiful cheerleader and bear-thrower will be sick two years in a row. So Miss Laurabird and I will attend! maybe you'll even include a PB spins event again (I LOVE spins :), jumps not so much. You have a good waltz jump, though :bow:). I will probably skate the same program I skated on Saturday, and maybe this time I will actually get an inch or so of air under my waltz jumps:twisted:.
Mimi

techskater
06-15-2009, 06:43 PM

Yes, as in agility. It's in Lake Barrington hosted by Agility Junkies all weekend. I know the AJ folks (friends with my trainer at FD) and it's on agilityevents.net. It's not open yet - it's 10/31 and 11/1

jskater49
06-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Well, since it's not going to be the day after Halloween I'll drive down Friday night - I don't anticipate that my small-but-beautiful cheerleader and bear-thrower will be sick two years in a row. So Miss Laurabird and I will attend! maybe you'll even include a PB spins event again (I LOVE spins :), jumps not so much. You have a good waltz jump, though :bow:). I will probably skate the same program I skated on Saturday, and maybe this time I will actually get an inch or so of air under my waltz jumps:twisted:.
Mimi

That is so hysterical to hear someone say I have a good waltz jump. If you come I'll have a spins event and I'll event enter it so you can kick my butt. It will be good for me to work on spins.

jskater

SkaterBird
06-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Tell you what. If you include a PB jumps event I'll enter it so you can kick my butt, and then we can do PB spins and assuming my spins show up again maybe I'll win that one, and we can go mano a mano on the FS and you will probably kick MY butt again, and then we can take our sore butts out for a cocktail!!!!!:twisted:

jskater49
06-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Tell you what. If you include a PB jumps event I'll enter it so you can kick my butt, and then we can do PB spins and assuming my spins show up again maybe I'll win that one, and we can go mano a mano on the FS and you will probably kick MY butt again, and then we can take our sore butts out for a cocktail!!!!!:twisted:

hAHAAHAA ....with our luck someone who can really skate will show up and kick both our butts.

Joelle

SkaterBird
06-16-2009, 10:38 PM
hAHAAHAA ....with our luck someone who can really skate will show up and kick both our butts.

Joelle

And my butt is such a big target, too . . . :lol: